ICC World - Feedback Thread

varkey said:
^ Yes they consider volumetric weight and charge whichever is higher. I think it's mentioned on their site as well.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

I was charged Rs1032 for a similar box by ShopnShip. I was willing to pay Rs200-300 extra for their quick shipping, but not Rs1200 extra. It`s just not worth it. Their shipping calculator does not say anything about volumetric weight. A bit disingenuous,if you ask me.

The problem happens when your item has more box than the item itself (ofcourse, this means higher vol. weight). If the box is just enough to accommodate the item, ICC World happens to be way better than SnS.

For me, the best part is not having to be ready with cash at the time of delivery and thus it becomes easier to get it delivered to house owner/neighbor when i am not available.

Bumping up an old thread,

Guys, i'm thinking of ordering a Galaxy Nexus from Expansys through shopabroadonline.com for 409$+taxes and shipping = 23546Rs. Please share your opinions.

The positive thing about ordering from expansys.com is that they provide 1 full year warranty, god forbid if something goes wrong, i can ship it back to expansys but it will cost me 2000Rs for shipping both the way.

Is anyone experiencing delays with ICCWorld ?

Delivery confirmation at their NY branch is taking atleast two days now. They used to do it on the same day before.

^ Everything normal for me. Is this for PPO or ShopAbroad. In case of ShopAbroad they may use their NJ address to save on tax which may cause a one day delay.

Have the ibhejo quotes come ? I have got really disgusted from ishopinternational.com handling . My 4 orders and 2 refunds are stuck from last 2 months due to their wrong quotes and later not buying it or they charging the card and not buying the item .
Any one can recommend any other services ?
ICC World has also not been able to control the quality of their services

Anyone having issues with PPO recently? Packages not getting updated after they`re delivered to them in NY. Asking for detailed Seller information for all their packages? Threatening e-mails from Sanjay about confiscation of packages!

I was not aware of any threads about PPO, so had to post in this thread. $ rates are not going to come down in the near future, are they?

They`ve started asking for detailed Seller information for customs clearance with full address of the Seller. If you buy items on eBay.com, it only gives you the Zip code of the Seller.

Recently, they`re not updating packages quickly after they`re delivered to their hub in NY.

You had any problems recently?

I was not aware of any threads about PPO, so had to post in this thread. $ rates are not going to come down in the near future, are they?

They`ve started asking for detailed Seller information for customs clearance with full address of the Seller. If you buy items on eBay.com, it only gives you the Zip code of the Seller.

Recently, they`re not updating packages quickly after they`re delivered to their hub in NY.

You had any problems recently?

I didn't have any such issue with my latest packages. However the one before that was stuck with customs for more than 2 weeks. I had declared the value of the package quite less and that caused problems in my case. I get all my packages delivered to my sister first in US and then she consolidates them into one package and her address is on the package so maybe that's why they don't ask me for detailed seller address, etc.

I didn't have any such issue with my latest packages. However the one before that was stuck with customs for more than 2 weeks. I had declared the value of the package quite less and that caused problems in my case. I get all my packages delivered to my sister first in US and then she consolidates them into one package and her address is on the package so maybe that's why they don't ask me for detailed seller address, etc.

They used to update packages ASAP once it is delivered to NY. Recently, they haven`t done that.

Had to e-mail their support team to check and update packages.

Their CS is a bit poor. Only Divyank knows what he is doing. Rest of them are very poor.

recently, two packages were lost in transit by bluedart.. :mad: :(. luckily they were insured and below 200$ value- max insured amount is 200$ for PPO packages. Be it Divyank, Anas, Akash, Sanjay, Firoz. I have yelled at all of them a number of times because they always seem to have answers contradicting each other.

Their Insurance refund policy is also b@#$#!t, i had bought the package when USD rate was 56(excluding 3.5% visa conversion and 12.36% service tax) now when they agreed to process refund, USD rate was 60.36, they charge me everything in dollars even the insurance amount of xyz% of the package value is in USD then converted to INR on the day they send the invoice to customers.

They insist on agreeing for credit of the package value in PPO account to be adjusted against future shipments.
Biggest issue in agreeing for credit in PPO account is:
Credit is provided at at 56INR/USD conversion value and they use the current date USD conversion rate while invoicing and would be deducting from credit amount in my PPO account. That's plain b@#$#!t.
Sanjay has told me that it is as per their policy which i cannot find anywhere on their website and that he has already spoken to their management.
When i asked for bill of entry and customs payment receipt for the two packages which were stolen while in transit by bluedart to file a police complaint of theft, those idiots on the call told me that they don't know anything about that :mad: and they don't have such documents. He told something about FORM 5.

i currently have 2 packages sitting at their saki naka warehouse since 3 days and they are not dispatching anything as they have some customs audit going on(they informed the same over phone). :(

can anybody with adequate knowledge in importing stuff please let me know whether its possible for any import license holder to get electronic goods inside the country without Bill of entry???

recently, two packages were lost in transit by bluedart.. :mad: :(. luckily they were insured and below 200$ value- max insured amount is 200$ for PPO packages. Be it Divyank, Anas, Akash, Sanjay, Firoz. I have yelled at all of them a number of times because they always seem to have answers contradicting each other.

Their Insurance refund policy is also b@#$#!t, i had bought the package when USD rate was 56(excluding 3.5% visa conversion and 12.36% service tax) now when they agreed to process refund, USD rate was 60.36, they charge me everything in dollars even the insurance amount of xyz% of the package value is in USD then converted to INR on the day they send the invoice to customers.

They insist on agreeing for credit of the package value in PPO account to be adjusted against future shipments.
Biggest issue in agreeing for credit in PPO account is:
Credit is provided at at 56INR/USD conversion value and they use the current date USD conversion rate while invoicing and would be deducting from credit amount in my PPO account. That's plain b@#$#!t.
Sanjay has told me that it is as per their policy which i cannot find anywhere on their website and that he has already spoken to their management.
When i asked for bill of entry and customs payment receipt for the two packages which were stolen while in transit by bluedart to file a police complaint of theft, those idiots on the call told me that they don't know anything about that :mad: and they don't have such documents. He told something about FORM 5.

i currently have 2 packages sitting at their saki naka warehouse since 3 days and they are not dispatching anything as they have some customs audit going on(they informed the same over phone). :(

can anybody with adequate knowledge in importing stuff please let me know whether its possible for any import license holder to get electronic goods inside the country without Bill of entry???

This is a very a scary experience for you. Their CS is pathetic. With SNS I always had great experience when dealing with Anuradha or Karan and now hearing these horror stories I am very scared because the value of my packages is usually around $2000. I haven't had a bad experience with them yet but your experience does scare the hell out of me. I am however pretty sure that my package being a big package and of really high value is one of the reasons it arrives safely.

Back