ICICI bank - an unbelievably incompetent bunch of people

The ICICI Bank app is a pita. Every time I restart the phone, this stupid page opens in chrome

Dumb people think only they develop Android apps. I need developer options to mirror the phone to my laptop. Uninstalled the app and their site it trash too. Infinity dot icicibank dot com times out when I try to login from the home page. Time to search for new Bank I guess. Once bean counters take over managing day to day operations, the bank is done for. This will go the SBI way.
They recently downgraded the mobile website it seems. Earlier last month, I was getting all the info I wanted on mweb after the app started checking for dev options. Now I have to log in on a PC. So inconvenient.

I had not so good exp with HDFC, so Axis remains my primary account. I was thinking of opening an ICICI savings account as I have their CCs, the dev options check on app lost them a customer. IMO all banks in India are bad, you find the best among the worst.

The ICICI Bank app is a pita. Every time I restart the phone, this stupid page opens in chrome

Dumb people think only they develop Android apps. I need developer options to mirror the phone to my laptop. Uninstalled the app and their site it trash too. Infinity dot icicibank dot com times out when I try to login from the home page. Time to search for new Bank I guess. Once bean counters take over managing day to day operations, the bank is done for. This will go the SBI way.
ICICICICI is run by council. Its netbanking is bad, app is bad. Both look like as if they were created by a final year student.

Anyway, if you had anything other than pixel, you could have disable auto start. Pixel doesn't have this option. You can try restricted battery mode. If that doesn't work try force stopping the app.

I tried restricted mode and even force stopping the app. It still autostarts every time by itself. I got fed up and uninstalled it and left 1 star review on Play Store. Felt like reporting the app as against Play Store policies since the app even refused to start if we remove phone and sms permissions.

I tried restricted mode and even force stopping the app. It still autostarts every time by itself. I got fed up and uninstalled it and left 1 star review on Play Store. Felt like reporting the app as against Play Store policies since the app even refused to start if we remove phone and sms permissions.
I updated this app today itself and it's showing be the same thing. :p Trashed instantly.

Does ICICI still have that system: you flip your debit card and type a number from a matrix grid to login to net banking. Like how POTUS launches nukes in Holly movies. I used to find it so funny and stupid.
Yes. For online banking while paying bills, for first time login to their app, for their demat account (different grid) etc. Their version of 2FA I guess.
Edit: their website is broken in chrome and Firefox both. Like some banner at top is half or half way beyond the page. I wonder if they're using IE or Edge to test their site.

My brother had Axis bank account but when he left the job that account was left untouched, recently when we checked the account after several years they asked 7k+ just to close this account because bank kept on charging for services we never registered (Rs750+ for demat account, we never knew existed along with other charges)
They cannot charge negative amount to the account as per RBI!
My experience. HDFC is good right now. only issue I had was with the Credit Card. I was offered a 10K limit where as people with way low salary hard a upper limit. don't know what maal this guys are phooking ...

then the hdfc rep said close the card and apply for new one. you don't need to give any documents. just call him when its more than 15 days after closing. I did that and then again he said more 15days needed. now after one month I called and he said you will have to visit the branch for filling the form. Now I got a hunch that document will also be need. so I took basic KYC. Now this guy needed more documents which He didn't told me before hand. I blasted him and told him I don't need the card took back the form filed. Now rest is history!

Fun part the same month I closed the card, My limit was extended to 20K. What a joke and the people from CC kept on persisting to not close the card :confused: I told close karo else RBI!

Last edited:
I was offered a 10K limit where as people with way low salary hard a upper limit. don't know what maal this guys are phooking ...
Generally, people who are self employed or businessmen are given less limits. Businessman who's filing 15 Lakh ITR will be given the same credit limit as the salaried person who files 5 Lakh ITR.

They cannot charge negative amount to the account as per RBI!
My experience. HDFC is good right now. only issue I had was with the Credit Card. I was offered a 10K limit where as people with way low salary hard a upper limit. don't know what maal this guys are phooking ...

then the hdfc rep said close the card and apply for new one. you don't need to give any documents. just call him when its more than 15 days after closing. I did that and then again he said more 15days needed. now after one month I called and he said you will have to visit the branch for filling the form. Now I got a hunch that document will also be need. so I took basic KYC. Now this guy needed more documents which He didn't told me before hand. I blasted him and told him I don't need the card took back the form filed. Now rest is history!

Fun part the same month I closed the card, My limit was extended to 20K. What a joke and the people from CC kept on persisting to not close the card :confused: I told close karo else RBI!
These reps ONLY think about there incentives, No matter how many times they have to lie.

If you want a solid secondary account for your regular upi transactions, and savings perhaps you could look at NiyoX. Their app is spammy yet solid, runs on rooted phone also, and you could order ATM cards from within the app itself. Their banking partner is equitas small finance Bank, which is surprisingly robust and nonsense free. Please dm me for reference

Just like someone pointed out,the banking experience is down to the people,for example when i was residing in Mangalore a few years ago,my local branch of SBI had one of ,if not some of the most efficient and friendly people around,in contrast,Bengaluru,where i stay currently,the people at SBI branch suck big time,no etiquette,no compassion,no patience,basically they don’t give a damn.

Generally, people who are self employed or businessmen are given less limits. Businessman who's filing 15 Lakh ITR will be given the same credit limit as the salaried person who files 5 Lakh ITR.
bro but 10K ? I know someone with approx. 35k salary got hire amount then that of what I got :/

bro but 10K ? I know someone with approx. 35k salary got hire amount then that of what I got :/
I know people with 25k salary & 100k salary getting the same 1.25L limit on the same Millennia CC. Not sure how they decided on limits. But over the years with usage, HDFC didn't increase my CC limit much. Axis & ICICI started lower initially but they regularly upgraded my limit & now have a higher limit.

SLPT: If you want higher credit, take a loan on cc or convert a high value transaction to EMI. These people are scum, so they will increase your credit limit so that you buy even more things on EMI and make them money in fees.

Maybe they also have good credit history. If you haven't had a loan or credit before then the chances are you will be given a very low limit.
I am in the green zone :dead:
SLPT: If you want higher credit, take a loan on cc or convert a high value transaction to EMI. These people are scum, so they will increase your credit limit so that you buy even more things on EMI and make them money in fees.
I only wish to buy some high ended product with cc like lens, laptop and so... now without a high limit, how to take loan on the same :artist:

Last edited:
I am in the green zone :dead:

I only wish to buy some high ended product with cc like lens, laptop and so... now without a high limit, how to take loan on the same :artist:
Can't. If you have 40k limit, then Max you will get 30-35k credit. You need to start small first. Like take 10-25k stuff on EMI for 3-6 months. Then if by mistake you only pay the minimum due they will call you and increase the limit. Happened to my colleague who has same card as mine. I paid in full and my limit was 40k. He took phone and camera on EMI and paid only minimum due and got his credit increased to 50k first then it became 65k. Mine was still at 40k after not taking any loan or EMI. He ended up getting 2-3 cards with 1L limit even though he can't pay such high amount ⊙⁠﹏⁠⊙

Back