Car & Bike Hyundai i20 Asta owners - Anything to look out for ?

Well I'm also looking at the i20 (if dad buys..), me too saw a blue i20 today, and I agree its too flashy. I would settle for Silver Gray or Dark Gray not white tho.

Desecrator said:
Get the anti-rust coating. The humid Mumbai climate warrants it. :p

The anti-rust coating on a new car is a waste. The car is factory treated for that. Though after a span of 3-4 years the anti-rust treatment may be needed again.

archat68 said:
The anti-rust coating on a new car is a waste. The car is factory treated for that. Though after a span of 3-4 years the anti-rust treatment may be needed again.

Ohh. But i might not want to take the risk as monsoon will be hitting us in a month.

Finally settled on SBI's finance scheme. Though average interest rates come to nearly 11%, they have a overdraft facility, where we can pay off the loan earlier in parts without any penalties, and we can withdraw that extra payment we made if required too without any downsides :). Plus the tenure is 7 years, so i am pretty sure in the end the interest we pay will be similar or lower than the 9.5% schemes from other banks.

Booking on Sunday (Akshaya trititya). As of now have decided on white.

Just waiting for the No Claim bonus certificate from our previous car to turn up. Delivery frame is around 2 weeks for the car.

I congratulate you on getting the most luxurious and safest hatch on Indian roads. Plush interiors, fuel efficient 1.2, all round discs+ABS+airbags make the i20 a great package. Enjoy!!

^Thanks. Just talked to my previous car insurance guy, i'll be getting a no-Claim bonus of around Rs 9000. So some more savings :D

Tomorrows the day.

PUNTO - A bit more expensive plus higher maintenance plus well, Fiat :p

Will be going for a pre-registration inspection.

Booked the car today :D Yippeee. My first car :) Have been promised delivery with the next 2 weeks.

i20 Asta 1.2L Petrol WHITE

Got free Accessories finally worth 8k. Put in Full-Leather Seat covers, mud-flaps and mats, Anti-Rust coating, and Sun-Film. Had to pay 2k extra for all these.

Kneo said:
Where did you book it? Which dealer is giving freebies worth 8K on the i20?? !!

Sharayu Hyundai, Navi Mumbai.

Actually they gave all the freebies instead of giving me more cash for my old car :p

But i believe 1.28L for a 7.5 Year Old Wagon R which had one Tyre in the grave :)P) was already generous.

Congo bongo... will wait patiently for the pics.
A small noob question. The i20 that is shown in the TV AD has blinkers on the side mirrors.. do those come in high end models only or in all the models... coz I kinda love them and if they don't come in lower end models then that wud break my dream :(

djmykey said:
Congo bongo... will wait patiently for the pics.
A small noob question. The i20 that is shown in the TV AD has blinkers on the side mirrors.. do those come in high end models only or in all the models... coz I kinda love them and if they don't come in lower end models then that wud break my dream :(

Mirror indicators are there from the i20 sportz variant onwards, it's a mid end variant and should come within 5.7 L on road without alloy wheels. ;)

arun687 said:
Mirror indicators are there from the i20 sportz variant onwards, it's a mid end variant and should come within 5.7 L on road without alloy wheels. ;)

5.85L On Road for i20 Sportz

6.05L On Road for i20 Sportz w/ Alloy

- EX-Navi Mumbai

:p

Congratulation Phoenix. Its a lovely car and white does look nice on it.
Maybe I will see you on palm beach.
Its because I find this car so hot that I have been tolerating the baboons at sharayu and hyundai in general when I enqired about the six speed diesel. sharayu says they have not heard about it and hyundai helpline said that i20 is available in auto or 4speed manual!!
Do you know the variants and prices for the 6 speed diesel and also- why did you not go for the diesel?

Back