IC: Dell 2408WFP UltraSharp 24" @26.5k approx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naga said:
@dingemini312, thanks, I'm dloading the same for the past few days. 25gb was the size of some files on my wish list. Hey, u got any invites to a good HD site?

@bvagashia, buBleZ, hope the news was bearable!

No it was not.. It was so shocking that the lcds were delivered much earlier. I almost had a heart attack :p

for HD if u manage to get invites
hd-bits.ro
hdbit.org

@bvaghasia - M8 , forgot to give u the power cord..Dell had sent it seperate;y , but i guess u had a spare.if u need the dell one temme.....

Dell Announce Details for 2408WFP A01 Update

source : LCD and TFT Monitor News

There has finally been some official word from Dell this week about the forthcoming A01 release of the 2408WFP. As with the 2xx7WFP series, it seems Dell have listened to the user feedback and have decided to do something about all the issues people were reporting. In a post on the Dell Community Forums, Jimmy_P stated:

"While the currently shipping Dell 2408WFP monitor meets both Dell and industry standard specifications, we have been closely listening to your feedback on the Dell Community Forum. Based on your comments, Dell is working to incorporate a number of improvements into the 2408WFP as a firmware update for new monitors scheduled to ship in mid-July. This firmware update features greater control over sharpness settings, improved power save recovery, and less input lag. Current 2408WFP owners whose specific usage scenario may benefit from the firmware update should contact Dell Technical Support after Mid July to receive the firmware update. If you have any questions please feel free to post them here or contact Dell Technical Support."

The update will need to be arranged through an exchange, and will not be something the user can carry out themselves. It's promising to see that Dell have taken measures to eliminate the reported problems, and it will certainly be interesting to see the results later in the year.

Further Reading: Dell 2408WFP Review

Further: Discuss | Newsletter

Hey any chance of another GO... I am really looking for a new panel... Let me know cause i just might go in for a 24" Ultrasharp...

My previous post referred to problems with the LCD when using a special image, when dark, etc.

When one looks for problems, usually when finds them. Would appreciate if one of buyers can post their experience in normal situations. In your day-to-day use, do you notice any issues with the screen?

Switch said:
Hey any chance of another GO... I am really looking for a new panel... Let me know cause i just might go in for a 24" Ultrasharp...

Yup, i second that motion! Any chance of another GO?? :eek:hyeah:

Yeah thanks Gannu.. It took quite a lot of time for me to get hands on this monitor since I came to knew first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back