I got scammed by a seller on TE

Good record? Well the seller showed his true colors here by showing his great gesture. Doesn't matter if he donated kidneys or brains, one wrong thing and how he behaves says about his greatness!
Unfortunately (or fortunately) he is right. Everyone farts rainbows when things are good, it's your behavior when things go south that counts (more). Just recalling, sometime back I thought I had some issue with a PSU I bought from a fellow FM, I messaged him (note that this was a week after we had already exchanged feedback) and he was concerned and tried to help in every way he can; it turned out it was just a small finicky feature with PSU and it was in fact working as expected. At no point during that time did I get the impression that he didn't give a shit.

Maybe we should have a recommended list of courier providers and/or a base guideline/standard on risk sharing and insurance so that both buyers and sellers have some semblance of safety.

Maybe we should have a recommended list of courier providers and/or a base guideline/standard on risk sharing and insurance so that both buyers and sellers have some semblance of safety.
Everyone's experience will be different with courier partners. What might have worked out for you over the years might be a nightmare for others. There's already a feedback section and it's been discussed plenty.

So my two cents, I had the opportunity to interact with the banned member and he bought a Mobo off me, and for all intent and purposes the deal was smooth. The bit about the two invoices is deeply concerning and shows the mal intent of the person listing the item for sale.

Now I will rant on shiprocket a bit-
For the people who are unaware:
-Yes shiprocket has insurance for items more than 5k, but the caveat is second hand items cannot be insured. So that goes out the window.
-I've had instances while shipping where for a small oversight in shipping address caused RTO's
-Sometimes tracking is not updated for days at a time which causes concern.
-I've had a deal go south for a proc which was lost, and the buyer received broken items. I had offered the buyer my full co operation but like the OP has mentioned, people are so busy with their lives that they seldom have time for this sort of stuff.

And its prudent to mention here that the seller(of the GPU) created pickup when he bought the Mobo.

Now for the important bit:
-Always share pics with buyer of item with dimensions of package, and its weight, Shiprocket uses this for charging shipping fees. So in this case, if the weight is not what was claimed it should be immediately clear.

I have a predicament to share here as usually this is a result of some sort of haggling, people wanting to buy stuff at rates and asking for shipped rates. I have some issues with this because packaging does cost something, and for me shiprocket offers convenience to compare different shipping rates across companies and I can share these with the prospective buyer so they can make up their mind for themselves as after the item has been shipped, there is little I can do as a seller, the proverbial ball is not in my court anymore. So to all the buyers, pls be reasonable with expectations regarding pricing, to the sellers, pls be aware of your own rights, and disclose all this information before closing a deal. I have advised people I've sold items to, to opt for insurance on high value items as it gives an additional cushion, which may or may not have a bearing just in case things do go south.

Not casting aspersions on anyone, most of my experiences on here have been good. But do keep some wiggle room for packaging costs, and for situations such as these. Take videos, pics and protect yourself. To the OP, what can I say that hasn't been said yet, I hope this is resolved favorably to your cause.

Sure, it would be inconvenience for me too. But I am expecting to recover any additional expenses I do here on after if I have to go this route + interest on my money for the period he kept it, along with some compensation for mental torture he has caused me.

I waited this long because he never once denied paying me back until today. And also, I wanted to give him chance to correct any wrongdoing.
Very curious to know what happened next. Did you get compensated?

Yup shiprocket does not offer insurance for second hand products,got to know this the hard way,doesn’t matter how credible the seller is,IMHO it’s always best to do a bit of research and try to choose the best option possible,just to avoid any hassle.

Back