HTC Touch or Funky's Dopod 818 Pro ??

^ @ Rahul - Yeah, you retain your same SIM/Number, but change your plan :)

Satan said:
^ Thinkin of leaving the P990i behind and rolling with the times eh Anish? :p
Heheh, nope, its the iPhone for me, in a while though, probably Early 2k8 :D

Just checked with AirTel. No... You don't need to get a new connection with them if you already have one and he also informed me that it is not mandatory for you to get a Data Service to buy this phone.

Terms & Conditions

The handset is SIM locked to Airtel network and no other SIM will work for two years after activation. After two years the handset can be unlocked, free of charge. After unlocking, the handset can be used with any SIM card (Airtel or other operators). For more information call 121 from your mobile. Terms and conditions apply.

Source: Airtel

Satan said:
In the past HTC products had been plauged with several problems like paint cracks, loose battery panels, plasticky squeaking bodies etc... basically really cheap exteriors. HTC has gotten better with external body quality over the years. The Touch has really good build quality and seems to be very durable.

Oh and it has a very firm locking mechanism for the battery and the battery doesn't seem to be in any danger of popping out once the cover has been opened... so you can strike of any fears about the device turning off when the cover is unlocked.

That's good news !! :)
But i wasn't worried abt the battery popping out..
The Jam was designed to switch Off on back panel removal.. was wondering if this device is on the same line ?? :S

Also.. has any of u guys seen the Green colored Touch or just the black one ??
The green one looks super cool !!

Chk em out...

Attachments

• htctouch-lg.jpg
    htctouch-lg.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 75
  • htctouch-lg2.jpg
    htctouch-lg2.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 80
[OT] What kind of applications that would work with a WM device. We already have loads of software available for Symbian devices .. so hows the situation for WM [/OT]

Edit: Just visited a few websites to know more about HTC Touch. The phone looks good , especially the TouchFlo feature

Got the Touch few days back !!

Awesome phone !!

Unimaginably small for a full fledged WM PDA !! Couldn't believe my eyes when i opened the box and held it !! So small.. very very neat !!

Thanks all for ur suggestions !! Especially Satan !!

@Satan Btw.. whats your id on xda ?? Mine is the same !! :)

my friend was going to buy this phone today but the dealer (whom he buys from) said that he should wait for a while to see the response to this phone cause the phone has a pretty slow proc, so the phone might become slow. Anyways lets c.. cause of this he has now delayed his purchase by 2 weeks.

@ rajshah... Great!!! It's a good phone and it's a lot of fun hacking it. Enjoy ;)
BTW, what did you do about the unlocking> or are you just using an AirTel connection?

@ amityrock... with the right tweaks, you'd never know it's a 200 MHz processor under the hood.

@kau_therock... The Advantage is a fantastic phone... If the Kaiser hadn't come out, that would be my next phone. How much are they selling it for in India?

Satan said:
@ rajshah... Great!!! It's a good phone and it's a lot of fun hacking it. Enjoy ;)
BTW, what did you do about the unlocking> or are you just using an AirTel connection?
Paid 2.5k to get it unlocked.. using Hutch ! A lil expensive.. but had to !

@ amityrock... with the right tweaks, you'd never know it's a 200 MHz processor under the hood.
Right u are !! :)

Woh... that's crazy. It sells unlocked (sim-free) between 35k - 40k INR outside India.

For that kind of money, you'd be able to get a pre-production Shift.

I bought it a week back for 21k.. was unlocked only :S I've overclocked it to 286Mhz with BatteryStatus and flashed a new ROM to it for 25MB more storage space and 4 MB more RAM.. fckn awesome it is now :D :D

Dunno bout warranty and shit but gonna be damn careful with it.. cracked my O2 mini's screen :mad:

Back