PC Peripherals I'm getting the DFI NF4 Ultra-D!!!!!!!!!

Rockyme2002 said:
BTw a new DFI- board is also out Smethng like nforce4 D....u mite wanna check it out too :)

Just saw that..has nForce4 chipset (non ultra). But everything is same. I read in reviews that all these mobos ( nf4/Ultra/SLI) are based on same pcb, and hopefully should have same OCing capabilties.

Newegg has this board for $122...maybe i'll go for this.

zhopudey posted 5.75 minutes later:

Chaos said:
BTW if you are heading in the DFI direction, be sure to visit dfi-street once before you buy so that you do know about certain issues that the board is facing. Lately there have been too many cases of UTT death on the LP NF4 series. Of course most probably the RAM itself is to blame but it does raise a few questions about running high VDIMM rams on the DFI NF4 boards.

Huh??? Guess much more research is required before buying. :S

If theres some risk factor involved, i'll just get the A8N-E and live happily ever after...

Lately there have been too many cases of UTT death on the LP NF4 series. Of course most probably the RAM itself is to blame but it does raise a few questions about running high VDIMM rams on the DFI NF4 boards.
What Chaos said is true, but you need to consider this aspect ONLY if you are getting Winbond UTT based memory like OCZ Gold VX and are going to be pumping in 3.2v and above to the memory.
If you dont intend to do any such thing, you needn't worry :)

Btw if ur getting this board nd ram which needs above 3.3V u mite wanna head to dfi-street, they hav sme techniques on how u can sort out the blowing up ram issues :no:

theres a sticky on tht :clap: nd loads of othr stuff u mite wanna check out if u get tht board

Crazy_Eddy said:
What Chaos said is true, but you need to consider this aspect ONLY if you are getting Winbond UTT based memory like OCZ Gold VX and are going to be pumping in 3.2v and above to the memory.
If you dont intend to do any such thing, you needn't worry :)

I was planning to get OCZ Gold VX. I understand that the USP of this board is the 4V vdimm. So if i'm not making use of that,(>3v at least) no need to go for this board. I read in a nf4 group test somewhere that the gigabyte is faster at stock speeds.
NEways, will check dfi-street, and come back with more queries later.

Gigabyte mobos ahve one of the best features there, I thinks thats the only board offering the new revision Firewire slots... They are very stable too, they OC medicorely

zhopudey said:
Now, if I keep vdimm<3V, what advantages does dfi have over the others? (mainly a8n-8 and neo4 P)
Better overclockability, dual PCI-E slots, dual gigabit lan(neo4 also has it). There should be no issues with the DFI board if ur using the 3.3V jumper.

sorry for going offtopic, but sunny, i never said i was gonna keep it.. all i said was i am tempted to keep it. besides i had told u that i wud sell it to ya only after i have tested it first..

going thru the replies here has worked me up :D.. i think i'll finally install the DFI today n see what the fuss is all about ;)

TheMask posted 2.17 minutes later:

Chaos said:
Better overclockability, dual PCI-E slots, dual gigabit lan(neo4 also has it). There should be no issues with the DFI board if ur using the 3.3V jumper.

not ot mention tons of info available on the net related to almost every aspect of the board. This may not seem to be that big a thing, but it is. I have been looking for reviews/opinions on A8NE and BIOS for my board for a while and there dont seem to be enough info.. its frustrating at times.. :D

TheMask said:
sorry for going offtopic, but sunny, i never said i was gonna keep it.. all i said was i am tempted to keep it. besides i had told u that i wud sell it to ya only after i have tested it first..
going thru the replies here has worked me up :D.. i think i'll finally install the DFI today n see what the fuss is all about ;)
Good. but i suggest you first update the bios to the official 3.10 from the dfi website. it is the most stable.

Rockyme2002 said:
@DJ
well the 3/16 wud b the best AFAIK..... :)

but look out for the 5/10 tooo........lots of thngs fixed in thm;)

any heads up on which revision (is the best) for TCC5 n which one for UTT? :eek:hyeah:

@Masky,
first flash to the 3.10 bios. check out the systems features , stability, etc ... for a day or two (run all the benchies like memtest , prime etc ... multiple times)

Then upgrade to the "beta" bios (5 /10- xx) of your choice.

Darklord said:
Yes i got the Logitech MX 518 mouse for 2600/- all inclusive.

Even Apollyon got it along with me.

I checked locally, Cant seem to find any :huh: . Is this Rashi peripherals price?
Mask what CPU are you using that board with?

Back