India's Tour of Australia - 2011

England getting a beating vs pakistan.....oh boy..never expected this..

see all are paper tigers at home.

<
<

Why are you guys updating the news about the test match of dubai?

Thread specifically mentions Australian tour. And the thread aint about cricket in general either.

So with pak winning the first test one can conclude that our team made the english look good.

Also maybe we are making australia look good.

Incase they play with any other country they still might lose pretty bad
<

it is with only our dismal performance that we made england look awesome.

Same was with the west indies where they struggled against the bangladeshis but put up a brave fight against us.

Below is the content that I had typed just before TE went down for the upgrade. Unfortunately we closed down even before I could submit
<

I can't wait for the second innings to begin!
<
What is the record for the consecutive number of times a team gets dismissed for under 300 runs in a test? We are at 11 now.   Now I know how DC was created.
<

Eh? We had a home series with WI in between. Forgot that?
<

But for all those bashers, how many teams stood up against the might of the Aussies and the South Africans at their home in the last few years? Agreed that these 2 series are making things look very bad but I'd discount the England tour - that is a team which in favorable or similar conditions to their own routed the Aussies and are likely to do so to other teams as well. But I still have doubts about their ability to play top flight swing bowling - they struggled against Zaheer the 3 hrs he played and he would have made an impact on the series and I'd be very interested to see them play Bracewell from NZ
<
Is Varun Aaron part of this test squad? No harm in letting him rip and have a go in tests  

And let the Aussies, SA and England come here and beat us convincingly or even go head to head with Pakistan at UAE (they're playing seriously good cricket there) - something we did to all 3 during the rise to the top (though did not win a test series except against England). To be honest, every team is a tiger in their backyard only - the 3 teams mentioned above have a distinct advantage in that the playing conditions and the wickets are more or less the same in their countries.  

And if the Pakistan batsmen manage to do decently well in England, I think they have the bowling resources to test England  

Sent from The Note using T'talk Pro

Looks like I was indeed right - England routed under 3 days. The next test will show if they have the nerves to come back

So with pak winning the first test one can conclude that our team made the english look good.

Also maybe we are making australia look good.

Incase they play with any other country they still might lose pretty bad
<

it is with only our dismal performance that we made england look awesome.

Same was with the west indies where they struggled against the bangladeshis but put up a brave fight against us.

Earlier tours in / against India made all the left-handers look Bradman - Jimmy Adams, Sanath Jayasurya, Matt Hayden, Andy Flower, Jess Rhyder ...

Btw, i think this is a tremendous opportunity for Coke/Pepsi here..

They can run a contest where the winner gets to open for India. And second winner gets to choose any position in the line up.

Afterall the regulars been doing a pedestrian job.. so much so that a gully cricket player shouldnt fare any worse. Who knows we might find a real player for next WC and get to maintain the hype too..!

#Spacescreamer: lol. They can try the same for the test captaincy and bowlers also. Have seen gully bowlers who constantly can bowl to one side of the wicket at a decent pace. One of my friends can even bowl 3-4 yorkers an over at will.

It's wondrous how Pakistan unearths quality wicket taking fast bowlers every series. Most of the time, it's the batsmen and fielders that lose tests for them
<

Simply because they have the wickets which support pace bowling.

Secondly, the culture of bowling with taped tennis balls makes them explore swing techniques while they learn to tie shoe laces on the other hands. Here we witness people wanting to pick bats on flat road of a pitch and the result is for all to see.

Another bad day for India,Punter
<
and Clarke nailed our bowlers.And nothing less from our batsmen when Viru played his so called natural game which caused his wicket cheaply and Wall still struggling to play, bowled out 6th time in this series.But the wicket seemed to be good,ball coming nicely to the bat,hope Sachin and Gauthi will score record partnership.

^^ bro I have to applaud you. how do you make urself sit through all the torture. I had completely forgotten abt the match until I saw this thread.
<

IMO

I see many people resorting to old excuses: flat pitches at home, sehwag not moving his feet etc. Havent we been like this always? Wasnt this same team, almost good enough for SA last yr? What really has changed from then? Team is same but the coach is not. Duncan Fletcher - For one, I dont see why the heck we keep having high profile coaches - Greg Chappel and now him when it has been proven our team works best under low profile ones - Wright and Kirsten. Wasnt this the same guy who reduced us to 5-17 in 1983 WC and then led the match astray with his captaincy? Kapil Dev scoring 175. Point to note is why the heck we always have rumors of discontent only with these high profile coaches? Just get rid of this guy. He cant teach anything more than defensive tactics.

Back