India's Tour of Australia - 2011

Bluffmaster

Skilled
So, how many of you are watching the Boxing day test match? A great comeback from India when they were looking down and out. The result is too early to predict but we have a game on if they are able to bowl Australia out below 300. The score as I type this is : Australia 1st Innings - 244/6.

The absence of UDRS worked in favor of India this time. Although, I support the implementation of UDRS but lets admit it, The Hot Spot is completely useless. Even the Snick-o-meter is better than Hotspot, but I am surprised that a better technology for detecting nicks hasn't been invented as yet. It cannot be that hard. How about installing a chip in every bat to detect edges?

Well, Lets hope for a great series. This is as good a chance India is going to get to defeat Australia on its home soil.

As I write this, the 7th wicket partnership is already 30. Hope India is able to wrap up the tail with the new ball. Or will this old inability to allow tail score more than the front-line batsmen undo India again?

dennis_nail said:
As I write this, the 7th wicket partnership is already 30. Hope India is able to wrap up the tail with the new ball. Or will this old inability to allow tail score more than the front-line batsmen undo India again?

Blame it on Dhoni. He is just not setting up attacking fields to put pressure on Siddle. They are taking singles at will. :|

BTW .... there was 70% chances of Rain playing spoil sport today but I am glad that we have had a mostly uninterrupted match so far.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

The Stupid Airtel logo is spoiling the match for me. I am not able to see the Overs bowled or the delivery speed. :| Anyway to get rid of it? Will complaining help?

Australia 277/6 v India @EO Day one

IMO, Dhoni didn't attack enough the 7th wicket pair; given a lot of easy singles to Haddin as well as Siddle. Also, the field placement was defensive, not sure why did they take the second new ball with such mindset.

Can Hot spot can only be seen for outer edges & not inner edges? I mean the Brad Haddin LBW which was clear plum OUT was turned down but hot spot was of no use as camera angle was not available right?

India have a chance if they wrap up the innings tomorrow morning within 325....then India should show their batting muscle.....else we are down and out....

Spacescreamer said:
Dumb bowling as usual.

Dont know when the act of making heroes out of tailenders will desert Indian bowling.
Not sure if you have noticed, but tail enders these days are no mug with bats like it used to be - check cases over the last 5 yrs for the number of test matches where the contributions of lower order batsmen have been vital for the team's victory. These would be way beyond it would have been in all tests put together till then. When Ishant can put together a 80 run stand with Laxman and win a test, Ashwin a century that almost pulled it off, why not a Siddle? And Siddle has improved a lot in the last one year with respect to his batting. Not see the partnership and it could be a case of beyond understanding field settings and bowling but let's not get into the historical data of India alone letting tail enders blossom

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

I fully agree with tailenders not being a mug with the bat anymore but Ishant kept bowling 4 outta 6 deliveries 4 stumps left of the off stump. Atleast you would want to make these tailenders go for the cover drives. They make the mistake on those shots fs.

Then no yorkers.. Ishant castled few the last time he came with that delivery and i cudnt see him bowling fuller deliveries.

For a good part, Ashwin was bowling not a very good line. He got into the groove very late. And def the field placing was very benign for a good part.

New fella.. u want people around the bat, instead they were allowing haddin enough room to get singles. Not done.

+1, Ishant, Zaheer keep on bowling deliveries, which batters had no problem leaving. When they bowled straight, they were picked off for runs. Ashwin too needs to understand that Australia is a graveyard for finger spinners and should make the changes according to the pitch conditions.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be more productive :)

Slightly OT but can anyone suggest me a DTH provider and the pricing for star cricket HD?.
Cable operator still has not started showing HD channels yet :mad:

Another entry to Sachin stats book......He has played against both the father (Geoff Marsh-AUS) and Son (Shaun Marsh - AUS) duo....This guy is something else...

Tendulkar is looking in a great form. He has reached 32 in just 29 balls with some very classy shots. Here's hoping he finally gets his hundred here.

Its quite clear that the Hundred is playing on his mind. The Australians too have left no opportunity to play mind games with Sachin. Everywhere he will go in Australia, he has been allotted number 100 as his hotel room.

Bluffmaster said:
Its quite clear that the Hundred is playing on his mind. The Australians too have left no opportunity to play mind games with Sachin. Everywhere he will go in Australia, he has been allotted number 100 as his hotel room.

I thought allotting Room Number "99" wud have been a better idea...just to rile him up..

^No, I think the No. 100 is going to have a more prominent effect. The number is always going to play on his mind even when he is batting.

But I have to say, he looked very classy today, didn't show sign of any nervousness, I guess we can chalk it up to just plain bad luck.

Back