I cannot believe that I did not know about existence of this forum for last 23 years

dslisanoob

Recruit
Sigh. I registered on this forum the moment I came to know about it. I am a part of many other international forums, I never realized that there existed a forum for folks living in India who would understand my frustration when I tell them how crappy it is that some Indian ISPs block torrent seeding for whatever reason since they are under the assumption that torrenting == piracy :/
But either way, I am happy to be here y'all! Thank you for having me over!

A hearty welcome, but also which ISP is blocking torrenting? I'm using Airtel Xstream and seeding all my torrents 24/7, their basic router even supports port forwarding unlike Jio so speeds are 30-60% above what I'm paying for, so it is news to me that smaller ISPs are blocking torrenting when national level ISPs aren't

Welcome to TE. Which international forums are you part of btw?
Mostly forums like videohelp, makemkv etc. I am more of a lurker but when I saw a community full of smart indian folks, I KNEW that I want to register and donate and support the website as much as I can, LOL. If there are any more indian forums like these regardless of whether or not they allow sailing the seas, please do let me know, I'd join all of them for sure.

A hearty welcome, but also which ISP is blocking torrenting? I'm using Airtel Xstream and seeding all my torrents 24/7, their basic router even supports port forwarding unlike Jio so speeds are 30-60% above what I'm paying for, so it is news to me that smaller ISPs are blocking torrenting when national level ISPs aren't
i-On internet (aka DVois SSV?) in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai. I believe that they do that weird double NAT thing and so we don't get a static IP at all, and they have closed all their ports too I believe, which is why I am not able to "seed" any of my torrents but I am able to indeed luckily download them, which kind of sucks since it makes me a leecher, and I cannot support the community (I do have a seedbox though, yes, but it still sucks)

Welcome to TE and looking forward for your contribution. Have been with this forum for 14 Years now.

Same feeling... I know this forum through reddit. Can anyone help me to understand what to take care if i want to buy something...
Make sure the seller has multiple good feedbacks, and is active (there have been few instances of hacked accounts of sellers who were active 10 years ago - the profiles had many feedbacks but from that time only). If there is an active sale thread from the seller for the item you are buying, it would be fine. People here are alert enough to raise any flags when there is a suspicious deal.

Talk to
Same feeling... I know this forum through reddit. Can anyone help me to understand what to take care if i want to buy something...
Talk to any of the oldtimers. They usually are pretty helpful. A few of the active ones are @bssunilreddy @SunnyBoi @Fenix @rsaeon @ayaskant12 @mh09ad5578 @vivek.krishnan

Apart from them, there are others too. But these are most active and have been here right from the beginning..

I have been here for quite sometime too, but am mostly a lurker and a self confessed ignoramus!

I've been using Techenclave (and Erodov) for 10+ years. There also used to be the digit forum but that was pretty much a graveyard since the beginning.

absolutely, i just came to know about this and erodov, been member of teambhp and hifivision for quite long i still am trying to ascertain, what actually went wrong with erodov, it has a great number of users and following, any one shed light on it?

Back