India's Tour of Australia - 2011

What to expect from these so called 'Sr. Cricketers'..

3rd /4th visit to Australia and same old trashy way to start the tour. Never will they ever learn to apply themselves as per their potential.

Aussie's last 3 wicket stand added 77 runs. And our top 6 couldnt muster 290 odd between themselves. Some real 'quality' line up this.

These phattus can only play in India and IPL ofc.

sharktale1212 said:
^ A mixture of many things. Viru's dismissal was plain shameless batting. He was very confident of chasing down par-300 score but went down pretty early to an irresponsible shot.

Though I think anything above 200 was going to be a huge task. Bowlers did a great job. I am still livid with Dhoni's captaincy letting Aus getting away when they were 4 down for less. So long he continues with this there is no hope.

We might be looking at 4-0 clean sweep again.
But there is no contender option for captain

The 3 seniors and viru are not going to play for long so no point in appointing them

Gambhir is not consistent and raina does not have much experience

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

techno_guy said:
But there is no contender option for captain
The 3 seniors and viru are not going to play for long so no point in appointing them
Gambhir is not consistent and raina does not have much experience
Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk
If Dhoni was not the captain, he wud have been in the same spot as Gambhir. Not consistent. I cant remember him playing a good knock over the last tours - SA, England and now Aus. It is not necessary to change the captain so much as change the tactics. I felt this tinge of over defensiveness expanded with Fletcher as coach. We all remember his Ashley Giles tactic to Tendulkar.

Spacescreamer said:
What to expect from these so called 'Sr. Cricketers'..
3rd /4th visit to Australia and same old trashy way to start the tour. Never will they ever learn to apply themselves as per their potential.

Aussie's last 3 wicket stand added 77 runs. And our top 6 couldnt muster 290 odd between themselves. Some real 'quality' line up this.
These phattus can only play in India and IPL ofc.

Flat track bullies :p
sharktale1212 said:
If Dhoni was not the captain, he wud have been in the same spot as Gambhir. Not consistent. I cant remember him playing a good knock over the last tours - SA, England and now Aus. It is not necessary to change the captain so much as change the tactics. I felt this tinge of over defensiveness expanded with Fletcher as coach. We all remember his Ashley Giles tactic to Tendulkar.

Dhoni comes across as a reactive captain. Hit a ball somewhere uppishly and he will place a fielder there! And not sure, what this ultra-defensive approach is all about from the team management. Why would someone want to give free single to a so called batsmen and try to get out a tailender at the other end. It's not like everyone plays like Chris Martin, and Indian bowlers are of the caliber of Macgrath, Malinga or Akram, who would polish off the tail in a jiffy. 4-27 and next thing you know, Ponting and Hussey, struggling for places, are in a century partnership, courtesy mindless bowling and fielding changes. And the less said about his test batting is better, talk about setting examples :no:

Those guys can play well only on Indian soil... Cant even be patient enough to play out 2 days, forget about winning the game. And we say we have Sehwag,Sachin,Dravid,Laxman,Gambhir,Dhoni bla bla.... I hate to watch Indian cricket now-a-days on foreign soil coz of this very reason. They dont even put up a fight.

I can now officially confer the "Most overrated cricket" award to Mr. M.S.Dhoni. I wonder when will people start asking questions of him. He is a fine limited overs player but has no class or technique to replicate that success in Test cricket.

Dhoni & his defensive techniques don't get at all, be it his fielding or batting. Even R.Ashwin & Umesh Yadav scored more runs than him in both the innings.

Wasted my invaluable sleep by waking up at 5:00 AM just to watch this trash batting line-up.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Pat said:
I can now officially confer the "Most overrated cricket" award to Mr. M.S.Dhoni. I wonder when will people start asking questions of him. He is a fine limited overs player but has no class or technique to replicate that success in Test cricket.

Exactly. He's having no technique for test cricket. Same way for Sehwag but at least he's having the runs under his belt >8000 to get away everytime.

Don't know why Rohit Sharma's left out everytime, and preference is given to Virat Kohli. He has failed in each of his test innings till date, be it at home or abroad. Sharma on the hand grabbed his chance at the word go by impressing in both the practice matches he played before the start of this series.

Devastated, we lost :no:

MSD I always hated him. He just heaves every ball but what can we expect from him. He never had the technique of Rahul Dravid neither he has the elegance of Sachin.

What he has is his Luck, plenty of endorsements and his wife Sakshi :p

I wish someone relieves us from this Parasite:mad:

Gautam Gambhir needs to work on the area outside off where he edges the ball to slips.

Virat needs to work on his game as Rohit Sharma is not going to be a fringe player.

We are so dependent on Sachin & Dravid that I may quit watching cricket once they retire.....

World's strongest batting line up.....Cricket pundits around the world must be smoking some cheap stuff these days...That tag surely has to go for the line-up consisting of Strauss,Cook,Trott,KP,Bell,Morgan,Bopara and Prior..with Broad and Swann late order..

Bhutoria_1989 said:
Devastated, we lost :no:

MSD I always hated him. He just heaves every ball but what can we expect from him. He never had the technique of Rahul Dravid neither he has the elegance of Sachin.

What he has is his Luck, plenty of endorsements and his wife Sakshi :p

I wish someone relieves us from this Parasite:mad:

A little harsh, no? I am sure you were going ga-ga over him when he won us the World Cup. If you look at his record as a captain, not only is he the most successful Indian captain in both the formats of the game but he is also one of the most successful captains in international cricket today. Besides, who would you replace him with? I don't see any contenders for captaincy in the present Indian lineup. The vice captain, Sehwag is probably worse than even Rahul Dravid as a captain.

cricfan said:
World's strongest batting line up.....Cricket pundits around the world must be smoking some cheap stuff these days...That tag surely has to go for the line-up consisting of Strauss,Cook,Trott,KP,Bell,Morgan,Bopara and Prior..with Broad and Swann late order..

Yes, we all saw how that lineup wiggled its tail in the sub continent. Lets face it, most test playing nations are kings only in their own backyard. Had Australia with the present line up been playing in India, they would have lost this match by an innings.

Bluffmaster, even his last ball six to get us the world cup didn't make me like him. But none the less I agree that we don't have a Wicketkeeper Batsman to replace him :mad:

Bluff,

I was talking about Tests..and u come up with ODI stats.Pommies hardly care about ODIS.Plus Pommies cleaned up ozzies in Australia.Compare that to Indian performance.In tests...ENG >> all other teams..

Agreed that England looks stronger than all other Test teams. But then they still have to prove themselves in the sub-continent. BTW, When is the World Test Championship planned to be held?

ayanavish said:
Dhoni comes across as a reactive captain. Hit a ball somewhere uppishly and he will place a fielder there! And not sure, what this ultra-defensive approach is all about from the team management. Why would someone want to give free single to a so called batsmen and try to get out a tailender at the other end. It's not like everyone plays like Chris Martin, and Indian bowlers are of the caliber of Macgrath, Malinga or Akram, who would polish off the tail in a jiffy. 4-27 and next thing you know, Ponting and Hussey, struggling for places, are in a century partnership, courtesy mindless bowling and fielding changes. And the less said about his test batting is better, talk about setting examples :no:

Not only reactive, very defensive one too. Hit 4-5 fours and he has the field spread out. I guess something like our volatile Indian fans who start with "bahut maar raha hain" after 4-5 fours :) Still I think bowlers did a good job but persisting with Ashwin on a seaming track was absolutely mindless. In the Australian innings

Hilfenhaus bowled a spell of continous 13 overs.

talk about fitness, endurance and persistence. Dhoni would have brought on Lyon by 15-16th over had he been the Australian captain.

bbthumbhealer said:
Dhoni & his defensive techniques don't get at all, be it his fielding or batting. Even R.Ashwin & Umesh Yadav scored more runs than him in both the innings.

Wasted my invaluable sleep by waking up at 5:00 AM just to watch this trash batting line-up.
Same here. Got up at 5am each day. By the fourth day was groggy and fell asleep when Dravid was out, by the time woke up Zaheer was on the crease. Went to sleep again. :)

With Sydney pitch supposedly favoring pacers, which 4th pacer does India have to opt for? I mean can Mithun and Vinay Kumar be called pacers? Looks like next Test would be make or break for many players..

Bluffmaster said:
A little harsh, no? I am sure you were going ga-ga over him when he won us the World Cup. If you look at his record as a captain, not only is he the most successful Indian captain in both the formats of the game but he is also one of the most successful captains in international cricket today. Besides, who would you replace him with? I don't see any contenders for captaincy in the present Indian lineup. The vice captain, Sehwag is probably worse than even Rahul Dravid as a captain.

Yes, we all saw how that lineup wiggled its tail in the sub continent. Lets face it, most test playing nations are kings only in their own backyard. Had Australia with the present line up been playing in India, they would have lost this match by an innings.

For one I have always held that Dhoni is one of the luckiest captain. I know this cant be proven by looking at his record. When Dhoni was made captain we had a similar dilemma, Ganguly was ousted, Dravid had stepped down and Sachin had refused. Everyone was surprised with Dhoni as captain. Maybe Ishant Sharma or Gambhir as a captain :p

For the tail wiggling, completely agree. A team's tail wiggles only in their backyard. Had it been India, we could have seen some partnership between tailenders. Ala Ishant Sharma and VVS. Same is true for English team. I dont think they can survive on spinning pitches.
dennis_nail said:
With Sydney pitch supposedly favoring pacers, which 4th pacer does India have to opt for? I mean can Mithun and Vinay Kumar be called pacers? Looks like next Test would be make or break for many players..
I guess so. They are being trained at an institute run by the most famous pacer of our country - Anil Kumble. :p

I still want to see someone who has an endurance like Hilfenhaus. Bowling 13-14 overs in a row.

They do it one more time and I will stop following test cricket as well. IPL and 20/20 are anyway a shoddy form of cricket and I would rather surf channels.

We will also get to see their one day prowess and future world cup prospects during the tri-series after the clean sweep. :p

Back