Car & Bike I want to buy a tall, spacious car. Suggestions?

This is a great question.

I just want to not compromise on the way it feels. I do want the following for sure:-

1. Performant engine
  2. Infotainment system with android auto capability (preferably wireless)
  3. Good parking system, preferably a 360 parking camera
  4. Best airbags/safety
  5. And a slew of usual things that come with top-end variants of cars like alloy wheels, maybe better plastics, maybe sunroof etc.
Actually, in responding to this, I realize that perhaps I need to be come through the variants in greater detail to pick the right variant instead of going for the most premium variant. So thanks. But I do want to get the basics at least, like alloy wheels, proper infotainment system, airbags etc.

1.Engine performance is not VARIANT based in MOST cases.you might be able to get same engine in base and mid variants as top variant.(Talking about Manual transmission here)
2.This feature is variant based.But after market infotainment systems are also available.You can always upograde.
3.This feature is only available in highest variant in most cars.
4.I have read somewhere that all cars manufactured after 1st oct 2022 will have 6 airbags. (NOT SURE IF IT IS A FACT but worth looking into).\
5.i will only comment about alloy wheels, they are also available as aftermarket upgrades.

I think instead of getting a TOP VARIANT of a car, you should consider a MID VARIANT of a next level car and get the desired PREMIUM features as future aftermarket upgrades.
for example:- Like if you are getting a VENUE top variant, you might want to consider CRETA MID VARIANT.(it will have better space, better engine and many USABLE PREMIUM features).

I would avoid XUV300 for now as it is due for upgrade very soon.
Venue has been upgraded.(you didn't like the previous version , you might like the new one, get a test drive of the new one.)

Maruti is not on you list BUT STILL you should consider:-
Breeza is also upgraded.(4 star safety)
Baleno is also upgraded.(claiming 4+ star safety rating)
both are spacious.

Test drive isn't going to shed any light on the mileage. I have heard that it offers somewhere between 13 and 15 in city.

A lot of videos of Magnite owners on Youtube say that it's mileage is quite good. 14 to 15 in City, and then there was one who said he wasn't happy and he quoted 13. So I'm not sure how to actually verify this pre-purchase.

But one thing that I do see everywhere is that every magnite owner that I've come across online is extremely satisfied with it.
Of course test drive can't shed light on mileage..
But you ll get the feel of ride quality, touch and feel of the cabin and how responsive the engine is... Tbh for me the engine response, drive comfort and mileage are the most factors..

Whatever you decide all the best for that.
And nice to know that magnite is a satisfying to most acc to your research.. Great

@Digigear

My friend is working in a nissan showroom in chennai.
If you need any information, let me know.
Thanks for the offer! :)

Later today I'm visiting the Lakshmi Nissan at Vavin Junction.

As for what I want to know:-
  1. I do have concerns about the Mileage and ride quality. People say that the suspension is too soft and it throws you around on bad roads.
  2. Also what's the waiting period for the top end Petrol Manual dual-tone variant?

My friend recently switched from vavin junction branch to velachery branch.
He is currently the sales manager of the nissan showroom in velacherry branch.
if you need any assistance in vavin junction branch or velachery branch. You can contact him.

Both Nissan and Tata showrooms are managed/owned by a same group. He knows employees in both tata and nissan.

My friend recently switched from vavin junction branch to velachery branch.
He is currently the sales manager of the nissan showroom in velacherry branch.
if you need any assistance in vavin junction branch or velachery branch. You can contact him.

Both Nissan and Tata showrooms are managed/owned by a same group. He knows employees in both tata and nissan.
I booked Tata Nexon ZX+ HS variant. I tried out Kia Sonet and Magnite and didn't like either of them. Nexon was perfect fit for what we were looking for. Waiting period is 71 days.

Thanks for your offer to help though :)

I booked Tata Nexon ZX+ HS variant. I tried out Kia Sonet and Magnite and didn't like either of them. Nexon was perfect fit for what we were looking for. Waiting period is 71 days.

Thanks for your offer to help though :)
If you don't mind disclosing the cost breakup, i would like to know.

the base variant is 9,99,999 in TN without music system( ins, road tax, regn charges come to 1.5) . you can music system later from sokda at 30k. go to show room and check it out
I am sure you would have heard or read about the horror stories of Skoda owners. Its still there even with current gen of skoda. Go for Tata Nexon, I have not driven it or sat in one but the reviews are good on TeamBHP plus it has a good build. Do not go for Nissan, you never know when they will pack their bags and leave. You buy the car once but it is the after sales support which you will be using the most. XUV300 is also a good mini SUV.

If you don't mind disclosing the cost breakup, i would like to know.
1655141440619.png

I haven't figured out the cost of the accessories yet, but those are some things I want to get. I might add more. But the basic costs are listed.

Maybe open your eyes while you get in and out? [emoji14]

On a more serious note, what car are you used to and what are you comparing it against?
I am using swift dzire. I do have to lower myself a bit to get in, cos its an sedan.
In out of nexon , an suv, compared skoda kushaq, wv taigun, hyundai creta is tad difficult.

I am using swift dzire. I do have to lower myself a bit to get in, cos its an sedan.
In out of nexon , an suv, compared skoda kushaq, wv taigun, hyundai creta is tad difficult.
Creta is def going to be bigger because it's on the next segment. I haven't tried the other cars. I only tried it against Kia Sonet and Nissan Magnite and Nexon was better than both in terms of build quality and spaciousness. I honestly can't even take the Sonet seriously in terms of interior space. From the outside it looks big and bold, but inside feels crampier than my i20. And the Magnite build quality was pretty shoddy. We couuld sense it as soon as we got in.

With the Nexon, the staff were pretty welcoming and responsive and I even got a test drive yesterday. I really liked the feel. And the cost/feature set is very good. Most importantly my parents found it easy to enter and exit, which was the main reason I am even getting this car. So yeah, can't complain much in any respect.

Creta is def going to be bigger because it's on the next segment. I haven't tried the other cars. I only tried it against Kia Sonet and Nissan Magnite and Nexon was better than both in terms of build quality and spaciousness. I honestly can't even take the Sonet seriously in terms of interior space. From the outside it looks big and bold, but inside feels crampier than my i20. And the Magnite build quality was pretty shoddy. We couuld sense it as soon as we got in.

With the Nexon, the staff were pretty welcoming and responsive and I even got a test drive yesterday. I really liked the feel. And the cost/feature set is very good. Most importantly my parents found it easy to enter and exit, which was the main reason I am even getting this car. So yeah, can't complain much in any respect.
is creta more expensive than what you are paying for nexon?
why not get a Creta mid variant?

is creta more expensive than what you are paying for nexon?
why not get a Creta mid variant?
Creta would def be more expensive. Also bigger which means harder time for my dad to park. We did find the harrier much better but it was big and parking is always an issue with these bigger vehicles. So it was Nexon. And I don't like compromising on features and quality. Tbh the XZ+ HS variant comes with a lot of useful features and I don't mind the price.

If I were to go for the Harrier or Creta, I would want to spent at least 19 to get the right variant for my taste. Too much for what I'm looking for.

Back