iBasso D4 Mamba!

^Read up at Head-Fi. Was looking for some more punch for my portable headphones, so decided on a good DAC + headamp. Spent a bit more than I would have liked, but it's a damn good quality product.

TechHead said:
^Read up at Head-Fi. Was looking for some more punch for my portable headphones, so decided on a good DAC + headamp. Spent a bit more than I would have liked, but it's a damn good quality product.

Well ,

Exactly As i Strongly Say You Overspend On This ,Other Products Are There That Offer Same Or Better Performance @ cheaper Pricing .

Congrats, once again.

@Amarbir : What products do you have in mind ?

IMO,The value of D4 is unmatched. It has one of the best portable DAC & a very strong amp section which runs both of battery & wallwart.

The only downside is a lack of digital input, but honestly that is much more than one can ask for this price.

@Titana, taking into account his purchase price and margins.. do you think he will sell it for <250$ US? It is directly available from iBasso at that price..

^^ One can't discount Amarbir, He just might.

His deals on head-direct products are quite close to the price on their site.

Amarbir i guess u have no clue about iBasso products.I have used a d3 for few days ,its bloody brilliant.Fiio E7 can never beat iBasso ,hell no way

head-fi say e7 will be comparable to amps double thier price

and it will prolly be sold for under 100$...so there is a good chance it can match the d4 :p

u cant compare ibasso with fiio stuff .. two very different products..

and people who r sayin oh u overpayed have no idea what they r talkin about.... ibasso is at another level all together.. and the people who own it will know what im talkin about.. it provides detail & seperation, The impact in ur music.. and more importantly you start to enjoy ur music way more..

i use the d2+ boa with my ultrasone hfi 780 and absolutely love the combo :eek:hyeah:

awesome buy there techhead. would love to check it out sometime :)

^Yup , what Fiio E7 will provide will mainly be a super VFM and a poorman's DAC + amp .The Ibasso D4 is on a totally different level .

I have my eyes on the T3 for the RE-0 and also the D4 mamba since a long time, but still saving the cash. :p

Hey Techead, how do you plan on connecting this ? Via USB or via SPDIF ? Also are you using a 8.4V rechargeable battery or a 9.6V battery ?

congrats :p

TechHead said:

252$ shipped from iBasso direct to my office in Bombay.

Makes a nice difference from the Xonar.. everything seems to have tightened up. It makes the music come together better somehow, everything seems to be much more musical.. everything from OutKast, Om Shanti Om to Star Wars.

Obviously it would make difference since you paid $252 expensive :p so it has to make diff

you should have bought D10

G@d of w@r said:
congrats :p

Obviously it would make difference since you paid $252 expensive :p so it has to make diff
you should have bought D10

Actually, it really has made a difference. I've always been one to call a spade a spade, and if I didn't see a difference, it would have been up in the Market section in a day or two.

Considering the quality of the DACs, 252$ is a decent price to pay for these.. as long as I'm not gaming on crappy Z5500s :)

congrats and happy new year Techhead,i'm really stuck b/w this and d10,but 33$ for shipping is a real pain.Head-direct is definitely better in this aspect.

Your sig. has a PS3 as well,never thought of getting a d10?This is where i'm stuck.

^^ You getting one ? :)

I am planning on getting the D4 only since I plan on using it as a DAC mostly with some portable use. Just waiting for Techhead to give his impressions once they are burned in.

Hopefully Amarbir will launch Ibasso in India!

Back