Monitors I won a Ps3 :) Now I need to buy a LCD :(

vebk said:
It's 1680x1050, i.e. not fullHD. (For full HD, the second number has to be 1080 at least).

its can still play fullHD .. but in compressed 1680 resolution ... there wont be much difference

also u will have tv, bluray,pc all in one .. with a sweet big remote

samsung t220 beats every other LCD in 22inches
InsideHW - 22 inch Wide TFT Roundup

Samsung_T220.jpg

invisiblex said:
its can still play fullHD .. but in compressed 1680 resolution ... there wont be much difference

also u will have tv, bluray,pc all in one .. with a sweet big remote

Nah - I think I would rather have real fullHD.

Guys got my ps3 today!! :hap2:

Need recommendations fast!! Please Help!!!

As it stands right now:
  • Dell 2408wfp - 40K - Too expensive
  • BenQ E2200HD/E2400HD - Not yet available
  • Samsung Syncmaster 2493HM - Edit: Not available

Went to Nehru Place today. Here's my experience:

Dell Showroom: None of the Dell staff know a thing about any of the monitors. They themselves admitted at the outset that neither do they know the models, nor the specifications, and not even the prices. Wow. What kind of showroom is that? They did have a wall muonted 2708 and a 2408, which were nice, but the price roughly quoted was 65k and 40k - so no biggie here. Plus, to order monitors they would anyway refer me to customer care, and they would take 10 days to deliver. Meh.

HP Showroom: Apparently HP India (unlike HP the rest of the world) has a policy that they don't sell monitors separately. How ridiculous is that?

BenQ Showroom: E2400HD and E2200HD will come in a month. No other model available with HDMI (though I think they were wrong as the G2400W has HDMI and is available as per other sources, though around 22K).

LG Showroom: Only 24" available is the LG245something and NOT LG246W. And this one was not even hooked up. Anyway the other LG monitors on display looked AWFUL. So left as quick as I could.

In Conclusion: My ps3 sits in a box while I have done enough research to write a PhD dissertation on LCD monitors. I hate my life.

Back