I hate Yrf, dharma productions

GuruGulabKhatri said:
Very True.my Relatives realized that my Di is In a good job Once she went to Texas.whatever happens Outside india,they are fond Of It...

Movies are Supposed to be Mirrors Of Our Society.I don't realize How can Directors (read Sajid "MahaN00B" Khan types)Show rich guys and girls having fun when a large part of Indian youth is Unemployed (including yours truly),have Money problems and plenty Others more Important than dancing in a Swanky Night club or Wooing bikini-Clad damsel(s) in Distress

and Still end Up making Sh*tty-as*Sh*t movies.

Although there are a few gems - Aamir,A Wednesday,Johny Gaddar,Ek haseena thi,Black friday,Dev D,Barah Aana,Omkara,& Of course (tarantino alert) Kaminey

Personally 3 Idiots Looked 6.5/10 to Me
Its just a form of entertainment. Are all the Hollywood churn outs mirrors or analogous to society...? Trying to curb what a director shows on screen, is like telling a painter what to paint and what not too...! Personally even I abhor Hindi movies of the current era, but for reasons have to go undergo the torture.

asingh said:
Its just a form of entertainment. Are all the Hollywood churn outs mirrors or analogous to society...? .

but the percentage is much more than hindi movies wont u agree?

Another thing is the way they refrain from anything techy and detailed

The reason why YRF/KJ show mostly foreign based/NRI stuff is that if they showed such kind of stuff happening in India, they would be condemned.

For example, they cant show Saif and Preity Zinta living together and making out in a transparent tent in India :lol:.

Same with Sajid Khan,if they show club owners raping their customers in India (as is shown in that Hey Baby movie, what a pathetic movie), it

might raise some controversy so they want to avoid it but at the same time show as much vulgarity (Sajid Khan especially) to attract the young

India crowd.

PS: I had to watch "Hum Saath Saath Hain" on 2 consecutive days and I needed 5 pills for headache.

While I agree that it makes business sense to set these movies in 'NRI' land, there are much bigger socio-cultural issues at work here. The life represented in these movies symbolises the 'Indian dream'. Often you're standing in society is dependant on whether your children/siblings etc are living abroad. Bonus points if you yourself studied/worked in a foreign country.

Also, the NRI setting isn't the biggest problem these movies have. Nearly every film produced under these banners is just recycled formulaic drivel. Does it really make a difference if this drivel is set in India or abroad? Escapism to the fantasy 'Indian dream' world will always be escapism, regardless of the setting. As long as the audience gets that, these people will continue making movies in this setting.

Edit: I blame my generation and the generation before mine for this phenomenon. We made DDLJ a big hit. We are to blame. Now, I always catch heat for calling DDLJ a bad movie, but it is objectively a bad movie. Just take of you’re rose tinted glasses.

forget the movies man,
what about the so called IIM and IIT grads who run abroad as soon at the first oppurtunity, they are supposed to be the cream of the crop of indian education eh??

and about yrf films, i dont know who even connects to them?
they never show average or middle class people, all the actors in their movies are super rich...and ofcourse white girls dancing in the backgroud of every other song..

I hate Akshay Kumar ! :mad:

Also when will Bollywood's Punjabi obsession end ? Bansali portrayed Gujarat beautifully in 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam', But YR/Dharma Punjabi/NRI based movies are crap, far from reality as can be.

Indeed, good percent of Hindi movies are not theater worthy.
Reading this forum, I am reminded of a comment from my friend:

Man, we all know we are viewing worthless junk. Don't take it in mind, just skim over. We all know when we see 20-20 cricket, what we are doing - its not sports, its business. We are allowing ourselves to be fooled so that we can kill time, create callous intellect discussions about 'records' etc., and so and so....

People are not left with other options to spend time. They don't want to interact socially - considering expenses involved, insecurities and lot of other issues current day 'both parents must work to sustain' culture of nuclear families. They know when they watch a current day TV soap where actress expressing so called 'poor family maa' wears well ironed sari in fabulous colours, glossy lipstick, full makeup, sacred expressions, that the characters don't relate with common man or reality.

People are not left with other options to pass time enjoying life, co-operating with others. So they kill time watching how actors act up to these characters.

I ****ing hate Sajid Khan. But the fact is their movies sell enough to make new ones. Housefull broke some records and was a superhit by all means. I think they are finding their target Indian audience, which has always been the aam janta who just want escapist movies with their stars dancing in Switzerland and living in houses that are big enough to be 5 star hotels and cheese storylines, they couldn't be bothered by more intelligent/original movies because while they will acknowledge they are superior movies, they get more entertainment value of the Sajid Khan/KJ/YRF films. And I kind of understand their mentality, I mean if you're working like a dog 12hrs everyday to earn 5$ a week, I would want to see a movie like Houseful too instead of something like Udaan or Dev D.

Yup thats a point ... so far most of the dumb a** shit movies have grossed way more than the good ones ... i just cant believe houseful broke some records and movies likve Dev D , Udaan , Dil Dosti etc , Johnny Gaddar , Aamir didnt gross as much as they should have

I have stopped watching hindi movies altogether with the melodramatic crap that SRK, KJ & YRF make . Just like to catch an old flick or two because they make more sense.

"I hate YRF, Dharma productions"

Add to the list other Indian production house as well (including the regional ones). Most Indian movies are shit. Good movies are very rare to come. Even Hollywood has now starting to churn out bullshit movies -Clash of Titans, A team ...FTW.

sugat123 said:
"I hate YRF, Dharma productions"

Add to the list other Indian production house as well (including the regional ones). Most Indian movies are shit. Good movies are very rare to come. Even Hollywood has now starting to churn out bullshit movies -Clash of Titans, A team ...FTW.
OT: Clash of the titans sucked bigtime, but A Team wasn't that bad. Pretty entertaining!

GuruGulabKhatri said:
All i am waiting for is Udaan to release and Agent Vinod by Shriram "ek haseena thi/johny gaddar" raghavan
LOL Udaan has released long back. Awesome as expected from Anurag Kashyap. Go watch it! ;)

Back