India's Tour of Australia - 2011

First things first, we need to bowl them out below 200 tomorrow. Each run in this lead would count. And as I said chasing even an odd 275 would not be an easy task. Its a battle of nerves in my opinion. At its present state, its anyone's match.

sharktale1212 said:
I am confused here. So having bat pad/silly point wud have saved those singles? How so?

Hussey was constantly coming out of his crease to drive him. Ashwin also bowled many balls on the pads. Last ball of the day summed up his bowling performance, fired in at the pads and 3 byes. I am not saying he is a bad bowler, I am just saying he still lacks experience/not really suited in Australian condition. Dhoni should time and again rest him; go for a two-pronged pace attack, something which we saw only at the start of the innings and got 4 wickets.

Well, there were two fielders behind the keeper in catching positions and no one in front of Ponting. He kept punching it in front of square, Haddin/Pattinson got a leading edge, but no catchers in front of the wicket.

As far as the singles are concerned, there were open spaces left by Dhoni (Big Fan BTW) on both sides of the wicket. Ashwin could/should have bowled better too but you can see that he wasn't bowling the negative line bowled on the first day. Dhoni is surprisingly pu$$y when it comes to attacking in Test matches, not that we have a replacement. Long on is on the fence, Mid off is pushed back no silly point, no shortleg, pretty bad field placements. I think Harbhajan Singh used to ask for this field placement.

Get everybody in and make them hit over the top. Ashwin bowled pretty well for his first game in Australia, it took him one test to better Harbhajan's best so that says something. Needs to be consistent, yes. Last delivery of the day was pretty bad.

Last test in SA where we could have forced a victory, World Cup early stages (the mandatory Bowling? Powerplay came to India's rescue), England 120/8 and let off the hook, there are numerous examples where defensive field placements have done more harm than good. Hopefully we'll see more attacking fields for spinners in Sydney and Adelaide. I'm surprised that there are no team meetings nowadays, who's the vice captain?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

medpal said:
India already looking at making record of sorts at MCG for successful chase in 4th innings,

During last 40 years no team has successfully chased more than 200 here, and highest successful chase was 332 way back in 1902.

So my heart is already sinking, today was not able to see the first session, and tomorrow also wont be able to see the complete session due to work, hope Indian batsmen put their heads down and take off the target (Which in turn does not swell much from here).

Tomorrow I am waking up at 5 to cheer up India.

Commentators said today that 400 was chased down in a shield match (don't quote me on that), keeping fingers crossed.

^^ Sehwag is the deputy. It kinda kills the game the way Dhoni goes on defensive. I wud rather have him lose a game trying his best than drawing/losing trying to defend.

Exactly, let's hope the good showing by our bowlers gives him the sense to attack more, I don't think he has enough confidence in the Indian Bowling attack (Too much of a Realist?? <sp>)

Okay, I'm not exactly missing Harsha Bhogle (because that discussion panel had become an Indian Bastion) but does anybody know why he wasn't asked this time? I know he is on ABC radio right now.

2. What happened to the speed gun?

Yes, I miss the trio of Harsha Bhogle, Ravi Shastri and Suniel Gavaskar. I would have settled for Manjerekar as well. Also, wasn't Greg chappel supposed to commentate with Gangully? What happened there? :p The panel this time isn't really that great. I am tired of watching Ravi shastri to be honest. God, I miss Sidhu. Listening to the team of Sidhu and boycott commentate was akin to watching Shewag and Gayle bat together.

It's exactly the opposite for me, I'm just so bored of Arun Lal, Charu Sharma, Gavaskar, Shastri, Manjrekar, Bhogle everybody. Sidhu, Tony Greig and their comments (Pro India and Anti BCCI resp.) are cringe worthy. English commentators are plain boring barring Boycott.

Please do post links of live stream from other Broadcasters or PM! if it's not allowed.

Things going exactly as expected. After getting the 9th wicket pretty quickly, Hilfenhaus made sure that the lead has swollen to a little under 300. Hope that is all he has to contribute in this match.

Sehwag :facepalm: as usual bats without any sense of the match situation. At least he should have had the sense to not lose his wicket before lunch. :( Wonder why he is playing in the test team, in spite of being so inconsistent at the top of the order.

Bluffmaster said:
God, I miss Sidhu. Listening to the team of Sidhu and boycott commentate was akin to watching Shewag and Gayle bat together.

Couldn't agree more !! I too miss both of them.

On the other hand, damn Dhoni's defensive techniques (read field), Aussies score 240, taking the target for India to 292. :mad:

Sehwag out for 7, the catch taken by Hussey was undoubtedly good as he had slashed hard at it. :no:

Tough times lie ahead for India.:S

EDIT : Gambhir out. India in dire straits !! :( Master comes out to bat, what a sight each time.:clap:

Someone should give Dhoni an instruction manual on how to set up fields for tail-enders and himself being a tail-ender observe how other teams set up fields for him, and the types of deliveries the bowlers bowl :facepalm:

logistopath said:
Things going exactly as expected. After getting the 9th wicket pretty quickly, Hilfenhaus made sure that the lead has swollen to a little under 300. Hope that is all he has to contribute in this match.

Sehwag :facepalm: as usual bats without any sense of the match situation. At least he should have had the sense to not lose his wicket before lunch. :( Wonder why he is playing in the test team, in spite of being so inconsistent at the top of the order.

Gambhir looked liked watching his first innings dismissal again and again and got stalked by the memory!

Rarely a great ball gets Sehwag out, talking about valuing wickets :ashamed:

Update: 55/3 Dravid done in by a beauty from Pattinson. This match likely not see tomorrow's daylight :no:

This is so effed up. Once again Dhoni cost us the match with his defensive mindset. You have to wonder what kind of team reduces its opposition to 27/4 or 120/8 (ala England) and then lets them get away. Why cant he learn from his mistakes? Its like Indian cricket has the same story running over and over again.

Gone are the days when India used to be a better batting team in the second innings of a test match. Third string bowling line-up from the Aussies, and damn, can't even survive a day. Shame

Things always look tough for India if Dravid, Tendulkar and Laxman fail collectively. The new bunch of lads do not seem to be made for Test Cricket. And Dhoni was never Test class anyway. What will happen when the Fab 3 retire in next 1-2 years?

Torture ends! Going by batting form, Dhoni and Zaheer can be pushed behind Ashwin, Ishant and Yadav for the next tests.

Interesting observations in Cricinfo?

Best 5 partnerships for the last wicket has 3-4 against India.

So India went from 214 for 2 to losing by 122. Kohli out bring in Sharma and look at a new opener. Gambhir has been awful this year and does not lend the stability the way he used to.

Dhoni should be asked tougher questions, he's the captain he's supposed to come up with innovative ideas, leaves everything to bowlers.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

What a shame high score being sachins 32.

Was it the pitch or shameless batting?

Kholi cant play on aussi pitches. Rohit sharma plays better on than kholi or even raina

Actually it isnt kholis mistake fully . He can play good at no. 3 or 4 but he ' s being pushed in lower middle order where rohit actually plays well

Edit india must be missing yuvraj in the middle order

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

^ A mixture of many things. Viru's dismissal was plain shameless batting. He was very confident of chasing down par-300 score but went down pretty early to an irresponsible shot.

Though I think anything above 200 was going to be a huge task. Bowlers did a great job. I am still livid with Dhoni's captaincy letting Aus getting away when they were 4 down for less. So long he continues with this there is no hope.

We might be looking at 4-0 clean sweep again.

The bowlers espeically yadav and zaheer bowled so well but all went in vain due to batsmen

Last year i remember some one saying india cant reamon no.1 for long because they are totally dependent on batting and now the scene is opposite

I think India epecially dhoni are missing kirsten's tactics

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Back