Increasing costs for GPRS packs

Aircel has best 2G and 3G Plans among all operators. I'm using Aircel 2G which offers Unlimited data for Rs 98. For 3G, Rs 127 pack gives 1GB with one month validity .

Although the data allowances have been decreased, do you guys actually use more than 700-800 MB on 2G. On 3G I agree its totally different, but on 2G I have data switched on 24/7 and I just use 300-500 MB max a month. Ofcourse the usage pattern varies person to person, but I just wanted to get an idea on the average data usage.

Although the data allowances have been decreased, do you guys actually use more than 700-800 MB on 2G. On 3G I agree its totally different, but on 2G I have data switched on 24/7 and I just use 300-500 MB max a month. Ofcourse the usage pattern varies person to person, but I just wanted to get an idea on the average data usage.

I think where it gets stupid is when operators cut down on the validity. Like for example, the 30-day validity is cut down to 21-days apart from jacking up the rates !

Its not about how much data is being used. Its about providing a plan, deciding on a quantum of limit and then be sticking to it. Else how ll we measure the growth/progress of internet standard here?
These companies are running something akin to a 'Raashan Ki Dukaan' and looting the consumers by fluctuating the prices/adultration as per their whims.

I normally use like 3.5GB of data per month average.

I normally use like 3.5GB of data per month average.

Is it on 2G and entirely on the phone?

On 3G I agree, the usage will be more owing to the better latency and speeds, but on 2G I don't even feel like watching a video or anything bandwidth intensive.

Is it on 2G and entirely on the phone?

On 3G I agree, the usage will be more owing to the better latency and speeds, but on 2G I don't even feel like watching a video or anything bandwidth intensive.

Yes 2G and entirely on my laptop. I use it for basic browsing, downloading songs and streaming youtube videos.

Does anyone knows the best pack for Airtel i tried the 7 day 125MB but after 2-3 Pm the internet would struggle to work , let me know the plan.

BTW guys you do know a 300MB 3G vodafone pack works on 2G as well so you dont loose data/battery very fast. Voda service is very good so you can switch to 3G when ever you want . I have an aircel also and prefer the 500mb 3G pack @128. But yes SMS tariff is one thing that concerns me ... Just this week I wrote a mail to aircel stating the incomplete package details of SMS packs in Kolkata circle to which they replied that according to TRAI the plans have been changed . I was to get 3000 L/N SMS but instead got 300A2O and 2700A2A SMS which I didnt want anyway will move back to Voda for the time being . But yes after the SMS tariff is somewhat affordable then will move to aircel as its a much cheaper option and connectivity(3G) is pretty good .

^yes i guess in most 3G packs, they work on edge without any separate charges. The 3G connection in my office cubicle is bad so I use my phone on edge only and turn on 3G only when needed and mostly when I am outside my office building.

^yes i guess in most 3G packs, they work on edge without any separate charges. The 3G connection in my office cubicle is bad so I use my phone on edge only and turn on 3G only when needed and mostly when I am outside my office building.

I do the same and it also turns out to be a huge battery saver !

Bsnl is better in this part. At least they allows you to use 2G data plan on 3G network with speed cap of 128 kbps.
trust me this cap is quite good due to lower latencies on 3g network.
Browsing,frequent whatsapp media downloading etc. makes overall experience pretty good.
I am 89 rs postpaid plan with 1.25 gb datacap.
Which other providers provide same facility ?

Is Aircel network good in Mumbai ?

- - - Updated - - -

Have been trying to activate the Monthly 125 plan it says Sorry unable to process request

I used docomo 3G for couple of months in Pune. Speeds were amazing 7mbps on pantech. Later on switched to 2G with great plan. 5GB 2G for 60 days for 155 Rs. Used up 4gb last month (on 2G) just for browsing and little downloading files upto 90MB. Happy with the speed.

1650 UL 3G data on MTNL Delhi connection. Free data roaming as well. Using since a year or so. Gives a peak of 400-500 kBps while downloading (3.6 Mbps). Speeds go down a bit in the evening i.e. from 6pm to 00 hrs.

Back