IC-> GO: Dell UltraSharp 2209WA 22 inch HD Flat Panel Widescreen LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks rocky...got my order number....:)

Just out of curiosity, I registered with Dell India website now, quoting the order no. and the PO no. u gave and checked my shipping address . To my surprise, my state was 'karnataka', but, it should be actually 'tamil nadu':S... I didnt really care as all other details like name, door number and city(chennai) were correct, but, Ive made a requestion for a change. may be, it will be worthwhile for others also to check their shipping address before they receive their monitors... or does it really matter?:huh:

Same thing happened with FR's order status. I confirmed with Dell and its OK though very weird on dell's part. Everything matches except the state right?
Will get yours checked again though :ashamed:

aruka said:
Thanks rocky...got my order number....:)
Just out of curiosity, I registered with Dell India website now, quoting the order no. and the PO no. u gave and checked my shipping address . To my surprise, my state was 'karnataka', but, it should be actually 'tamil nadu':S... I didnt really care as all other details like name, door number and city(chennai) were correct, but, Ive made a requestion for a change. may be, it will be worthwhile for others also to check their shipping address before they receive their monitors... or does it really matter?:huh:

No need to bother. i'll explain what this is about. i had complained to Dell requesting an address change through the website and the rep rang me up the next day. The state of Karnataka is mentioned because the monitor is imported from Singapore to Bangalore from where it is delivered to your respective homes. There is absolutely nothing to worry about though it is up to you if you want to request the address change from Dell's website to get assurance from their side. ( my order info still shows Karnataka in the state field :p )

:hap2: wow! Thanks! :ashamed:
..:: Free Radical ::.. said:
No need to bother. i'll explain what this is about. i had complained to Dell requesting an address change through the website and the rep rang me up the next day. The state of Karnataka is mentioned because the monitor is imported from Singapore to Bangalore from where it is delivered to your respective homes. There is absolutely nothing to worry about though it is up to you if you want to request the address change from Dell's website to get assurance from their side. ( my order info still shows Karnataka in the state field :p )

thank u people:hap2:... here at TE, u never cease to surprise me...:clap:

yep, we don't take things for granted, but I'd still recommend all of you to individually get "reassured" by the Dell guys. Its their fault! Spam them till they correct this misleading thingy :p

Its always good to check with them but its not absolutely critical :)
yep, we don't take things for granted, but I'd still recommend all of you to individually get "reassured" by the Dell guys. Its their fault! Spam them till they correct this misleading thingy :p

To update all you guys. my monitor is on the way. Would reach me in a couple of days. Its listed as "with local carrier" on Dell's order status page. Typical delivery time is 10 days after placement of the order which is likely to be met.

btw, Jinu and Signops. I hope you have notified Dinesh that you have ordered with us (i hope you have got your order numbers by now). He deserves a reply as he is expecting your orders.

1. Maksa = 1 x 2209WA Delivered. Order date: 5th feb, delivered on 14th feb.
2. FreeRadical = 1 x 2209WA Order placed.
3. Signops = 1 x 2209WA. Order placed.
4. Commiguerra = 1-2 x 2209WA Order placed.
5. TechHead = 1 x 2209WA Order placed.
6. Farookh = 1 x 2209WA. Awaiting payment.
7. Spynic = 1 x S2209W. Delivered.
8. Sahilahuja = 1 x 2209WA. Order placed.
9. Aruka = 1 x 2209WA. Delivered on 21 feb '09. :hap2:
10. Jinu = 1 x 2209WA. Order placed.
11. Techster = Order placed.
12. Jigar7 = 1 x 2209WA. Awaiting payment.
13. Kumaranuj = 1 X 2209WA Order placed.
14. Kumaranuj = 1 X S2209 Payment awaited.

Apologies if i missed anyone :ashamed:
@ Sahil : Urs is 2209WA NOT S2209 :cool2:

UPDATE: Orders processed.

Hai everybody...:)

I GOT MY MONITOR...2209WA...:hap2:

Thank you Rocky...

Thank you free radical...

You guys are gr8!!!

phew! what to say...

when u move from a 15inch laptop to a 22inch IPS... it really feels gr8!!!

But, as Im yet to get my rest of my config from KMD...Im taking signals from my laptop and using 2209WA via VGA cable...;)

Ive taken pics from HTC touch... THE camera which really sucks... bear with me:rofl:

Attachments

• IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 189
  • IMAG0251.jpg
    IMAG0251.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 180
  • IMAG0252.jpg
    IMAG0252.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 197
  • IMAG0253.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 185
Congrats Doc :) :hap2:
aruka said:
Hai everybody...:)
I GOT MY MONITOR...2209WA...:hap2:
Thank you Rocky...
Thank you free radical...
You guys are gr8!!!

phew! what to say...
when u move from a 15inch laptop to a 22inch IPS... it really feels gr8!!!

But, as Im yet to get my rest of my config from KMD...Im taking signals from my laptop and using 2209WA via VGA cable...;)

Ive taken pics from HTC touch... THE camera which really sucks... bear with me:rofl:

I got my monitor today.

Got two dead pixels.

Rockfella's gonna help in getting it replaced.

The Dell guys wud be hearing from me when they open shop again on Monday. Till then, i 'll have to bear it.

One of them is about 30% off from the top left. The other is near the top left corner. Normally this won't distract people, but I am so annoyed that i have already set things in motion to get this replaced.

Let this be a benchmark for Dell's service support.

I will keep everyone apprised on what ensues.

I got my monitor today.

Got two dead pixels.
Rockfella's gonna help in getting it replaced.

The Dell guys wud be hearing from me when they open shop again on Monday. Till then, i 'll have to bear it.
One of them is about 30% off from the top left. The other is near the top left corner. Normally this won't distract people, but I am so annoyed that i have already set things in motion to get this replaced.

Let this be a benchmark for Dell's service support.
I will keep everyone apprised on what ensues.

no doubt about their after sales support. you will get new monitor by Tuesday :)
same thing happens few time with me

dell.co.in is making me go nuts...:mad:

went to t website, logged in and it was given my 2209WA monitor was delivered:hap2:. so, I check t warranty... site asks me a service tag...:huh:

its supposed to be beneath the barcode... I pullout the plastic tag at the left hand side of the monitor... find the 21digit number... start typing it... it accepts only 7 digits:S... so, I put t first 7 digits and know what? I get a system summary of some 1999 desktop PC... :rofl:

so, I logout, login and find the same 'PC' with no warranty as 'my' product instead of 2209wa...:mad:

i even did a 'automatically findout ur service tag' thing... it says, I dont have a service tag and I have only a 'express service code' and gives me a 7 digit number with which Im not able to change anything...

Now, where is my 5 to 7 digit service tag?:huh::huh::huh:

owners of 2209wa...please help...:help:

coz, Im really concerned... like, 2 years down t line, if my monitor goes kaput and I wanna change it, I shud not b in a fix... 'sir, u didnt register with us within 30days of purchase...so u have no warranty left'....:no: something like that, bs....

Or does it really matter?:Comp2:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back