I know this is not to be discussed on TE

Muslims are no different mate. Religion is not as big a deal in india as it is in the west. It's is the west that has been propagating anti-muslim stuff for a while now. We being the servile, puny third-worlders that we are, have come to identify with the westerners and are begginging to see things from their viewpoint, even if it does'nt affect us as such.

Abuse Islam and its considered freedom of speech, abuse the jews and its called anti-semitism. You'll understand what I mean if you watch CNN long enough. LOL.

let me start by saying i am F*** glad there are 150Million+ muslims in this country to defend my meat eating habits :eek:hyeah:

There is another aspect about muslims in India, the only place in the world to have as many muslims and still they are a minority. When you look at muslims in India they are not very different to the others, maybe their dress styles are diff but otherwise, its really hard to make them out. As compared to the west where they are usually non-white. So in the west, if you are not white, you get racisim, but in india we can't use race so we have to use religon to knock them or this beard thing. Dunno i have lived in many countries but everywhere, its the ones that are different that get some stick.

What is it about the human temperament that wants to persecute those that are not in the majority ? or have different beliefs.

You would think this country that has created the most religons ever would maybe be more wise.

Muslims in India is quite different to elsewhere, instead of being mere immigrants, they actually ruled this country for some time.

Muslims here are probably the best integrated than anywhere else. From personal experience they also seem a damn sight more open minded than ones i have encountered in Arab countries.

Switch said:
You dont need to ask these questions to educated people cause you will not get the answer/person you are looking for

101% agreed. All of us are educated to understand such issues , its only those people who are poor and uneducated who are easily carried out by our great politicians

guys i think religion and differencies is something humans have created.....everyone believes dat thr is only one supreme god ....and thr can be only one supreme....we all are one....god did not send us to praise him or fight on him....our purpose in life is greater than wat we think....he has gifted us wit a dream...coz everyone has a dream and no one knows how we got dat dream.......we need to live dat dream atleast chase it...be passionate about dat dream....but we all are stuck in differencies ....HUman HUh ?.....

Blr_P said:
let me start by saying i am F*** glad there are 150Million+ muslims in this country to defend my meat eating habits

Thts not a very good excuse to defend ur 'meat eating' habits..:| :no: ^o

Believe me or not, i know a muslim family, who are close friends..they are vegetarian...they do not eat non-veg at all..i was stunned when the revelation came..my respect for their family has become two fold after that...

Ppl may try to give me a thousand explanations, but i do not respect those who kill or support killing of innocent animals just for the sake of taste...thts pathetic..:no: :|

Well, this depends on culture right.

Were you brought up in a vegetarian household ? if so then its natural for you to say that. I can accept the religous reasons here as well.

I wasn't brought up in a veg household. So i got used to the taste early and *damn* do i enjoy it and am not ashamed in the slightest to admit it. If only the steaks here were as good as they are in the west.

If you chose to go veg for health reasons, i'd accept that as well..

but what makes me laugh is the innocent animal thing.. i think u must be winding me up here

puh-lease...

Watch any nature program, watch the carnivores feed on the herbivores. it happens in the oceans as well. No we are not animals, but

Meat is Meat and Men must eat :p

Blr_p said:
Were you brought up in a vegetarian household ? if so then its natural for you to say that. I can accept the religous reasons here as well.

I was not brought up in a vegetarian household...i belong to a bengali family..so u can understand...fish, meat are the staple food of any bengali family..when i was a kid, mom used to force me to eat fish n meat... but by the time i reached adolescence n i cud differentiate between right and wrong, i realised what was being forced on me was not right... i made it a point to resist it from tht point on, as adamantly as i cud... finally, it paid off..n i am proud to say this tht i was able to make mom n dad get rid of this eating habit too...:D I can say it with pride now tht my family is completely vegetarian now.. N bro, i didnt do it for religion's sake...fcuk religion...:p Nor did i do it for health's sake...i was once witness to a butcher slaughtering a goat..the pain and the agony it had to go thru before its death is still fresh in my memories...

Then I realised, what a cardinal sin it was to kill an animal and make it suffer such a violent death for the sake of one's tastes...tht seems so sick...

Have u ever seen a butcher kill a goat or a chicken..??try it..you'll understand what i am saying....:no:

As for the carnivores-herbivores angle...dude, we are not carnivores..we are omnivores..we can survive on both...n need is say, even without eating meat.... if we were carnivores, we shud start living in the jungles once again...then we'll have no right to be known as civilized human beings...human beings have been gifted by a very divine power..something we call, conscience...Tht conscience makes all the difference between good and evil, something which makes us think before we act...it makes all the difference between humans and the animal race...if it were not there, what is there to differentiate between us and the wild animals out there?? Wild predators survive on smaller animals because tht is the only way they survive..if they dont eat them, they'll die..but is it the same case with us?? Will we die if we do not eat meat?? Think about ti dude...or better check out a butcher slaughtering an animal and then do some soul searching..;)

1. I dont label anyone with beard as muslim, but yes, unfortunately I do identify people with beard but without a moustache as muslims...does looks funny IMO.

2. Yes. When I see/meet a muslim I do get "pakistan" in my subconscious mind, but then I retrace my steps and judge him by his nature...Oh yes, I do have muslim friends..Als being pakistani aint bad is it...

I have seen a section of Indian muslims sporting pakistan flags on India/pak matches and its disgusting... cant stand that...

Iam tolerant, but I cant stand some things...

@ private Ryan

Iam non-veg and I do get these moral thoughts once in a while and I try to hide behind the fact that I dont kill them...which is why I hardly ever order a "live" bird.

But if you are that tolerant then I suggest

1. Stop using perfumes, soaps which are tested on animals.

2. Stop taking medicines.

3 Stop using leather

4. Stop using wood as that kills a living thing remember

5. Heck stop eating vegetables/fruits too...why not...

1. I dont label all men with beard as muslims but ya some ppl have beard in a fashion that i get the feeling that he might be muslim... i dont think anything is wrong with that...

2.Actually living out of india when i see a muslim yes i feel he is from pakistan lot of times i am correct but i dont hate pakistan...

But the ppl here are sooo fking scared of muslims... actually here u cant have a mosque but a temple can be built... out of curiosity i asked my collegues y they have a notion like that... everyone replied that most of the terror filled violant countries in the world are muslim majority countries... well cant argue with that :)

Private Ryan said:
or better check out a butcher slaughtering an animal and then do some soul searching..;)

Actually be it an animal or a plant u are killing it.... torture it goes thru and stuff is not relevant... If u cant eat meat after looking at the butcher kill the animal means u are weak hearted may be... thts not a valid reason... its like soldiers proudly saying that they stopped killing ppl and made others stop cause they saw an enemy die in pain in front of thier eyes...

I have a question actually if animals are killed in sleep without pain then will u be willing to eat meat????

I can accept your points on the humane killing of animals, not of course to suggest that killing is humane at all. Veal was a hot button topic when i was in the uk, because of the cruelty associated with it. Many meat eaters refused to eat veal because of that. Ever since coming to India, my meat eating has dropped to 20% of what it was mainly because of quality & price of the meat here.

I'm of the opinion that when you kill, it must be unexpected and decisive, no suffering. The sign of a good hunter is one that stalks his prey and kills it without making it suffer, an accurate shot or a blow to a vital organ that ends its life immediately. Not the weekend warrior with his BFG firing a million shots to maim, injure and then claim a kill, pathetic in comparison. At least afford the poor animal some dignity in death.

The same goes for butchers, I think the butchers you saw were not doing their job properly. Sure its a hell of a turnoff, but realise that is not how its done elsewhere. I refuse to believe their religon prohibits them from slaughtering in a manner i described above.

I have this wierd logic, about zoos, i cant stand to see animals behind bars i like to see them free in the wild, the way they are supposed to be. This is a growing sentiment in many areas, so you read about zoos going bankrupt in many places. A wild life sanctuary is what i would prefer or better still watch Planet earth with Sir David Attenborough as narrator.

I witnessed a bull fight when i was young and at the end was in tears to see a bull being killed in a fair fight. That wasn't slaughter, its considered a fair competition in cultures that practice it. I would have much preferred an old school roman style gladiator fight instead.

To the ppl getting pissed off at muslims supporting the Pak team :
- if you are a betting person, is it preferable instead put your money on Australia but still vocally support the Indian Team. That's hypocrisy in my book.

Given the way India performed in the last world cup can you *really* blame anyone for not supporting India. Signs from indian spectators at the west indies grounds telling the hosts they can keep the Indian team.

I heard this same nationalistic argument when i lived in France, same shit about the North African's there supporting the oppostion *instead* of their own country like good French citizens. Conversely the brits had no problems with British Asians supporting pak, sri lanka, bangladesh or india cricket teams even tho they were british.

Is the life of the country at stake here ? is there a war going on ? is it a matter of life or death ?

Mancunian Liverpool supporters are *not* considered traitors if they don't support Man United.

Its only a game. lighten up will ya.

Imagine said:
If u cant eat meat after looking at the butcher kill the animal means u are weak hearted may be...
To your first point, i'll say tht if u consider yourself strong at heart after watching an animal slaughtered in front of ur eyes and do nothing about it, then yes, i am weak hearted.. n i'll even say tht i take pride in it..because i see my humane side in being what you call 'weak hearted'... My conscience doesnt allow me to see something so ghastly and do nothing about it.. as for the soldiers who kill their enemy counterparts, dude, you can never say what they have to go thru if you do not put urself in their shoes...we all talk like some hardened nuts just because we watched some real hard hitting war movies and boast about it tht we were not perturbed by the visceral scenes...brother..watching it on screen and seeing it in real are two different things.. go and ask a guy who has felt the bullet go past his hairs or missed him by an whisker..what it was like to be so near to death.. or how he felt when he shot a guy point blank just because he was ordered to..
We all talk like 'yeah..so what' because we've probably never been in tht position...when you face something as brutal or as cruel as war in real life, you understand the grimness of it all...

I have a question actually if animals are killed in sleep without pain then will u be willing to eat meat????
Who says they do not feel the pain when asleep or when tranquilized?? Have we gone inside their body to feel tht they are not in pain?? I think tht shud answer if i wud still be willing to eat meat..;)

vij said:
But if you are that tolerant then I suggest

1. Stop using perfumes, soaps which are tested on animals.

2. Stop taking medicines.

3 Stop using leather

4. Stop using wood as that kills a living thing remember

5. Heck stop eating vegetables/fruits too...why not...

People who are non vegetarian always come up with this explanation..i'd better call it a lame excuse..u need to understand the actual nature of the system,buddy..

in my last post i had said tht carnivores eat smaller animals because if they dont, they'll die..simply because they do not have an option...similarly human beings can live without eating meat but they wont survive if they give up on vegetable as well...its like saying stop drinking water because it has got a lot of living organisms in it..:lol:

When it comes down to survival, it may be justified..afterall an eskimo living in the arctic region will not get any vegetation..so to survive he may have to survive on animals...then the same logic applies to him, which applies to a carnivorous wild animal...but when we are living in a tropical country and we have ample vegetation to live on, why still kill animals just for the sake of taste..?? I hope u get the point...;)

Finally, i already said tht i have always tried to avoid animal products as far as possible...n do what is humanly possible for me to do..i recently convinced my society head to stop cutting a tree near our building just because it was interfering with a electric cable..i got some support from others and we were able to save the tree..also i make it a point to plant a tree in my area every month...well, like i said, nobody's expecting u to stage a war against the whole world..atleast you can do something within ur reach to make the world a better place rather than give explanations to people to relish in the flavour of maimed innocent animal...

You see..we all can make a difference in our own way and then the cumulative effect will be much more than a single person's efforts..

When the demand stops..the supplies will stop too...;)

^^ firstly i meant there are bigger in life than feeling emotional about a animal being killed... u know wat i cant eat meat the day i see such a scene at the sluaghter house but from the next day i carry thats wat life is... In the soldier case i didnt understand wat u are trying say... my point was yes even the soldier wont be perfectly normal while killing a human being in the beginning but he has to realise that there are bigger things in life compared to that and carry on...

and in the animal feeling the pain case... u think plants dont feel the pain??? jus cause animals have the simalar body parts and blood u FEEL bad or pity... plants have a diff internal structure so u think they dont have pain...

u know wat when someone kills a plant no one even feels a thing but when someone kills a animal u feel pity cause its more like us than plants and when u kill a human then u feel the worst... basing ur decisions on feeling is not good... imagine wat will happen if all animals base thier existence on this and stop killing other animals...

So there is nothing wrong in eating meat and absolutely nothing to take pride when u cant....

I have a really morbid viewpoint on the matter. I think people should eat meat only if they hunt it down like any predator does. No weapons either. You have to maul it with your hands and choke it's life away with your mouth clutching it's neck and rip it apart with your teeth. No fire, no cooking, no nothing. Eat it raw!!!

I'm serious about the first two lines anyway.

privateryan you cursed beast you kill so many plants...dont u hv conscience:tongue:

@imagine
Thanks for clarifying.

Imagine said:
and in the animal feeling the pain case... u think plants dont feel the pain??? jus cause animals have the simalar body parts and blood u FEEL bad or pity... plants have a diff internal structure so u think they dont have pain...

u know wat when someone kills a plant no one even feels a thing but when someone kills a animal u feel pity cause its more like us than plants and when u kill a human then u feel the worst... basing ur decisions on feeling is not good... imagine wat will happen if all animals base thier existence on this and stop killing other animals...

Please read this clarification again..

in my last post i had said tht carnivores eat smaller animals because if they dont, they'll die..simply because they do not have an option...similarly human beings can live without eating meat but they wont survive if they give up on vegetable as well...its like saying stop drinking water because it has got a lot of living organisms in it..

When it comes down to survival, it may be justified..afterall an eskimo living in the arctic region will not get any vegetation..so to survive he may have to survive on animals...then the same logic applies to him, which applies to a carnivorous wild animal...but when we are living in a tropical country and we have ample vegetation to live on, why still kill animals just for the sake of taste..??

The point i am trying to make is, when it comes down to survival, it may be justified...we can survive without feeding on animals..but we wont be able to survive if even the vegetation is taken away from us.. its just not right to kill for the sake of taste...:no:

CK_Nish said:
I have a really morbid viewpoint on the matter. I think people should eat meat only if they hunt it down like any predator does. No weapons either. You have to maul it with your hands and choke it's life away with your mouth clutching it's neck and rip it apart with your teeth. No fire, no cooking, no nothing. Eat it raw!!!

Well, if its some kinda joke then buddy..i didnt find it funny..wud be better to call it kiddish... n if u are serious, u need professional help...:| Or better be sent back to palaeolithic age...:|

I can't blame you Ryan. It takes tremendous comprehensive skills to be able to see the brilliance in my posts. The point is that nature isn't all that pretty but it at least gives everyone a fair chance(Prey as well). Not something the prey have if they are cooped up in cages only to be slaughtered for our sustenance.

Back