India's Tour of Australia - 2011

The most over-hyped test team in the world.......ever.That No1 ranking was due to "Arranged" SL home matches..another 4-0 coming up...its better if they start eliminating the old brigade one by one.....First VVS....after a few months...the wall......Next...pardon me for blasphemous comment.....Its Bharat Ratna's turn..Just for fun that 18yr old Cummins shud have been fit.

cricfan said:
The most over-hyped test team in the world.......ever.That No1 ranking was due to "Arranged" SL home matches..another 4-0 coming up...its better if they start eliminating the old brigade one by one.....First VVS....after a few months...the wall......Next...pardon me for blasphemous comment.....Its Bharat Ratna's turn..Just for fun that 18yr old Cummins shud have been fit.

If they all go do u think with Kohlis and Rainas, India can manage 191 on this pitch, I doubt that!!!!

Australia lead by 117 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings... so, Ponting found form finally and an innings defeat on the cards :facepalm: Good for the team, they can utilize the two extra days

match gone. series finito.

first we struggled to reach 300, now 200. can only imagine what state will be when big 3 go. next tour we'll huff & puff to 100 all out every time. we should stop sending these nincompoops for international tours, its embarrasing. let them sit at home and be happy dishing out t20 - cricket for morons.

time to stop watching cricket. chalo good, save time for other things.

I can't wait for the second innings to begin! :D What is the record for the consecutive number of times a team gets dismissed for under 300 runs in a test? We are at 11 now.

Now I know how DC was created. :lol:

First 2 tests have been so similar to Eng series, Cook and peiterson getting double hundreds.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

Renegade said:
I can't wait for the second innings to begin! :D What is the record for the consecutive number of times a team gets dismissed for under 300 runs in a test? We are at 11 now.

Eh? We had a home series with WI in between. Forgot that? :p

But for all those bashers, how many teams stood up against the might of the Aussies and the South Africans at their home in the last few years? Agreed that these 2 series are making things look very bad but I'd discount the England tour - that is a team which in favorable or similar conditions to their own routed the Aussies and are likely to do so to other teams as well. But I still have doubts about their ability to play top flight swing bowling - they struggled against Zaheer the 3 hrs he played and he would have made an impact on the series and I'd be very interested to see them play Bracewell from NZ :) Is Varun Aaron part of this test squad? No harm in letting him rip and have a go in tests

And let the Aussies, SA and England come here and beat us convincingly or even go head to head with Pakistan at UAE (they're playing seriously good cricket there) - something we did to all 3 during the rise to the top (though did not win a test series except against England). To be honest, every team is a tiger in their backyard only - the 3 teams mentioned above have a distinct advantage in that the playing conditions and the wickets are more or less the same in their countries.

And if the Pakistan batsmen manage to do decently well in England, I think they have the bowling resources to test England

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

Renegade said:

But for all those bashers, how many teams stood up against the might of the Aussies and the South Africans at their home in the last few years? Agreed that these 2 series are making things look very bad but I'd discount the England tour - that is a team which in favorable or similar conditions to their own routed the Aussies and are likely to do so to other teams as well. But I still have doubts about their ability to play top flight swing bowling - they struggled against Zaheer the 3 hrs he played and he would have made an impact on the series and I'd be very interested to see them play Bracewell from NZ :) Is Varun Aaron part of this test squad? No harm in letting him rip and have a go in tests

And let the Aussies, SA and England come here and beat us convincingly or even go head to head with Pakistan at UAE (they're playing seriously good cricket there) - something we did to all 3 during the rise to the top (though did not win a test series except against England). To be honest, every team is a tiger in their backyard only - the 3 teams mentioned above have a distinct advantage in that the playing conditions and the wickets are more or less the same in their countries.

And if the Pakistan batsmen manage to do decently well in England, I think they have the bowling resources to test England

Renegade said:

Renegade said:

Renegade said:

This is so similar to the English series. We had a chance in the first test only to be scuttled by Dhoni's defensive methods. Then bashing started from the 2nd tests after which team was hoping only for the series to end as quickly as possible.

I wonder what Fletcher is doing in midst of all this. If we look back this same team did pretty well in South Africa. We came very close to win a series. Things started to go wrong from the WI away series since Fletcher joined our team. --> I am not trying to propogate some blame theory but wanted to know what is he doing. When with England their Test team was good but ODI was awful. This team looks good for ODI (at least until we are bashed by Aus) but Test has taken a super slide. Is he one format only coach?

Freaky said:
Yep lets host all the test matches in India. Anyway I was talking only about away matches. See the following statistic.

India's batting has now gone past 300 only once in their last 17 away Test innings
sharktale1212 said:
I wonder what Fletcher is doing in midst of all this. If we look back this same team did pretty well in South Africa. We came very close to win a series. Things started to go wrong from the WI away series since Fletcher joined our team. --> I am not trying to propogate some blame theory but wanted to know what is he doing. When with England their Test team was good but ODI was awful. This team looks good for ODI (at least until we are bashed by Aus) but Test has taken a super slide. Is he one format only coach?
I was wondering that too. I hear he isn't a meddling coach and that he only whispers pellets of wisdom into players ears. Wonder what he has been eating lately. :lol:

This match is also out of hand now

Yadav lost his glory now. It's what happens with all new bowlers- they come and bowl well for some matches and the are out of the team due to injury or bad performance. Few years back ishant sharma bowled so brilliantly on aussie pitches and now one can't believe he is the same guy.

Ashwin's spin did work too. Guess now bhajji will be recalled for next series

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Australia v India, 3rd Test, SCG, 2nd day: R Ashwin hopes for turnaround | Cricket News | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

"It has happened before, and I know, I understand, where you are trying to get at. We lost 4-0 on an overseas tour before this. It really has to come from within. For all you know, people telling it's going to be another 4-0, another 2-0... For starters I don't know how it works with you guys. For us to just hear that repetitively, that itself is the biggest detriment for us. So I don't know. It has to come from someone. Maybe it will come from everyone in the next innings. Probably [Nos] 1 to 11 will get a fifty."

Superlike! not sure if this has ever happened in the history of test cricket!

It was a slightly strange admission to make in the middle of a Test match. Ashwin was feistier when asked about the haste in going on to the defensive when in the field. "What else do you do with 190 in the pocket?" he asked back when the question was put forward. "You'll have to save every run possible. Supposing you get two or three wickets later on, and someone is having a good spell, we have those runs to play with later. That has got to be the only idea. It's common sense. Nothing else."

True, put everyone on the fence and stop the boundaries :facepalm:

"We haven't - the biggest thing is our catching has been quite good. Whatever has gone we have been picking up the catches so far. This is what the batsmen can contribute when they are standing on the field. Very frankly the wicket has flattened out today, and there was nothing on offer. People were going really hard today and bending their backs.

Agreed, the pitch eases out in most of the overseas tour when the opposition bats; the same pitch becomes a minefield when Indians bat

Moral till now:

Our bowlers cant bowl on foreign soil.

Our batsmen cant bat on foreign soil.

Why the hell do they even bother with the press conference and all the bs..?

Usually the struggling opposition battling line up finds form against our bowling. Our batsmen start giving catching practice to opposition.

BCCI with all the crap they spew against DRS this, DRS that.. and making an IPL to scuttle ICL.. cant muster a decent pool of pacemen. Cant hire special staff, or bowling coaches or even try to give the bowlers 1 pitch with greentops in home series of 3 or more matches. The result is for everybody to see. Stop their ads and see how they get back on dear Earth.

Dunno whats more disappointing here.. the performance of our team or me recharging my HDTV connection 2wice a year to witness these drubbings.

And btw.. wtf is sachin doing with his family in the nets..? Training and watching his son get the tips from his teammates. :mad:

Doesnt matters if he scores or not, but why the hell would he get the family members be involved with work..? In UK too he went a lot earlier to get adjusted.. and took his family. Got his son to bowl in nets and we know what fat load of adjustment he did with the scores of his.

And now people want to rename Delhi's Chandni Chowk to Tendulkar Chowk.. The audacity, the pencil pushing buffoons.. damn.

Back