HTC Incredible S or Samsung Galaxy I9003.

awpmagnum

Disciple
Confused between these two phones.
Here is the spec. comparison
HTC Incredible S vs. Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL - GSMArena.com

The htc is retailing for 26999 and samsung for 19500. Prices for both go down a little after bargaining.

My Question is is the HTC worth the higher price considering its sense ui, better looks, more ram, better camera and graphics and comparably better update service of htc compared to samsung.

also open to other android phone suggestions upto 27k.

I was waiting for the nexus S but I guess it'll never come to India.

awpmagnum said:
Please reply to my previous post 8

Camera, flash and looks matter but not very much.... what matters the most to me is the software, I dont want to be still stuck on froyo when the whole world is on ice cream or rosogulla or whatever :)

If incredible s is not very successful then even custom ROMs wont be available for it at xda devs. But if I buy galaxy i9003 then I can console myself by saying that I didnt spend too much on it and sell it for a decent price to by the latest thing at that time.

TWO QUESTIONS

1. Will the custom roms made for i9000 (hugely popular and huge dev support) work for i9003?

2. Does it make sense to splurge 30K on Nexus s from the gray market.?

If the answer to these questions is no then I will pre order the Incredible S.

Btw.... thanks for the replies
1) Not sure but i doubt it. Would require more research and the best place to ask this question would be xda-dev

2) No. Especially since it's available on pre-order on flipkart for 28k right now and to be released in <2 weeks.. might as well wait it out and pick it up from a store/flipkart if this one is the phone you want.

Reason why I'm not going for the Nexus S despite it being a pure google phone as, as Spacescreamer said, (and I have a few to add)

1) No memory card slot in Nexus S

2) No 720p video recording

3) Stock Google Experience (though it's a plus for most people, I like HTC Sense UI from the looks of it.. would like that over stock.

Tomorrow if I want to change, that'd be a different story.. but for now, I like SenseUI > Stock > TouchWiz

John Anderton said:
From what I hear, the LG Optimus One P500 was a pretty good phone for it's price range.

If you hear otherwise, please let me know ASAP since I've recommended one to a friend who's going to buy it this weekend :p

Optimus one is a good phone, don't worry :p

and guys Nexus S has 720p recording, I think you all referring to GSMarena.

John Anderton said:
1)

Reason why I'm not going for the Nexus S despite it being a pure google phone as, as Spacescreamer said, (and I have a few to add)

1) No memory card slot in Nexus S - 16GB is more than enough. Even the iPhone sells without memory card slot, yet no one complains about it.

2) No 720p video recording - The S-LCD version has 720p recording. Nexus S in Italy next month, no sAMOLED but has 720p video? - GSMArena.com news

3) Stock Google Experience (though it's a plus for most people, I like HTC Sense UI from the looks of it.. would like that over stock.

Tomorrow if I want to change, that'd be a different story.. but for now, I like SenseUI > Stock > TouchWiz

That's personal preference.

There are your answers.

pauldmps said:
16GB is more than enough. Even the iPhone sells without memory card slot, yet no one complains about it.

If anything goes wrong with Any component of the phone, the whole phone wd be sent for repairs.

We all know those few scoundrel mobile repair guys and facebook can be a lethal combo.

If the prev mentioned points were not compelling, this one alone in itself is a strong reason to avoid Nexus S.

Spacescreamer said:
If anything goes wrong with Any component of the phone, the whole phone wd be sent for repairs.

We all know those few scoundrel mobile repair guys and facebook can be a lethal combo.

If the prev mentioned points were not compelling, this one alone in itself is a strong reason to avoid Nexus S.
I'm not well versed with the mobile phone scene, so I'd appreciate it if you could elaborate on what you just said. When you said "we all know...", the fact is I don't :p

I'm in the market for a decent android myself... Nexus S has been on the top of the list along side Desire S (who knows how long we have to wait for that), Incredible S (no bootloader is basically a deal breaker) and the Desire HD or maybe even the original Desire. Seems like my options now are DHD and Nexus S.

How are you liking the locked bootloader..... no rooting/flashing possible.

But I guess such things dont bother most people.

Please tell us about the cam. quality

How much did u pay for it?

Congrats on your purchase!

HTC Incredible S has been rooted (soft root access has been achieved)

and tbh, i dont think HTC will stay put on the locked bootloader policy. Either its a gimmick or testing the general interest.

Cam for the phone is pretty decent. Take a look at these screens:

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/htc_incredible_s_camera_sample_sg_2.jpg

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/htc_incredible_s_camera_sample_sg_5.jpg

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/htc_incredible_s_camera_sample_sg_7.jpg

Great am too going to get HTC Incredible S next week

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Upgrading from Samsung Wave S8500 :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Really I need a larger Screen :p

The price differs a lot and still the arc is not yet available bro and still we dono how it is performing.. Whats it Pros and Cons, we cant decide only on the Specs right??

catcherintherye said:
The only manufacturer with an unlocked bootloader ATm is SE who have stated in an official statement that they are doing the same. And the Arc is superior to the Incredible S in every way.

samsung is a better bet than HTC...all HTC phones are over priced..and their sense ui is nothing to boast about...it is a good to have not a must have..considering the price differential...i suggest that we you go for samsung!!

Back