India's Tour of Australia - 2011

@spacescreamer: IPL is a domestic event so, I don't think BCCI has the option to host it elsewhere without a strong reason. Secondly, hosting the tournament on a different soil would reduce their profits a lot, and people don't do business for loss
<

BCCI anyway have the option to send the A, B, C, D, or whatever teams to play a good amount of cricket matches overseas giving them a chance to play in foreign conditions (this happens though but neither on a regular basis nor for an extended time).

If only BCCI had brains beyond profit/money, Indian team wouldnt have fared badly in their overseas tours.

1) IPL was the perfect way to make the Indian team new/old players to be taken to bouncy pitches and get some extra practise apart from the poorly scheduled practise matches abroad. Just like IPL was taken to SA.. they could have done that again. If a hit in profit ensures prolonged success of the team and winings abroad.. it was a paltry price to pay for.

2) Bad management of pace bowlers. About 12 so called pacers been limping after their initial stint. Despite having a pool of solid batsmen, pacers have been absent right from the start. BCCI only is minting money and their thinking comes from their rear.

Now only rain can save india,otherwise -

Ind 1st inn-161.

Aus 1st inn-600 or more,not all out,declared.
<

Ind 2nd inn-150 all out,match is over by an inning and someone said it right before thhe match begun that this will be over in 3 days.
<

The way it is going, we can have 3rd and 4th Test in 5 days, and give some time off for Indian Team for more sightseeing, go karting, kangaroo jumping and perhaps some Opera, not to foreget shopping, etc.

The way Warner is batting i think we should have Paul Valkathy and Yusuf pathan to open the innings..Followed by Utthapa-Raina and Yuvraj..
What say guys?

lol, pack of morons... checked the score just now. 161 all out. This time certainly an Aussie batsman would score more than that magic number of 161. My money is not on Warner, but he has every chance to score a triple ton here, and that too by EOD tomorrow. Dhoni should declare when it comes to him batting at 6. At least, he would get the chance to tell stories of his brave decision to his grandchildren
<

What in the actual...just when you thought it couldn't get worse. I'm glad I didnt stay up for this match!

Cancel their passports and let them all stay there, no need to come back!

Its high time pawar called up Ranatunga or some random lankan guy and fixed..or the politically correct arrange an Ind-SL home series...There is no other way out...Agneepath Series...seriously WTF...

This is a glimmer of hope for competitive professional soccer in India.

been hearing it for ages..nothing will change..Cricket will continue to reign over all other sports in India..Just try asking any guy on street to mention names of 11 current Indian footballers..

Back