Increase in bandwidth for Airtel...

psynaps3

Disciple
Hi,

Not sure if you people are already aware of this... but Airtel has recently increased the bandwidth for 128kbps unlimited users to 256, keeping the same tarrif of 750 per month (This is in AP). I've been hearing that there is also going to be a plan out for 512 kbps unld @ 1k per month.

To active the free upgrade, you need to contact their CC. After which, you will have to send a mail to care.ap at airteltelephone dot com... it took around 2 days for me to get the plan changed... and i've confirmed with the CC that there is no change in tarrif. It looks as if they are waiting to announce these change in plans after a while :S

Happy surfing...

ya mine was 498 plan with 256kb's but nw airtel is trying to migrate all the users with this plan to 750 plan[256kb unlimited]...
there r lots of plans now...u get the info from customer care....:D :hap2:

few of my frenz here in Indore are on Airtel home 64 UL....their usual d'load speed is 6-8 Kbs...but from last 3 days...they are gettin real high speeds..better then my tata 256 UL :S...they are gettin ****in 60+ d'load speeds...

But i dnt think this is due to any upgrade...coz if it was an upgrade ...then their upload speeds will also get changed......but their uploads are same old 7-8 kbs...

but what ever this may be..they sure are njoi'n leechin :p

^call them up..it's there,,,

in Karnataka , 750 for 256 day & night UN incl modem rental excl tax..:)

u have to call up CC , the cc rep also told some dec 25th as deadline for this plan...

maybe they have some new plans in pipe..which they might unveil on new year..:)

checksum said:
Airtel users in the southern region get nothing :mad:

True. They have been ignoring the south completely :mad: .

super_saiyan said:
^call them up..it's there,,,
in Karnataka , 750 for 256 day & night UN incl modem rental excl tax..:)

u have to call up CC , the cc rep also told some dec 25th as deadline for this plan...
maybe they have some new plans in pipe..which they might unveil on new year..:)

Oh..I didn't know this. Will do this ASAP. This or 512KB UL @ 1K per month. Is the 512K UL @ 1K avbl? This would be better IMO.

Plans that have been confirmed :=
If you are currently on the 900/256kb u get a bump in speed to 384 kbps
If you are on the 700/128kb u get a 100% boost to your speeds (256)
512kb/s is at 1499

Plans are confirmed only for Bangalore. Must call CC to activate the plans. Deadline is on the 21st of December. Good Luck and happy downloading ~ ~

^^^ Err sorry but forgot to mention that i only cared to ask for unlimited plans ~ ~ So all the above are for unlimited. And i forgot to ask them about night time top up featuers ~ ~

Speed increase to 384k for 256k users is a good one :) i knew that airtel would not be offering 512k UL for 1000 bucks a month. Maybe next year. I am going to contact airtel CC in chennai, and will get back with the details

Guys, why do you use Airtel????
MTNL gives 2mbps+1.25GB monthly download limit+night unlimited @ Rs 749 in Delhi and 8XX in Mumbai.
In rest of the India, BSNL is even one up on the MTNL.
Why stuck with 256kbps or 512kbps when you can cruise at 2mbps (see my sig below)
Half-Life 2 demo (over 700MB) took me less than 50 mins to download :tongue:

morgoth said:
Guys, why do you use Airtel????

MTNL gives 2mbps+1.25GB monthly download limit+night unlimited @ Rs 749 in Delhi and 8XX in Mumbai.

In rest of the India, BSNL is even one up on the MTNL.

Why stuck with 256kbps or 512kbps when you can cruise at 2mbps (see my sig below)

Half-Life 2 demo (over 700MB) took me less than 50 mins to download :tongue:

overcharging,non existent customer service(bsnl anyway)...waiting time of two months for the connection...not all of them can wake up in the middle of the night to start downloading...and wts the upload speed u guys get??

indrajeet1811 said:
overcharging,non existent customer service(bsnl anyway)...waiting time of two months for the connection...not all of them can wake up in the middle of the night to start downloading...and wts the upload speed u guys get??

totally true

not all can schedule it and what if when the download starts u dont get any seeders itself

u have to rule out private trackers as the upload speed is so shit that u hardly upload 10% of what u download

so in some time even private trackers will ban u

indrajeet1811 said:

Overcharging???? I don't see any. The rates are dirt cheap (as compared to Airtel, TATA rates) for both MTNL and BSNL.
Non-Existent customer care: well you are quite right here. But I will tell you my experience. If you are going to deal with 1500/1504 chaps, you will soon be beating your head against walls. They are plain incompetent and downright lazy chaps who are part of some call centre and not direct employees of MTNL or BSNL. But deal directly with MTNL officials and you will be in for a pleasant surprise. If you have any complain just call up your area manager or even area GM and your problems will be taken care of at earliest. The officials, even top ones, are quite accessible.

not all of them can wake up in the middle of the night to start downloading: get 256kbps DL/UL (equal bandwidth) unlimited for around 900 bucks. Show me any better unlimited plans from Airtel or for that matter any other ISP.

and wts the upload speed u guys get: Yes the dl/ul for all the plans having 2mbps is pathetic as we get a max upload of 256kbps. But 256kbps u/l is quite ok for general use. As for torrents you can always seed when you are on unlimited usage plan.

Look buddy MTNL/BSNL plans also have their problems. It's not that they are just out of this world. We are in India guys where ISPs believe they have a license to leech their customers. But honestly, when you compare MTNL and BSNL to other ISPs they provide more affordable and faster connectivity than anyone else.
What a pity that it is the private ISPs that are leeching us with unreasonable plans???? Private ISPs are supposed to cut costs and offer better products. They are supposed to increase competition and provide alternatives to the customer and not leach them.
Just look around on Internet and you will understand the kind of exorbitant money that we pay to get crap connections. Even China is better in price/speed ratio than us and we are here talking about IT revolution in India. :mad:

ultimabasher said:
totally true

not all can schedule it and what if when the download starts u dont get any seeders itself

u have to rule out private trackers as the upload speed is so shit that u hardly upload 10% of what u download

so in some time even private trackers will ban u

No one will ban you if you seed your torrents. When you are unlimited usage you can easily do this.

Back