Income Tax ITR Verification

Hi All,

I have a query related to ITR Verification, when filing returns, I usually file my own returns with a little help from ClearTax automated filling system, so this year I filed my return and on trying to submit it, it told me I have to pay 27k tax, I thought ok, and paid the taxes and submitted it, but then I checked and it seems I did not select the New regime, under new regime I would not have to pay the 27k tax, so I do not do ITR Verification for the filed return and file a new revised return quoting the earlier ITR details and submit and even complete the ITR Verification for it. Everything works out super fine I even get back the tax I paid as refund.

Problem, I'm still receiving notifications to perform ITR Verification for the original return, so now I wanted to know whether I should perform the verification for it or it is ok to not.

Any inputs would be appreciated, I'm not from tax background and have no one to check with.

Hi All,

I have a query related to ITR Verification, when filing returns, I usually file my own returns with a little help from ClearTax automated filling system, so this year I filed my return and on trying to submit it, it told me I have to pay 27k tax, I thought ok, and paid the taxes and submitted it, but then I checked and it seems I did not select the New regime, under new regime I would not have to pay the 27k tax, so I do not do ITR Verification for the filed return and file a new revised return quoting the earlier ITR details and submit and even complete the ITR Verification for it. Everything works out super fine I even get back the tax I paid as refund.

Problem, I'm still receiving notifications to perform ITR Verification for the original return, so now I wanted to know whether I should perform the verification for it or it is ok to not.

Any inputs would be appreciated, I'm not from tax background and have no one to check with.
Ignore the message if you have their acknowledgement emails/sms etc.

Back