Ideal torrent downloader setup for me?

edrill - sent u a pm bud,
and kippu . the 520gu seems solid at that price.. mediahome is selling ti on te.. only getting it running has its share of issues lol.. once we figure it out.. ill let yall know how it works :D

^^^

Thanks, for pointing that out, i was checking the forums and i expect DD-WRT support for the N13 to be out soon enough, for the time being i want to test it out with its stock f/w :)

edrill / rushabht manage to get the router workin @ his place.. but with my airtel adsl2 router we couldnt get it to run with wdrt and torrent downloader.. so flashed it with tomato and running as a nas at the moment.. works good.. maybe well give it another go later down the week once hes totally free. or if ur in mumbai hahaha :eek:hyeah:

I suspect the reason for Transmission not working with your ADSL modem is because it is a modem+router. Configure the modem in bridge mode, enable PPPoE on the router after flashing it with DD-WRT and you're good to go!

No chance of me being in Bombay before January!! Was there for two months prior to last week!!

Hey Edrill,

I have downloaded a couple of files (using transmission) and they have been stored in the /mnt/Torrent/work directory in the flash drive.

Could you please tell me how to access the downloaded files from the /mnt/Torrent/work directory using my Windows xp PC?

Thanks.

Start > Run > \\IP address of your router

You should have samba running for that to work. It should be running since you've installed Optware. To check, telnet into the router and type service. It should show you samba in green, indicating that it is running.

Edrill said:
Start > Run > \\IP address of your router

You should have samba running for that to work. It should be running since you've installed Optware. To check, telnet into the router and type service. It should show you samba in green, indicating that it is running.

Yes, I checked and samba is running (in green when I type service).

I still can't figure out how to get to the downloaded files??

Edrill said:
Try service samba restart and then retry the \\IP address

I restarted the router and the PC and I was able to get into the downloaded files by going to \\192.168.1.1

Thanks.

Edrill said:
Lemme know if you guys need any help. It took me a good deal of searching and trial and error since I'm pretty much a n00b as far as Linux is concerned!! But now that I've got it up and running, it's awesome!! Moved about 700GB worth of movies and TV shows to the external drive, plus the torrents are running off of it via Transmission. Haven't had to leave my machine on all day/night long ever since I set this thing up!

help needed :

i have successfully flashed asus 520gu to tomato 1.27 usb mod by teddy bear. following further posts, i have formatted and partitioned a 500gb hdd as follows

Optware - ext3 512mb

Swap - 64mb

Shared - ext3 remainder​

attached it to the router and it mounts and shows up for sharing. now i need help installing and configuring transmission. my knowledge of linux is naught... but i can follow the word to the z and have reached thus far ;-0

Have you installed the Optware packages? If not, use this guide.

Optware, the Right Way - DD-WRT Wiki

If you've already done that, then telnet into your router and run the following command.

service

If the transmission client is started, it'll show up in green. If it shows up in red, it's not started. If it's in green, all you need to do is open the web interface at http://routerip:9091 If it's in red, you'll need to type the following commands:

service transmission on

service transmission start

That should do it. Lemme know how it works out.

Back