I hate Yrf, dharma productions

So no one bothers if these movies depict normal Indian life as a NRI life? I hope you are able to see thru my pov.

Sheru these movies are for the "NRI life", you are not their targeted audience, rather you are a supplementary audience :) Go watch the Twilight series, and you may forgive YRF...

i have been in support for a long time..
BlueRay Rips FTW!!! :p

The best part is that these stupid movies dont exist in BlueRay :D :p

Aces170 said:
Sheru these movies are for the "NRI life", you are not their targeted audience, rather you are a supplementary audience :) Go watch the Twilight series, and you may forgive YRF...
this is quite true, most of their movies are actually made for overseas indians..

List of highest-grossing Bollywood films in overseas markets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - barring few movies, every other movie is made by them..

but once in a while they come out with good movies like rocket singh, wake up sid..

about watching in theaters, i haven't seen any Hindi or regional language movie in theater for a long time now.. so i support..

i don't even watch English movies in theaters unless they include CGI or good visuals!!

salluks said:
this is quite true, most of their movies are actually made for overseas indians..
List of highest-grossing Bollywood films in overseas markets - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - barring few movies, every other movie is made by them..

but once in a while they come out with good movies like rocket singh, wake up sid..
about watching in theaters, i haven't seen any Hindi or regional language movie in theater for a long time now.. so i support..

i don't even watch English movies in theaters unless they include CGI or good visuals!!
Me second that. The last Hindi movie i had seen in theatre was ........... ............. ........ I do not remember. :-D
The last english movie i saw was inception.
Call it the exposure of us (internet literate) population to foreign content and then the further bankrupcy of content.
The big banners going public also had made them release them more movies just to reflect there balance sheet. Declaring mediocre films as super Hit.(i hate luv stories) so that they continue to have the backing of the investors and thus ensuring them of enough capital to make another movie featuring UDAY CHOPRA :-S:mad: in the lead.

Aces170 said:
+1

i hate bollywood movie and this is one of the reason .

Personally I don't like watching Hindi Movies at all and whats even worse than Hindi Movies are movies in my own native tongue Telugu. These movies ceased to have any real substance nor hold any entertainment value for me. That said, I think its very hypocritical to boycott a director/producer because he chooses to portray Indian's living abroad as theme in all his movies. All around us, we see Indians seeking to live abroad as if its the most important milestone in their lives. A lot of People in IT see it as a much more important than promotions or any form of recognition. There are indeed many Indians who live in foreign countries around the world and a lot of them never want to return because they like their way of life there. Being discriminated against and facing injustice in a foreign country is still much better than going though same conditions in their own country. It has also become a way of life for Indians. So what's so wrong in a director depicting this NRI way of life in his movies. Is it hard to accept this truth when its depicted in a movie?

Lord Nemesis said:
These movies ceased to have any real substance nor hold any entertainment value for me. That said, I think its very hypocritical to boycott a director/producer because he chooses to portray Indian's living abroad as theme in all his movies. All around us, we see Indians seeking to live abroad as if its the most important milestone in their lives. A lot of People in IT see it as a much more important than promotions or any form of recognition. There are indeed many Indians who live in foreign countries around the world and a lot of them never want to return because they like their way of life there. Being discriminated against and facing injustice in a foreign country is still much better than going though same conditions in their own country. It has also become a way of life for Indians. So what's so wrong in a director depicting this NRI way of life in his movies. Is it hard to accept this truth when its depicted in a movie?
Very True.my Relatives realized that my Di is In a good job Once she went to Texas.whatever happens Outside india,they are fond Of It...

Movies are Supposed to be Mirrors Of Our Society.I don't realize How can Directors (read Sajid "MahaN00B" Khan types)Show rich guys and girls having fun when a large part of Indian youth is Unemployed (including yours truly),have Money problems and plenty Others more Important than dancing in a Swanky Night club or Wooing bikini-Clad damsel(s) in Distress
and Still end Up making Sh*tty-as*Sh*t movies.

Although there are a few gems - Aamir,A Wednesday,Johny Gaddar,Ek haseena thi,Black friday,Dev D,Barah Aana,Omkara,& Of course (tarantino alert) Kaminey

Personally 3 Idiots Looked 6.5/10 to Me

I don't watch a lot of Hindi movies. Most of them are trash. But there are a few which are good.

I love watching Big B movies though. He's a superb actor.

The last good hindi movie that was pretty good was Kaminey and 3 Idiots.

I usually watch Hollywood movies.

Also i don't understand their obsession to involve heroines in movies.

Now consider a movie like The Departed. There were no Female lead in that.

I bet if that movie were to be remade in Hindi, then they would have some heroines involved in it.

P.S. You guys forgot Bheja Fry

When I was watching 3 idiots, I was thoroughly engrossed and loved it.

But, when I thought about it later.. it was full of clichés and featured age old situations. I must give it to the director to keep up the fast pace though. But I would simply give it 6/10 now.. max..

PS: I hated "All izz well" the first time and hate it now too. Doesn't have the same ring to it as Jadoo ki jhappi... he will have to come up with a better phrase for the next movie.

SharekhaN said:
@ lordnem.

Media is very influential. Don't you feel such movies promote the feel that life outside India is always desirable.
Media is influential, that is true, but how people react to it changes from person to person. If some people get the feeling that life outside our country is good, maybe that is because there is some truth to it. We cannot claim to be a flawless country and In fact pretty much far from it. Other countries have their flaws, but it doesn't change the fact that there are several aspects where they have a better way of life than in India. Censoring the truth has its has its pro's and con's, but why even resort to such a measure. If people know that some other country has a better way of life in certain aspects, maybe they will desire the same in our country and may strive for it. Living like frogs in a well isn't going to help much.

Good point. I feel however that there is some social responsibility here for them not to alienate the people here. I feel strongly about it however its proven that most others don't, going by their box office collection.

Back