CPU/Mobo In search of a decent Z77 Board

Darklord-
Please check this and i hope it helps. :) You being one of my bestest TE gurus, i needn't tell you what to look for. :hail:
SuperPi32m 5Ghz Ivy All Out Challenge!

P.S. ROG memory presets and T-Topology FTW!!
Looking Detail Baby Monster "ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE"
ASUS New DDR3 T-Topology Design On Z77, H77 Motherboards - Republic of Gamers

Thanks for the inputs bikey. Picked up Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 for time being. Will use it with the 2320. Plan is to wait for a Full ATX ROG Z77 board to launch. Once that happens, will pick it along with 3770K or if Intel launches a better bin chip that time.

Darklord-
Please check this and i hope it helps. :) You being one of my bestest TE gurus, i needn't tell you what to look for. :hail:
SuperPi32m 5Ghz Ivy All Out Challenge!

P.S. ROG memory presets and T-Topology FTW!!
Looking Detail Baby Monster "ASUS MAXIMUS V GENE"
ASUS New DDR3 T-Topology Design On Z77, H77 Motherboards - Republic of Gamers

Bikey naughty boy, I see what you did there....

ANyway for anyone looking for a good Z77 board, the buck stops at the M5 Gene. And if you can wait longer, then the M5 Formula. The Gene is a beast of a board and I have been running it for the last week or so and am extremly pleased with the performance and features.

Do note that full tax rot will cost around 30k or so. If you want to spend 50k on a CPU plus Mobo, rather spend another 10-15k and go 2011 with 3930k

Buy in this order:

Performance:
Asrock Extreme 6 or higher model
Asrock Extreme 6
Asus Pro
Asus Vanilla
MSI GD65
Gigabyte UD5H
Gigabyte UD3H

MSI and Asrock don't have wifi, so that might be a problem for some.

In terms of VFM
Asrock Extreme 6
MSI GD65
Asus V/Pro
Gigabyte

Gigabyte still has lots of issues with its Z77 mobos and the P67/Z68 mobos too had lots of issues. So this is not the time to go for Gigabyte.

If you have to go for Wifi, then go for Asus. Otherwise Asrock. If you want a cheap solution which is practically as good, then Asrock or MSI.

The best overclockers are Asus and Asrock, Asrock being a bit better comparing to mid level Asus mobos, though Asus Dlx might be comparable/a bit better.

IMO go for Asrock eyes closed.

If you want the most expensive mobo around, get Asrock now and wait for ROG ATX which will cost 30-35k. In that case you should go 3930k + X79 instead which too can be had for 50-60k CPU + Mb.

Alright, ended the dilemma finally.
Ordered Asus P8Z77 - V Pro for 16,500/-
Should get it tomorrow, hopefully. Keeping fingers crossed. :)

Can anyone help me source a mini itx H61/H67/H77 motherboard for my HTPC? I'm finding it almost impossible to find one. Bikey/Darky help :p. Budget is not a constraint. The only constraint is that it has to fit in my Antec ISK 310.

the vpro asus z77 has some sound issues ,only the asus z77 deluxe and sabretooth use realtek sound controllers,more it doesn't have a dr debug[diagnosticproblem analyser of mob],or reset or power on buttons in the mobo,nor does it clear cmos button stick out through i/o sheild,

Can anyone help me source a mini itx H61/H67/H77 motherboard for my HTPC? I'm finding it almost impossible to find one. Bikey/Darky help :p. Budget is not a constraint. The only constraint is that it has to fit in my Antec ISK 310.
I like that. :D
I'm aware of the Z77-I deluxe board. But its not available anywhere :(.
@Chaos
... yet, i.e. How many do you want, dada? :p (Maybe we can try for a GO, like the old days?)
Chaos
harass bikey :p
Always available, in the (secret) service of my friends, be it TE or others. :)

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------
what is the difference btw Asus P8Z77 - V and Asus P8Z77 - V Pro
there is 2k diff btw them...

If I am not mistaken, the Pro has 12 phase power compared to 8 in the non Pro. Apart from that almost everything looks same.
Mainly,
12+4+2 in P8Z77-V PRO, 8+4+2 in P8Z77-V (16+4+2 in P8Z77-V DELUXE).
8x USB 3.0 in V PRO, 6x USB 3.0 in V.

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Bikey naughty boy, I see what you did there.....
mav2000
sir, what did i do...

Last edited by a moderator:
about the audio problem asus z77vpro uses
All boards, except for the Deluxe, have a Realtek ALC892 audio codec, which as we have mentioned does not have exceptional audio quality. The Deluxe uses the relatively superior Realtek ALC898. On both the Pro and the Deluxe we find the DTS UltraPC II audio enhancement software, that makes it possible to get surround sound by connecting just one digital cable via DTS Connect.
20 Intel Z77 motherboards reviewed and compared | Hardware.Info United Kingdom

about the audio problem asus z77vpro uses
All boards, except for the Deluxe, have a Realtek ALC892 audio codec, which as we have mentioned does not have exceptional audio quality. The Deluxe uses the relatively superior Realtek ALC898. On both the Pro and the Deluxe we find the DTS UltraPC II audio enhancement software, that makes it possible to get surround sound by connecting just one digital cable via DTS Connect.
20 Intel Z77 motherboards reviewed and compared | Hardware.Info United Kingdom

How is that a problem ? It is a common thing that Motherboard manufacturers use cheaper audio codecs in value boards and better ones in the more expensive models. That's why we see that the Maximus V Geve has that Supreme FX thing and not a realtek codec.

Back