IC: Seedbox

just one thing, I used OVH for 1 month and upped 2.2 Terabyte on SCT :p

Awesome for seedbox, however, you need to be in European countries to order one

Best of luck with your purchase

So lemme get this clear, u people will buy a Seedbox, allocate space to all the parties involved and then download stuff at a high speed, am I right?

If it is so then who's gonna pay the ISP bill? Is it all covered? How can we control and check status of our downloads? How to actually get them on our machine if not actually able to physically access the SeedBox?

Ryunosuke said:
So lemme get this clear, u people will buy a Seedbox, allocate space to all the parties involved and then download stuff at a high speed, am I right?
If it is so then who's gonna pay the ISP bill? Is it all covered? How can we control and check status of our downloads? How to actually get them on our machine if not actually able to physically access the SeedBox?
The main aim here is to maintain the ratio in private trackers..
The seedbox's price includes everything, and generally in a data center, due to the location and all, the bandwidth prices are very cheap..

Since the main aim is to maintain the upload ratio, they may try and download a torrent with very less seeders or low speed, And then ftp it back on to their comp..

Sei said:
One noob question - I have been to RS site and wanted to confirm whether RS allows only 2.66GB/day downloadable data now? That too upto 10 gb max? So, when I download 10gb, then my account is useless? I'd heard that it was something like 25GB in 5 days? :S
Yes , thats what their ToS says :
# Premium Account members can download more data than users of the free service. Currently, a Premium Account allows the download of 2.66 Gigabyte (2.660.000.000 Byte) per day.

manu1991 said:
Yes , thats what their ToS says :
# Premium Account members can download more data than users of the free service. Currently, a Premium Account allows the download of 2.66 Gigabyte (2.660.000.000 Byte) per day.
Already mentioned in the thread but just to make things clear:
rsxt1.png

^^ you have a brain or what Rapidshare fanboy :S

Anyway, the new policy affects mostly holders of Rapidshare Premium account: the main change is the download traffic limit to 80 GB per month, which is something as 2.66 gigabytes per day. Before the update, it used to be 10 gigabytes per day, so this is a pretty major limitation. Still, 80 gigabytes should be more than enough for you, unless you download all new video games and HD rips.

This change is valid only for new Premium accounts on Rapidshare, the holders of old accounts shouldn’t be affected unless they extend their account(s) after the policy change

manu1991 said:
^^ you have a brain or what Rapidshare fanboy :S
I didn't post the screen shot to show I'm still getting 10Gb added to my account everyday.I posted it because your reply was first reply to Mei was misleading and only added to his confusion.
If one does not use up their daily quota it gets added to what they get the next day,which is now ~2.7gb,up to 10Gb.So the first few days might be a bit rough but it gets better as you proceed but even that is not really a problem because you have traffic share.I got 60gb of traffic share and I can add 55gb of that to my download quota anytime.

Seedbox is basically a high speed server used for uploading and downloading.

I have used it for uploading and mantaining ratio on private trackers...
You access it via a web browser and get a GUI which looks like a bittorrent client....

FTP access is good but i doubt I will ever use it....For me ratio building is far more important....say suppose a file is 10 gb and I need it .... it has 30 seeders and 0 leechers....if i have no ratio and I download it and then I would get a bad ratio....and would get banned from the site soon....:p simple

Techman said:
what are the available plans? (350,500 etc with details please)

350 and 500 plans are not available for this month. He has updated the first post with the details of the plans available for December.

Back