Monitors I won a Ps3 :) Now I need to buy a LCD :(

^ Lol, I know. People are really taking it (and themselves) too seriously!!

@iamdevil: I suppose you can do it via software, but I imagine the advantage of getting a monitor with that feature built-in is that when you physically swivel (?) the monitor, the orientation would change automatically, instead of having to go into some settings and change stuff. Plus, I don't think Monitor stands are that inter-changeable, are they?

I wish I had picked up the E2408WFP when it was going for 27K here at TE :(

Off course, it's better if the pivot re-alignment is done by hardware. I'm just saying it's not done by hardware in all of the monitors that claim to support portrait mode. It's not something I use often, so it's not a big issue to me. I do find it annoying when I have to do it manually though.

And most monitors support vesa mounts, so most stands should be interchangeable.

Hmmm, can anyone confirm whether you can change from lanscape to portrait using vesa mounts? The impression I had was that once you stick a monitor on the wall, it's stuck there.

^ Lol, even I was on that boat till about 2 days back. Never won anything in my life. Guess it was good way to break that streak :D

Back to the monitors - any suggestions?

Ummm, no more suggestions? So the Del 2408WFP is it? (Unfortunately their 22" 2208WFP doesn't have HDMI, otherwise would have got that :( )

Unfortunately my current LCD doesn't have a DVI connection - only VGA. Plus it 4:3 and 17". Hence the desire for an upgrade / second monitor.

Heh, well congratulations to you too! ( I do hope you have a ps3 to play it on!)

Back to the monitors - Dell replied to my query with a message saying that E248 is not available. They ignored my request for a quote for the 2408wfp, and instead quoted 2409wfp for 18K. My heart raced for a second before I googled it and realized that a) it's a TN panel and b) no portrait mode :(

So it's basically an E248 with HDMI - so not bad value for someone looking for that, but I am still back to square one :( Help!!

Ok, the only monitors AFAIK that match my criteria are the Dell 2408wfp (Rs. 40k+ quote) and the HP w2408h (still waiting for quote, but doubt it will be much cheaper if at all).

So here's another idea - what if I buy a VESA mount that allows rotating the screen into portrait mode? Most 22 or 24" monitors would be VESA mount-ready, right? And then I would have to change into portrait mode manually using the NVIDIA settings. Minor annoyance, but maybe this saves me a lot of money.

Ideas / suggestions?

Honestly man..do u really need the portrait mode feature?? How many times are you going to actually use it?

My advice: Buy any decent monitor and save the rest of the money for the games...Ull need lots of Moolah to game on the PS3..most games dont come in below 2.5k so.....

I really do need the portrait mode. My work involves a lot of writing. And sometimes, I need to refer to other documents, so a dual-monitor setup is ideal. (In fact if I had it my way, I would rather have a triple monitor setup - all in portrait!).

So it's not worth paying double for sure (i.e. 40k). But if I can get a 20K monitor and add 2K for mounting, that should do the trick, right?

Ok the mroe I research the more it looks like that I would have to get the portrait mdoe through a VESA stand like this:
Newegg.com - ERGOTRON 33-310-060 Neo-Flex LCD Stand - Monitor Accessories

So getting back to the other requirements. Suggestions?

1. Full HD (1080p)
  2. HDMI and Component/Composite inputs (besides the obvious DVI)
  3. Channel changing option (so that switching between the PC, ps3 and TV input is easy with the press of a button, and doesn't require changing cables every time).

Well BenQ's site is on the fritz but I am pretty sure it said that the E2200hd was VESA compliant.

Edit: The U.S. site confirms it: VESA Wall Mounting 100x100mm

BenQ USA - Computing

So now the question is, is it possible tog et a rotating VESA stand (i.e. desktop not wall mount) in Delhi?

why dont u take samsung t220 HD ... comes for 18K with digital HDTV tuner-card with the capability of HD 1080p, a USB hub and 2 HDMI connections .. plus 2HDMI ports, 5.1 integrated sound card SPDIF out, DVI , analog PC,multimedia speakers of 3W x 2 ch (dolby digital), remote controller to switch between tv/pc/hdmi

Samsung T220 HD, 22" Wide HDTV LCD w/ TV tuner, 1680 x 1050, 5MS, 10000:1, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI (LS22TDNSUV/ZA) - LCD Monitors - Price
Samsung SyncMaster T220HD - Review - Samsung T220 HD 22" screen

Back