ICC World Twenty20, 2010 (Apr 30 - May 16)

Good match Australia.

I hope England nick the final though...i really really do...who knows it could be their year...T20 champs and then FIFA champs too ? ....but then again ...its England so... :)

Dushie said:
England will win this one, law of averages will come into play, Australia has already won too many games.

It didnt come into play in 2003 and 1007 50 ovs WC. Did it ;)
But i would love to see the POMS win :D

The law of averages did strike the Aussies yesterday. Their bowling has been top notch in the series, but not so much the batting. Yesterday there was a reversal of fortunes for each of these. So now the road is clear :D

Very similar to the IPL. MI the team which played the best throughout the tournament, were runners up on the basis of one match. A patchy team on the other hand wins the cup. I think T20 being such a short format, there should be either (a) best of 3 finals, or (b) no finals at all - the team with the most wins in the league stages gets the cup.

ajab.ghajab said:
Very similar to the IPL. MI the team which played the best throughout the tournament, were runners up on the basis of one match. A patchy team on the other hand wins the cup. I think T20 being such a short format, there should be either (a) best of 3 finals, or (b) no finals at all - the team with the most wins in the league stages gets the cup.

??? England were as convincing as AUS, not losing a single match on their way to the final. Then they walloped SL in the semi and whooped AUS in the final. They deserved one world cup after all these years. Now SA is the only test team without a WC or even a WC Final appearance.

Back