Audio iem with great sounstage under 5k

I am now using pl30,pl 21,klipch s4 and hippo vb with my sansa clip+.recently I tried my hippo vb(my favourite) with sansa fuze and I found big difference in soundstage:D but it is brighter than clip+ which make my vb sound a bit annoying:(
TE members please give me advice
I have two plans
1.buy a good amp for vb (don't know how much sound stage will produce by vb)
OR
2.buy a new iem with wide soundstage with a good amp

IEMs with good sound stage are very rare (....understandably) ....IE8 is an option ....sm3 is another ...more than 15K

that said .... the Head-direct RE1 being used by TE members is also said to have very good soundstage and great mids WHEN paired with a good amp.

so you can get the re1 and get an amp for it ....people here will give you advices on amps that suit RE1( and you needs)

strategy said:
IEMs with good sound stage are very rare (....understandably) ....IE8 is an option ....sm3 is another ...more than 15K

that said .... the Head-direct RE1 being used by TE members is also said to have very good soundstage and great mids WHEN paired with a good amp.

so you can get the re1 and get an amp for it ....people here will give you advices on amps that suit RE1( and you needs)
IE8 has bigger soundstage,sm3`s sounstage varies with the song and source,it is huuuge with cowon v5 specially with classical music,not that big with ipod touch.SM3 sounds marginally better for my ears for all types of music except trance.For trance IE8 is GREAT.

red dragon said:
IE8 has bigger soundstage,sm3`s sounstage varies with the song and source,it is huuuge with cowon v5 specially with classical music,not that big with ipod touch.SM3 sounds marginally better for my ears for all types of music except trance.For trance IE8 is GREAT.
variation of sound stage with source is understandable ...all that an amplifier does is amplify the analog signal better than the source amplifier....BUT how can it vary with song ( again quality of recording is understandable)??

EDIT : delete.......delete ...deleted ..lol...quadruple post ...WTF!!!

strategy said:
variation of sound stage with source is understandable ...all that an amplifier does is amplify the analog signal better than the source amplifier....BUT how can it vary with song ( again quality of recording is understandable)??

EDIT : delete.......delete ...deleted ..lol...quadruple post ...WTF!!!

Well,what I meant to say that,sm3 gives a wider soundstage with classical music compared to ie8.But for rock music the ie8 provides a better soundstage,sm3 is wide,but can be claustrophobic at times.

all reviews are saying re0 has average sound stage and nuforce ne6 has a wide sound stage and re1 is for mid lovers.I dont know how is bass quality of re1

if u amp it well. there is enough bass in the re1. not in quantity, but u def feeel it there. quality at that . i like the re1. just get a good amp and u will enjoy it. u can't even compare the ne6 and re1 in the same line. its miles ahead. imho ne6 is a overrated iem.

not comparing ne6 and re1 in sound quality but most reviews saying ne6 has a wide sound stage.how is the bass quality of re1 comparing with hippo vb

vb are praised all over the headphone communities for their great bass ....re1 lovers say " its bass is enough, not in quantity but definitely there"( :p ) ....get the idea

re1 for you if you can afford an amp with it ( refer to above posts) ...else go for vb

(....DDM) ...my inner self talking...(^$@($%&%@&^)

Well... you could get the ne6 since you have quite a few iems already and its would be really fun sounding addition with great soundstage and bass.

hahahaha @ strategy - u forgot i also said its got quality bass. and i tested it with a bit of a chicane song with a drum & bass sample and i was really happy :)

but yes.. i think he can do better then vb / go in for the DDM or HJE900's even.. no point lookin @ ne6 or vb's when ur budget is 5k.

I own one hippo vb and I love it and I want to know the quality of bass produced by re1 because now I want wide soundstage with an overall balanced sound

RE1 doesn't have the same impact as hippo vb. Hippo VB would be considered "bassy" compared to RE1. I think if you love hippo vb's bass, you might not be satisfied with RE1's bass quantity. Of course soundstage is better with RE1. Moreover RE1 is pitch dark compared to hippo vb, keep that in mind too. :)

Back