Audio iem with great sounstage under 5k

I am now in big confusion
will I buy a good amp for my vb for better soundstage or buy a new iem with wide soundstage
or buy a new player like fuze+a wide soundstage iem

^I found difference in the sound after upgrading the firmware of clip+ may be I will get a wide soundstage from a firmware upgrade.I found the fischer eterna having wide soundstage also the re1 but need powerfull amp and also bass shy @haraakiri whats your opinion.how is the bass of re1 with vb.

There's actually almost no comparision. I loved Hippo VB's bass. When it comes to bass, I prefer VB to anything I have heard, it does sub bass really well. RE1 is very good in bass quality does go low but doesn't have the VB's quantity. RE1 to be good at bass, needs an amp and it's nowhere near bass shy, unless you consider vb's bass neutral. :)

^^ my player is clip+ and you said re1 needs amp to perform, so are you saying it is average when connected with clip+ directly if yes plase suggest a good portable amp for this combination.
I love the bass of vb(both quality and quantity) but I want only quality bass from re1

Yeah as i have heard .....RE1 require good amp to seally shine ( at least FiioE7/uDAC/S:flo2/etc.)
without them the bass will be weak, soundstage will narrow(....wait i dont own them!!! ....i have read these things) ....means no good without amp.

RE1 and RE0 really need amp.

strategy said:
Yeah as i have heard .....RE1 require good amp to seally shine ( at least FiioE7/uDAC/S:flo2/etc.)

without them the bass will be weak, soundstage will narrow(....wait i dont own them!!! ....i have read these things) ....means no good without amp.

RE1 and RE0 really need amp.
RE1 needs sumthng better than e7

e7 is more of a dac with amp module similar to e5

yeah... e5 is a VFM cheap amp/dac....it wont do justice to RE1
e7 ...is OK ( really i am still to read a review that says E7 is great )...but people here have testified it to work well with RE1
uDAC has good reviews ...has great snergy with RE0 ( As per faheem )...so might also work nicely with RE1

strategy said:
yeah... e5 is a VFM cheap amp/dac....it wont do justice to RE1

e7 ...is OK ( really i am still to read a review that says E7 is great )...but people here have testified it to work well with RE1

uDAC has good reviews ...has great snergy with RE0 ( As per faheem )...so might also work nicely with RE1
I feel they are OK

i wont say tht e7 drives re1 well

There are 100s of amps available.

The trick is to find an amp which has a good synergy with HP. Take for example the RE1, get an amp which has a good soundstage and a slight bump in the treble area and your good. See the amp would make up for the dark nature of the Re1. Hence get an amp which has a bright sound sig.

One of the amps you could consider is mini 3. That's a neutral, capable amp and rated highly by Clieos and |joker| on head-fi. I myself want to get that in future. :)

bennysachdev said:
There are 100s of amps available.

The trick is to find an amp which has a good synergy with HP. Take for example the RE1, get an amp which has a good soundstage and a slight bump in the treble area and your good. See the amp would make up for the dark nature of the Re1. Hence get an amp which has a bright sound sig.
Or get a neutral sounding amp and tweak the EQ

Back