Audio iem with great sounstage under 5k

yea + 1 to what hk said, i tested em out with a awesome combo, (compass dac with changed opamps probably + treble boost on foobar with a high quality file) to me it sounded real good, but it may not be the same case for you,, so read up on em as much as u can before u make the jump :) i found them overall well balanced when amped proper. def an iem that deserves more mention out here, along with the re2 :)

I connected the hippo vb with sansa fuze with the two dot bass plate and I found big difference in soundstage:hap5: but it is slighly brighter than sansa clip+.from my experience I think clip+ has average soundstage but bass is more punchy comparing with fuze am I right or not:huh:

I have a doubt what exactly meant by neutral iem, from my knowledge I think neutral means that iem produce a flat frequency spectrum.all are saying re0,re1 and similar iem mentioned here are neutral but they are weak in bass section.then what exactly meant by neutrality.please tell me If I am wrong with my statement

thumpy bass means a bump in the frequency spectrum at the lower end ....a flat bass is just right ...not thumpy or overemphasized ......neither under-emphasized and absent ....just right.

people do like bass more thus we tend to lean towards a bass-heavy HP( that has become the norm) ...and thus by norm RE0 is considered a bass light IEM ( ....RE 0 has good bass ....jut not in quantity)

I want the bass that doesn't overpower mids and treble, simply I just want the bass quality not the bass quantity.but re0 has average soundstage this is really dissapointing.

DBA-02 and CK10 .....UM Mage .....lol.....getting high i suppose

i have been searching for OEM of DBA-02 for a while now ( ...the retail version is out of stock .....forget the OEM) ...if you can get its OEM version ....its perfect for you very natural ...great quick bass ....just right quantity ....Treoo.com (singapore ) has them in stock for S$228 ...roughly 7700

Soundstage wise DBA-02 is superior to CK10

if you want... what you want .....it will cost you !

seriously ...i have mostly heard they are easy to drive!!...even if they do need one E5 should do fine

a good dac improves the SQ ....does not it in every HP!

The DBA-002 uses Balanced Armature drivers which are much easier to drive than dynamic drivers. So you can safetly use them out of your portable player for close to 97% of their performance.

well yeah that makes sense !
get the DBA-02 without amp ....your PMP should do fine with it

and Do update us from where are you getting them.

but I think you wont get it for 7k may be it cost around 10K.But I dont know how it produce a wide soundstage if the pmp has average soundstage.which is your player.

Soundstage is mostly dependent on the IEM (..unless player is exceptionally bad)

s$228 = Rs.7800 + shipping $15 = 780 ...from treoo.com

I dont think so. player or amp has a major role in soundstage from my experience.I think we cant get the full soundstage of an iem with a player having average soundstage.am I right please advise if I am wrong

i sorta agree with strat, its def more iem dependant then player... amp + opamp's do change the sound alot more then the player... amp's can be bright or neutral or warm sounding.. only ipods have the typical ipodish sound, cant really define it but they people who own it will know what im talkin about. u switch to any other player and the tunes just sound different lol.. not necessarily in a good way. u just know its not a ipod lol

so for me id rather spend in a iem then a amp and then on a player.

^^ Yup IEMs/headphones make up the biggest difference there is. :)

I know some people spend $150 on the headphone and then $180 on a cable.

Or $400 on a headphone and $1000 for an amp + $1000 for a DAC !!! :O

any way I think I dont get any big difference in the soundstage from my clip+.may be I have to buy a good amp or a player and a good iem to get the soundstage.there are lots and lots of iem brands that we dont know and the price is very low, may be they are also good.

yeah there are lots of brands ......( damn the chinese ....god bless them) .... many have unique signature (take yuin , radius ) ....there is no best HP now ...it just boils down to best signature suited for you
and we poor people cant hope to audition all these HPs to select the best suited for us.

all we can do is to browse the net 24x7

we got to have meets more often.

Back