CPU/Mobo In search of a decent Z77 Board

lol,

1. I had already bought the Asus board and didn't know about Asrock's quality that time.

2. If you can afford to spend 23k on a mobo, Asus isn't much worse than Asrock's top like which is 15-16k or so.
But you won't get anything extra, if you have that kind of money you can also consider Asus but then 16k shouldn't be a hard budget for you.

3. Asrock's top mobo probably not available with SMC either.

4. I needed onboard wifi and didn't mind spending extra 10 grands for that luxury. Again, you can only speak when you too spend that way. Then you should go for the top of the line, where too Asus is a close second.
In OP's budget Asrock Extreme6 is the best and GD65 is second. The 15k Asus board doesn't beat the Asrock is anyway and is more often than not beat by it. The MSI mobo is a bit worse than the other two. But Asus is costly so if money has value for you, it makes no sense. If you want wifi and money is no object, go straight for Asrock top end or Asus top end.

I honestly recommend Asrock, till Z68 Asus was the king. But any review will show that Asrock is better than Asus with Z77, even for overclocking, performance, lower volts required etc.

Go Extreme6.

These new Asrock boards are feature rich, I dont deny that,they may be decent in overclocking too BUT still I wouldnt be comfortable having one in my Main PC where I need stability. Having had the opportunity to use different brands of boards till date, I can say from whatever experience I have is that smaller or newer companies launch killer OC friendly boards but in the long run they do not prove to be that stable and always have some minor issues which sometimes become very annoying. In this regard my experience with Asus, Gigabyte and MSI has been more trouble free.
Asus being one of the oldest players has an advantage in terms of popularity and that's what they cash in on. In my opinion the last rock solid board that came out from Asus was A7N8X Deluxe, legendary board. compared to that The M4A79T-Deluxe that I used for while was the most pathetic in terms of build quality.
In that sense Gigabyte has in my opinion the best build quality which was proven when even after unending abuse, my 790FXT- UD5 STILL works flawlessly without any quirks. Looks like newer gen MSI boards too are following the same route, high quality components with a thick PCB which make a lot of difference.
Other than these there were IIRC 3 boards which made a lasting impression on me, DFi NF4 Ultra-D, Foxconn MARS, EVGA Classified. The last two were the brainchild of Shamino so they had to be KICKASS.
Now I guess you guys must have realized why am I finding it so difficult to try that Asrock as my Main PC board. Had it been for benching, would have picked it up already. :)

z77 for browsing, hd movies and music?

you should go for top end x79 mobo and intel 3960x for your requirement.

Thats how it is. I know its not needed but then old habits die hard :D

I would recommend either the ASRock Z77 Extreme6 or MSI Z77A-GD65. Which Mid-Range Z77 Board Should You Buy? : Six $160-220 Z77 Motherboards, Benchmarked And Reviewed

The Z77 Extreme6 looks a bit better than the Z77A-GD65 but then ASRock's bios is ugly compared to MSI's ClickBios II. By the way, ASRock is apparently the third largest motherboard manufacturer now so I doubt stability would be an issue. ASRock Third Largest Motherboard Vendor | techPowerUp

Besides both motherboards have 3 years warranty and warranty for both is provided by Digicare. http://digicare.in/rma.html

I think you should buy the MSI Z77A-GD65 only if you find it for 13500 or less. Otherwise it would be best to buy the Z77 Extreme6 which should be 12500 if you buy from mediaman.co.in. So far I have only seen the Z77A-GD65 at hardwire.in and it's overpriced right now. They initially listed it for 13450 if I remember correctly but it wasn't in stock then. Now that it's in stock they have increased price to 15650.

z77 for browsing, hd movies and music?

you should go for top end x79 mobo and intel 3960x for your requirement.
Spot on, my other mastah. :lol:
Rampage IV Extreme and i7-3960X with GTX690 SLI it is and it's more than ATX too in size. :p

#Darklord
will use i5-2320. :O But still want Z77, ATX, features. Then you may consider these- P8Z77-V LE, P8Z77-V PRO, P8Z77-V DELUXE. :)
(or wait for P8Z77-V PREMIUM :drool2: , Maximus V Formula/Extreme. :p
But i kid you not, even the ROG microATX mobos like M4GZ, M5G are equally great at being Barbie or like that GIJoe/Chucky doll, depends on the use/user :p
All ROG boards are extensively grilled/designed by Shamino and other top OCers along with ASUS R&D. You might know that Shamino is now in ASUS R&D, since 2010 IIRC)

Where? I am talking of Flikart and SMC pricing. You are talking of one cheapest shop in the country. But not average market price.

asrock z 77 extreme 4 @hardwire.in-10500/also check in primeabgb-if you need wifi and blue tooth -blue tooth usb dongle700(asus) and wifi usb dongle(1500)belkin

i am posting a few pics of my asrock z77 extrme 6 mobo

mousegift.jpg
mobo2n.jpg
mobo1b.jpg
cpu2vi.jpg
cpu1v.jpg

mobo10.jpg
mobo9.jpg
mobo4i.jpg
mobo7.jpg
mobo3r.jpg

asrock z 77 extreme 4 @hardwire.in-10500/also check in primeabgb-if you need wifi and blue tooth -blue tooth usb dongle700(asus) and wifi usb dongle(1500)belkin
You have posted pictures of the Extreme6. Where did you get it from and how much did you pay for it ?

Spot on, my other mastah. :lol:
Rampage IV Extreme and i7-3960X with GTX690 SLI it is and it's more than ATX too in size. :p

#Darklord
will use i5-2320. :O But still want Z77, ATX, features. Then you may consider these- P8Z77-V LE, P8Z77-V PRO, P8Z77-V DELUXE. :)
(or wait for P8Z77-V PREMIUM :drool2: , Maximus V Formula/Extreme. :p
But i kid you not, even the ROG microATX mobos like M4GZ, M5G are equally great at being Barbie or like that GIJoe/Chucky doll, depends on the use/user :p
All ROG boards are extensively grilled/designed by Shamino and other top OCers along with ASUS R&D. You might know that Shamino is now in ASUS R&D, since 2010 IIRC)
Interesting,very interesting! I didn't know that Shamino doesn't work for EVGA anymore but does for Asus!
Looks like its time to turn back to original love, Asus :p

Asus being one of the oldest players has an advantage in terms of popularity and that's what they cash in on. In my opinion the last rock solid board that came out from Asus was A7N8X Deluxe, legendary board.

Agreed Mate the above along with A7N8X-X (which I am still using after 8 years :ashamed:) and it's been Rock-Solid

Back