Budget Above 40k Import Pixel 5a 5g to India ?

eraviii

Disciple
I am planning to Get the Pixel 5a 5g unlocked version and use it here, Need your suggestions does it support here though its unlocked.

Its at 449$ = 34k or if any other phones under 50k worth getting it from US please let me know , i will consider those options as well.

As of now my eyes are on Pixel 5a 5g , the pixel 6 will be better but it ain't gonna be cheap.. I am so done with these Oneplus , Samsung Phones.

Apple Eco system is scary, drains my wallet never stepping into that. Thanks :)

How about 4a which is available here? They are almost identical
Battery is more in 5a that is why i am considering it.

Buying through Google Fi requires some kind of address proof or documents right?
Fi yes but Fi works in US only, Cellular wise i have to go with Unlocked version .
You can get the P5a for USD 216 - from Google Fi.

One reason why I asked here : https://techenclave.com/threads/pixel-5a-bought-in-usa-will-it-work-here.200416/
Google Fi works or supported as of now only is US and other parts. I would like to use my airtel sim here Fi is like locked version carrier type. Only Unlocked works as per my knowledge.

First step to right path, ditching comical Samsung and whatever OnePlus is. However, please be aware of the hardware problems pertaining to Pixels. Their longevity remains a problem. Hence if you plan to use the phone in long term, 2+ years or so, then please be informed of the same. But yes, experience with the Pixels is so sublime that even these problems we look over, at times. If I were you, I would wait a year, wait for the P6 price to drop then grab that. 5 years support is something to look for. I bet they plan to improve the QC from P6 that's the only way they have confidence of providing such long software support.

Now regarding your query, yes, an unlocked phone will absolutely fine here. However, I cannot confirm about all these different and region specific 5G bands. Do not care about them at the slightest.

Hope u have factored in the 78% import charge on mobiles to India as well. The after-sales service of the Pixels is a big issue. You have their official partner B2X which does the servicing but they just rip you off with their astronomical charges. My pixel 3a xl is gathering dust in a drawer after it accidentally fell off from the table. The display went off and I couldn't find any in any of the local mobile shops. When i contacted B2X they sent over a guy and after looking at the phone he said it will cost me 24k to get it fully functional.. I thanked him and refused his offer.

The pixel 5a 5g is anyways going to be launched in India in Sept. If not, you could get the Pixel 6 after some months so that you get full 5 yrs support. Alternatively, as someone suggested 4a is your best et.. Its compact and you can operate using one hand albeit it doesn't come with the ultrawide lens.

Their QC experience is quite telling.
That is my major gripe with pixel line. They have got awesome cameras with decent enough software experience, I mean in India they are like Samsungs with their price and feature combination but without Samsung's after sale support.
Motorola edge 20 and a gcam
Have there been any reviews of edge 20's camera?

Hope u have factored in the 78% import charge on mobiles to India as well. The after-sales service of the Pixels is a big issue. You have their official partner B2X which does the servicing but they just rip you off with their astronomical charges. My pixel 3a xl is gathering dust in a drawer after it accidentally fell off from the table. The display went off and I couldn't find any in any of the local mobile shops. When i contacted B2X they sent over a guy and after looking at the phone he said it will cost me 24k to get it fully functional.. I thanked him and refused his offer.

The pixel 5a 5g is anyways going to be launched in India in Sept. If not, you could get the Pixel 6 after some months so that you get full 5 yrs support. Alternatively, as someone suggested 4a is your best et.. Its compact and you can operate using one hand albeit it doesn't come with the ultrawide lens.

Launched in September? Where did you read that?

Google it and you'll know. Its expected to be launched in India in Sept same like Pixel 4a was launched in Sept last year.
I came across an ARS Technica article that stated it is not going to be launched in India.

Quoting the article here, "...India is no longer listed on the Pixel device availability page and obviously isn't in the cards for the Pixel 5a." Of course the device availability page does not state India for 4a either but since the device is no longer sold though an official retailer (RetailNet) now on, I think, Google has officially discontinued 4a sales in India.

4a is still
I came across an ARS Technica article that stated it is not going to be launched in India.

Quoting the article here, "...India is no longer listed on the Pixel device availability page and obviously isn't in the cards for the Pixel 5a." Of course the device availability page does not state India for 4a either but since the device is no longer sold though an official retailer (RetailNet) now on, I think, Google has officially discontinued 4a sales in India.
4a is still sold on Flipkart and Amazon for 29.9k ... Amazon even has the 4a 5g listed for 42k.... As for the 5a launch, it is rumoured(expected) to launch in sept... In any case, the service of the pixels is a major concern... Recent Reports show that 5a is not an easy device to get repaired...which means if accidentally dropped, its kaboom !!!

The 4a 5g is a turd when it comes to battery. The 5g would drain the battery and my friend would switch on airplane mode to conserve battery. He sold it and got an iPhone. My friend is in UK.
Not sure why you are bringing up fruity phones in this thread which by the way are the worst culprits for battery life and slow charging, when the op has clearly mentioned

Not sure why you are bringing up fruity phones in this thread which by the way are the worst culprits for battery life and slow charging, when the op has clearly mentioned

Duh!! I was not even replying to you. My post was meant for the one posted above me and also sharing the experience why 4a 5g is a bad phone.
And what is a fruity phone? The ones which runs on mango frooty??

Back