I hate new Google Search Result layout!

Personally, I don't have any issues with the side bar. In fact, I think it's quite easy way to filter your search results.

There is always way to improve things if you want.... like following :

Increased font size, slightly increased spacing between elements, widened area for result listing, slightly widened sidebar and increased spacing.

All the above enhancements without sidebar.

I added some CSS code to make the page little more usable on big monitor with Stylish extension for FireFox. :)

May be we all will get adjusted. yes the older look was much cleaner. if it aint broke why mess with it. Anyway we dont have options for search engines.

At first I thought that my default search engine got changed....but then came to know that google itself got changed .. I do not like it :(

I think it will be OK after soe time, ever since Bing has surfaced Google is making very fast and drastic changes, I think they are worried for the first time in their life :)

Nice to see them aping the competition for a change.

Hmm.. cant help but notice that goog is getting weird'er all the time (not just the search).
Gtalk from gmail shows me always as online even when I am in invisible mode now. Buzz was injected into my mailbox without any intimation etc.

Seeing this I can help but feel that maybe goog's run as a premier tech corporation has ended. Usually this happens when management (read nuts who don't know a thing about tech) start interfering more in a tech firms decision than the actual developers.
If that's the case here then guess its time web users started searching for other options for their online activities.

I’m not at all impressed with the new design. :| There are many useless options tbh.

Anyways if you want to use the old layout of Google then set your home page as http://www.google.co.in/webhp?hl=all

Offtopic, but as Bing is a search engine too so its worth mentioning:-

See the Search term and the Result :D

cobra.JPG

^^ He he, there is something wrong with your history data of searches in Bing, look I also searched for the term cobra and I got this.

cobrasearchbing.jpg

I think you have searched for Priyanka too many times and Bing remembers it ;)

Back