India's Tour of Australia - 2011

atleast this will force to look beyond the 3some. time to look for the future.

vinay kumar was a waste. ashwin could have to the batsman score tally. he was the second higherst run scorer in the series for india till the second test.

atleast they may include rohit sharma in the eleven for the last test.

maybe rahane for opening to replace sehwag, rohit sharma for vvs/kohli

I still don't get why they left harbhajan out,atleast he could say i wasn't in the losing side.
<

atleast this will force to look beyond the 3some. time to look for the future.

vinay kumar was a waste. ashwin could have to the batsman score tally. he was the second higherst run scorer in the series for india till the second test.

atleast they may include rohit sharma in the eleven for the last test.

maybe rahane for opening to replace sehwag, rohit sharma for vvs/kohli
For overseas tours we should be sending a bunch of inexperienced youngsters so, that next time we lose we can give solid excuse
<
Not sure how come these people tour England, Australia, South Africa, New zealand every year and then forget everything next time when they travel... Ghajjini effect may be!

It is better losing like the way we are with some inexperienced players. Things will only improve for them.

On the other hand things will only go from bad to worse if the same team gets picked in the fourth test.

No point introducing youngsters in indian conditions.

Anybody even a gillespie can score a double ton here.
<

To test their true metal youngsters should be tested.

We got to know the calibre of dravid &amp; ganguly only with their debut in england.

At that point of time oldies like sanjay manjrekar and NSS were dragging the team down.

The team is going to a similar phase now.

ऑसà¥à¤Ÿà¥à¤°à¥‡à¤²à¤¿à¤¯à¤¾ ने भारत को हराकर शृंखला जीती
<
<
<
<

I inadvertently looked at the cricketing site to check if we were going to pass the 3rd day. unfortunate for me, we werent, lost by an innings again. I dont think even Bangladesh could have done this bad. Losing 7 on the trot and 8th around the corner. I wished to know what is the current record for oversea loses and if we are going to create a new record.

We already have made a record of letting two batsman score more than our innings total twice within a year (Cook and Clarke).

Two things are clear: 1. Dhoni has to go as far as tests are concerned. Cant remember him playing a good knock in test overseas. He is just a liability and elongates our already long tail. Maybe Laxman too.

2. Duncan Fletcher needs to go too. Team's performance has nose-dived after the SA tour , the time he has taken over. What the heck is he doing? How can team which came very close to winning in SA is suddenly looking totally down, I think coach has to take some responsibility.

our players take things too lightly. all of them should be sacked. they work like govt babus. they know they'll be in next team no matter how badly they perform.

3-0 in 2.5 days so, bad news for Australia, they will now have a false sense of security before being crash landed by some other team
<
Like Dhoni, Haddin is not test material. And a lot to think about the batting, which is still very brittle. Player like Warner would succeed once out of five matches, so opening still remains an issue.

For India, they should target beating the highest score of an Aussie batsman by their team total. That's more achievable.

Biggest joke is that back in the day when hue n cry was raised on their modelling assignment and the time they spent on em during important series. The arguement coming from their side and even retd ppl like Gavaskar used to be that a cricketer has ltd career span and hence should be allowed to earn money.

The amount of money these trundlers earn for one test match, and one day match is substantial. iirc 5L for the former and 3.xx for the latter. On an avg they earn like 10-15L/month, which easily surpasses a normal graduate's earning for one year.

Atleast the regulars should be disallowed cuz they gonna earn frm matches. Youngsters wont dare do it till the time they are set.

Atm the ads for inverters featuring tendulkar definitely seem a harsh joke.

This is like a bad dream for the Indian Cricket Team. A 4-0 whitewash looks very much on the cards now. Laxman needs to go and we need to invest in a good solid opener. I have faith in Gambhir, But its sehwag though is exceptional but still worries me.

Sehwag should be kept in the team only for matches played in the subcontinent. I don't see why that can't be done.

instead of laxman, they should have taken players like Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara heck even Wasim Jaffer. At least they could have been given a chance after the whitewash.

another problem is that out of the other (mostly ODI) players who are not playing, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina and Parthiv Patil, none have a particularly good technique.

Guys what abt our beloved coach? Fletcher. If we look back problem started from WI series where he came in. I dont trust any hotshot coach to work well with our team. Back when the team was this dismal we had Chappel as our coach.​

With Dhoni banned from Adelaide Test, things are already looking better for India. If we can "rest" Sehwag, Laxman, Ishant, we can use this test to give exposure to youngsters, and possibly try to avoid white-wash.

Back