IC-> GO: Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22 inch HD Flat Panel Widescreen LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
aruka said:
dell.co.in is making me go nuts...:mad:
went to t website, logged in and it was given my 2209WA monitor was delivered:hap2:. so, I check t warranty... site asks me a service tag...:huh:
its supposed to be beneath the barcode... I pullout the plastic tag at the left hand side of the monitor... find the 21digit number... start typing it... it accepts only 7 digits:S... so, I put t first 7 digits and know what? I get a system summary of some 1999 desktop PC... :rofl:
so, I logout, login and find the same 'PC' with no warranty as 'my' product instead of 2209wa...:mad:
i even did a 'automatically findout ur service tag' thing... it says, I dont have a service tag and I have only a 'express service code' and gives me a 7 digit number with which Im not able to change anything...
Now, where is my 5 to 7 digit service tag?:huh::huh::huh:

owners of 2209wa...please help...:help:
coz, Im really concerned... like, 2 years down t line, if my monitor goes kaput and I wanna change it, I shud not b in a fix... 'sir, u didnt register with us within 30days of purchase...so u have no warranty left'....:no: something like that, bs....

Or does it really matter?:Comp2:

LCD owners never get a service tag number ! (until as in a special case)

what you should be concerned about is ur order number and customer number and serial number of the LCD.

y do so much hoopla to know abt ur warranty status, when u can make one call @ dell and ask them the warranty left for the same LCD by givin them ur order number.

+ u can also look at the bill u got with the LCD.

it mentions everything u need to know :)

regards

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
LCD owners never get a service tag number ! (until as in a special case)

what you should be concerned about is ur order number and customer number and serial number of the LCD.

y do so much hoopla to know abt ur warranty status, when u can make one call @ dell and ask them the warranty left for the same LCD by givin them ur order number.

+ u can also look at the bill u got with the LCD.

it mentions everything u need to know :)

regards

point taken.... No hoopla, buddy, jus tredding a safe path, coz i've been cheated on warranty issues more than once...

and u know what, they make u feel like a jack-a** once a problem arise, these customer-service/warranty issues people...

anyways, thanks 4 t advice dinesh...:)

i emailed a dell rep yesterday asking him about the price of dell 2209 wa lcd

he replied that they dont currently have this model!!!!!!

how come!!!!

preetmohit said:
i emailed a dell rep yesterday asking him about the price of dell 2209 wa lcd
he replied that they dont currently have this model!!!!!!
how come!!!!

They have not officially launched in India dats y. I faced the same problem and they tell me that there is lot of demand for this monitor but no action from dell. If rockfella wld have accepted credit card then i wld have bought it from him. It seems dell India is "waiting for christmas :rofl: "

Rocky accepts CC. No doubt about that.

krazypop said:
They have not officially launched in India dats y. I faced the same problem and they tell me that there is lot of demand for this monitor but no action from dell. If rockfella wld have accepted credit card then i wld have bought it from him. It seems dell India is "waiting for christmas :rofl: "

Mine received today via first flight with no dead pixel thanks FR & Rocky will post pics soon.ordered on 23rd feb.

Attachments

• P1000104 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    P1000104 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    321.6 KB · Views: 180
  • P1000109 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    P1000109 [Desktop Resolution].JPG
    268.6 KB · Views: 167
Has it launched already? I'll ask Rockfella to find out. Though bear in mind that it has no HDMI and is only TN, plus basic stand with only tilt support. The Dell guys want to keep the S2409W and 2209WA competitive.

LED backlighting hasn't been quite the spectacle it has been hyped to be.

LED Groups, The New Resolution? - HDTV Reviews

Dunno how good its gonna be.

If you wanna wait, you should prolly wait for the 2310W, the 23" 16:9 with the e-IPS panel (but I expect it to have the standard stand too. 16:9 screens don't have good ground clearance and look anemic in portrait mode )

..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
If you wanna wait, you should prolly wait for the 2310W, the 23" 16:9 with the e-IPS panel (but I expect it to have the standard stand too. 16:9 screens don't have good ground clearance and look anemic in portrait mode )
Any idea when the 2310W is out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back