PC Peripherals I'm getting the DFI NF4 Ultra-D!!!!!!!!!

zhopudey

Skilled
( Note to mods - I've posted this here cause i've questions about RAM and HSF )

Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!

I asked my friend in the US, and he said he can get the mobo, cpu, ram and heatsink for me :hap2: :clap: :hap2:

So i've asked him to get the DFI nf4 Ultra-D, and 3200+ Venice.

Do you know if the current batch of boards can be modded to SLI?

Now, which RAM should I go for? OCZ? Which of these would be better?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&MaxPrice=150&SubCategory=147&Submit=Property

Also, which HSF to go for? Gigabyte G-Power, xp-90, Venus 12 ???
These fit in budget -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...e=&MaxPrice=40&SubCategory=62&Submit=Property

It has to look good as well, cause I'll be going for a case window, or making one myself...

Ohhh, I'm so excited :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Congrats :clap:

Hey...confirm the proccy ehre itself and get something else...

get a XP-90 HSF and a 92mm fan.....

if u want to OC, get the OCZ RAMs with winbond chips...darky has them and it does 2-2-2-8 at 266MHz FSB!!! at 3.7V....

else, the Geil DDR500 RAMs @ $135 odd...must be TCC4 chips

HSF I would say Gigabyte G power pro is pretty good. Ram, you can check if OCZ value series are available.
Also since you are getting stuff from US, consider a Logitech MX 310 for 20$ too, seems an awesome price for a mouse which cost 2.3k here in Mumbai.

Go for the DFI Lanparty Ultra-D board and a Venice 3000+. The prices on 3200VX RAM have plummetted and are down to <150$. I'd grab that. For the HSF, grab an XP90 with any good cfm fan of ur choice.

@Aces: Mouse prices it seems are down. The MX518 is can be had for 2.5K. I believe darky got one!

And You really are a lucky *bleep* *bleep*.

DAMN LUCKY!!!!! I dreamt abt this sooo much. Building my system from the US.

And as Chaos said, the 3000+ will save you money...... And it will overclock almost the same as a 3200+. The only difference is that one multiplier is locked.

But if you have a look around TE, most of the best oc's are on 3000+s.

Nikhil posted 1.02 minutes later:

@ Aces ---- I find Rashi to be bunch of cheats.

And Zhopudey ---- go for OCZ VX. They are the best for DFI. Don't hesitate....

Really, I can go for 3000+ ? That would be awesome!!!!!!!! Cause my 1st pc was Athlon 1Ghz, then upgraded to AthlonXp 2Ghz. So would be nice to have 3Ghz now :)

Will probably go for the mouse also. But not if its for 2.5k here...

hehehehe i cant stop smiling.... :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah: :eek:hyeah:

Unable to decide on fan.... Checked the thermaltake 90mm blue led fan, one review says this
Good for Case, NOT for CPU.

Put this on an XP90 to cool down my A643200 winchester. In a nutshell, the STOCK fan that came with the XP90 cooled it 4-5 c better than this fan. It has a pretty big dead spot which makes it unsuitable for CPU cooling. Works great for Case applications though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811999121

I might grab a couple of these for the cabinet, but what do I buy for the cpu?

i thot theres a version of the xp 90 that does come bundled with a fan ? comes in those plastic cover with the cardboard backing instead of the usual brown box.

funkymonkey said:
not that i have heard off.
The XP-90 copycat Gigabyte G power comes with the fan.
yup but its a proprietory one. so if it dies, the hsf is a gonner. Best to get two fans. one loud with lots of airflow and another one thats silent ;).

bottle said:
i thot theres a version of the xp 90 that does come bundled with a fan ? comes in those plastic cover with the cardboard backing instead of the usual brown box.

Bottle is correct !

There's a retail version of xp-90 that comes in a bubble pack with a 35dBA / 45 CFM Thermalright fan.

But yeah, get a second high CFM fan if you can, especially if you plan on oc-ing.

Back