Other If you can afford ipad does it make sense to buy other tablet? EDIT: Bought Xperia Z

Rupinder

Disciple
very much what the title says if you can afford ipad would you buy any other tablet.
i am in the market for a tablet and i can afford ipad .so would you suggest me any other tablet . i have not owned any other apple device.
how is xperia z tablet .would you recommend it or ipad it is that i should i go for
where i can get the cheapest ipad if i go for it

Get iPad retina and you will love it.
Far better quality of apps than any android.
Hardware also is far ahead of any andfoid tablet.
Be it display or be it gfx.
Nothing beats apple's overall package.

Xperia Z tablet imo, is the best android tablet ever made. I would buy it eyes closed.

On the other hand an iPad would do the job too.

They're both really good, at the end of the day this will become an android vs iOS fight.

lol... very second psot started the andy vs ios fight...

now your choice depends on your use of the device. If you are not at all into Audio/video content creation etc which require apps like logic and stuff and want to save some cash.... just buy the Xperia z tab

+ its waterproof.
that is a big plus .... I for one am e to upgrade from my Defy to it.

Without jailbreaking ios devices are no fun and not so friendly because of itunes dependence...
If you are planning to jailbreak IPAD Is good otherwise get a good android tablet.

Just jot down the features you would want in your device first of all. Then look up the app support/availability, and lastly check out which ecosystem is going to be more suitable for you.
Personally, i do feel apple's display is indeed enticing, and has better app support.. but i dont like the lack of options one gets when tied to the Apple's appstore in terms of devices. The tablet market is still in its early days and hope more android based tablets will show up, just like the phones to give the consumer more options.

Apps gen show up on appstore earlier but nothing like you have to wait for eternity for them to come up on playstore. Moreover, the way apple gen behaves with the customers telling them how to use the products which they have purchased.. thank you very much.

If you have the cash, it doesnt mean you have to go for some brand which people root for like crazy just cuz it has been playing its game of marketing to the tilt.

Without jailbreaking ios devices are no fun and not so friendly because of itunes dependence...
If you are planning to jailbreak IPAD Is good otherwise get a good android tablet.

Errr how does jailbreaking help deny itunes reliance?
And frankly what itunes reliance are you talking about? What does an ipad rely on itunes for?
Backups- icloud
Music - itunes on your ipad itself takes care of that. Your other files can be synced wirelessly
Movies - o player itself can play even 1080 p files on stock formats.
Airvideo streams 1080 p files with ease.

Infact itunes works kinda in the background for me. Whenever i turn on.my pc it syncs and copies all of my files and i dont even get a nift of it.

iPad is good at Gaming and no other tablet touches iPad in that department and have loads of tablet specific apps made just for iPad. The problem is non expandable storage and closed environment outside iOS. If you are used to Android phone then you might not like iPad. If on the other hand you root your Android device then you will love iPad.

Edit: If you are iPhone user then we wont be having this conversation.

ok i have never used an apple device .but i am enticed by the retina display and the smooth ios.
so now stuck between ipad 4 and xperia z tablet.
so will appreciate you help
main use will be playing movies ,games ,surfing net and playing my flac collection in my car by connecting it directly to the rockford fosgate 360.2 processor

I think you have to get a paid app to play FLAC audio. Not sure about it though, is it natively supported yet?

Simple: NO, because once you get an iPad 'x', few months down the line there will be an iPad 'x+1' with the exact features that seemed to be missing, which goes into an infinite loop. Apple is already among the most cash rich organizations anywhere, and that is a good enough reason to start with.

Back