Graphic Cards I bought the Gainward 6800 for 13.5k !

Anish

Skilled
I was firm that I am going to buy a 68xx series card, when I started looking for my PC config. But everything was above 20k and the 6800LE wasn't the best deal.

One morning I read on TT that Gainward are offering the plain 6800 not LE not NU for 14k. I was stunned. It rocked !

Immediately called Mediatech India on 022-26361111 and checked the price.

Rs.13,575 including taxes and shipping to Goa ! Wow !

Deposited the amount in their ICICI bank account and voilà, they have shipped it today !

Expecting it around the 22nd, it will be great !

I highly recommend Mediatech, they have done the job beautifully !

Though I will say that with confidence once I have played Doom 3 at max res !

congratulations :clap:

the amount of money you spent is slightly more than 300$ . thats nice deal but i would have got hold of X800XL card from the u.s which is available for 300$ :eek:hyeah:

have fun anyway :hap2:

nice deal, abd getitng a card from US means warranty hassles and then finding someone to bring the card along, all hassle.

nice deal man, and well, u cud also get the card tommorow or at max on Friday, that is if they had shipped it today ;)

update this thread with pics and s review if u will, wud be very helpfull..

Yup the 300$ + shipping card wud be kindda more expensive than this if evr there was ny prob wit the card....

this is a great deal nd now i thnk this will b the best budget card in a few tme....

13.5k is not budget card. And comparing it with US prices is fruitless as its gonna be cheaper in US. Infact not so long ago the diff between the US and Indian prices was huge twice to be perfect. The difference is coming down and maybe 5 years down the line it may be at par, depending on govt's mood.

is the card a pci-e card... i want one for my sli rig.. can i get it now here in mumbai..
and oh btw is the memory ddr3? i think it is just wanna confirm..
please reply sooon...

chic_magnet said:
is the card a pci-e card... i want one for my sli rig.. can i get it now here in mumbai..
and oh btw is the memory ddr3? i think it is just wanna confirm..
please reply sooon...
The card is Agp while there exist pci-e version but the availability in india might be a problem. And no the card sports normal ddr memory not gddr3 like the 6600Gt or 6800GT.

memories_dv said:
Hey anishcool, try out and let us know if you manage to unlock the 4 pipes and get a full 16 pipes!!

Yeah I will post screenshots too, but the card is only going to arrive by Friday, some payment hassels

I will try my best to OC it too, and then post scores ! :(

leadtech also has a decent offering as far as india and pcie is concerned. No where near this gainward deal, but for near 9k you get a 6600gt with d3, pop2, and sc2.

@Anish: btw, these guys you ordered from, are they the same ppl who gave the zalman 5.1 headphones for review either here on TE or TT? How much did they charge you for shipping alone?

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea about that, but I just bought the Zalman phones from my dealer and they are undescribable. If you ever have an extra 3k go for them blindly !

No idea how much they charged for shipping but the final package comes to 13.5k

Shipping from B'bay to Goa is about 300. They are sending by Pioneer courier and if anything goes wrong on the way, they will claim responsibility.

Great deal though the card has not been dispatched as my cheque from HDFC takes 4 days for processing. They shoud hopefully ship by Monday or Tuesday and I should hopefully be playing a CSS LAN party at 1024x768 (4x AA, 4x AF) on Friday !

Still a good deal nevertherless. The games are definitely worth something.

Ps 5 channel headphones are gimmicky. A quality 2 channel will crush them.

Whiplasher said:
Ps 5 channel headphones are gimmicky. A quality 2 channel will crush them.

Dude, no offence but I paid 3k for those phones and they rock ! I have tried a lot of phones including the Sennhiesers and the Bose Quitesound2 and even the Bang & Olufsen headphones which retails for 23k, and the Philips too for 1.5k and they suck !

While playing America's Army the other day I actually jumped when a bullet whizzed past me.

The Zalman 5.1 headphones are amazing and highly recommended. They are no gimmick.

Leadtek source is there in Pune.
I have met him
He can arrange for any Leadtek card you tell him.
If you place an order,he will get it imported, seemed a pretty decent guy to me.

Back