I9003 Galaxy SL for preorder

techpal said:
^

you saw specifications of Galaxy 3.

specifications of Galaxy S lcd are

Samsung Galaxy S Lcd 4gb - Specification - Samsung Mobile India

U r confused between galaxy 3 and galaxy S LCD . Specifications you saw are of galaxy 3.

only difference between international galaxy S LCD and indian galaxy S LCD is that indian one have 4 gb memory.

Oh man you saved me so much time I was dumb but wonder even the sales guy could not correct me.

So I can safely buy the phone tomorrow.

Thanks a lot

ranjan2001 said:
Oh man you saved me so much time I was dumb but wonder even the sales guy could not correct me.

So I can safely buy the phone tomorrow.

Thanks a lot

No problem. it ought to happen with so many Galaxy phones out there.

Congo for ur ph in advance :)

netwitx said:
@ranjan

You Can always check the real phones at ezone and Jumbo electronics @ GIP
Jumbo electronics @ GIP did not have this phone as yet, I visited them.

Which floor is the ezone? I will check with them tomorrow else with some of the Delhi samsung plaza.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Congo for ur ph in advance

Thanks in advance!

I had a busy day today but finally bought it from a store the guy was kind enough to open the box & give me the demo once i confirmed him my interest in purchasing. the phone looks good the screen is bright enough in day time but there was no sun today so I will have to wait for the weather to clear to test in full day light.

Cant even use the phone as I have a busy day tomorrow too will need lot of help from smart phone user to get going in customizing this phone.

Will be waiting for your initial impressions about the phone, before taking the plunge !!
Impression are pretty good as I needed the features more than the look bcoz I will be using those features for my day to day life. It will take few days to settle with this phone once I understand the default function & make the custom settings.

Anything specific you want to know I can surely answer.

Congrats Rajan, how much did you got this from stores? i am planning to purchase it through flipkart, as it is not available in stores till now.

ranjan2001 said:
...but finally bought it from a store...

Congratulations man :clap:

Now first off to get to know all of the features you need time, believe me. Take you time and first start off to use the phone as it is. Give the inbuilt features atleast one shot before trying to customize them. If you are not happy with them then you can always customize it as per your needs :)

What I wanted to know about the phone is about the screen. Apart from that rest of the phone seems to be at par with Galaxy S. And also yes does Angry Birds run on this phone, if no I'll be one angry man :bleh:

Thanks guys!

I got it for 19.5K from lajpat nagar retail store. The box say sits 4GB internal memory whereas I see only 2gb space showing whats the issue?

It came with froyo 2.2.1 loaded

My initial attempts failed again & again to install kies update.

Kies installation was a PIA & painfully slow, it took over 30 mins to install & on 1st start it showed me an update is available of approx 84mb so i clicked update button & this stupid software is downloading over & over again something which i don't know what?

I have tried 3 times & have downloaded over 1 gb data but this software does some weird thing & never gets updated.

Instead of downloading 85mb it downloads around 169mb & then shows 100% complete so it should update now...................instead it says internet connection not available:mad::mad: do you want to resume:huh: I say yes................:no::no::no: it starts downloading it again, then again it does the same thing.

[attachment=7415:13472.attach]

I had connected the phone & windows7 x64 failed to find the driver then I inserted the 1st CD & it installed Kies its driver but seems some thing gone wrong & full driver is not yet installed.

[attachment=7414:13471.attach]

I will try downloading the latest version from here & report back if any issues

http://www.samsungapps.com/about/onPc.as

I need to know some best rated android apps if you can tell me

screenshot apps

sms/call blocking apps

firewall/antivirus (do we really need this)

any other must have apps

Attachments

• 2011-03-03_005248.jpg
    2011-03-03_005248.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 133
  • 2011-03-03_024011.jpg
    2011-03-03_024011.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 2011-03-02_231206.jpg
    2011-03-02_231206.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 2011-03-03_011310.jpg
    2011-03-03_011310.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 116
Tough luck dude. Kies does not work with Windows 7 x64 (AFAIK)

ranjan2001 said:
I need to know some best rated android apps if you can tell me
screenshot apps
sms/call blocking apps
firewall/antivirus (do we really need this)
any other must have apps

1. For taking a screenshot you need to root the device. Use any screenshot app. I use screenshot.
2. Blacklist for Andriod is available. Just head to market. Never tried it tho.
3. IMO not needed.
4. Advanced Task Killer, Launcher Pro (if u dont like TouchWiz), Astro File Manager, SMS Backup+ and that's about what I use..

Kies indeed works with Windows 7 x64 both old version was working & then i uninstalled it & using the updated version now, but the older version was having more features & better GUI than v2.
[attachment=7416:13473.attach]

How do you root this any tutorials or link?

Attachments

• 2011-03-03_123357.jpg
    2011-03-03_123357.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 101
About rooting I am not sure if there is a tutorial out for this as of now. Wait for other ppl to reply. Why do you want to sync the phone with Kies is something I could not figure out as of now. I sync my contacts with Gmail and hence I do not use Kies at all. If its not much of a pain can you try playing a 720P video and check if it plays properly without stuttering. I have seen Galaxy S play a 720P video just fine.

Probably I wont be using kies, just installed it to know what it offers, after seeing iprefer Mobile edit which offer more features.

what I understand is that I will only need it to update the firmware & samsung apps.

I tried the video recording at 1280x720 & played it smoothly, but the clip was 6mb only need to test with full length video.

Tested with a HD video of a documentary works perfectly smooth accept occasional problem in few frames which I guess is some codec issue with the video not with the phone as such.

ranjan2001 said:
Tested with a HD video of a documentary works perfectly smooth accept occasional problem in few frames which I guess is some codec issue with the video not with the phone as such.
Woohoo Galaxy SL here I come !!!!!

Back