India's Tour of Australia - 2011

^^ My exact thoughts @Renegade. I reduced watching ODIs and T20s since last 2 years or so. Possibly Test Cricket will follow soon. In a way, it may be good. I will have more time to spend on other important things :)

True guys, I myself don't like to watch T20's much but watch some ODI's when Sachin is featuring in them. On the other hand Test Cricket is the Ultimate form and I really like it. As it tests a player's temperament, but if they go down without a fight then I don't know how many more matches will I see...

tch tch. No need to improve bowling, criticize Dhoni etc. we have Sharad Pawar who can ensure that all future matches involving all teams will be played in India.

Pawar, Jaitley and that muchhad guy who used to be an anchor/journo. They need to go.

Indian Channels Covering matches -

Soon ads will fill up entire screen and match will shown in PIP. The number of ads shown are already outnumbering the number of balls bowled.

Next world Cup is in Australia, India should let some of the "prospective" players take part in BBL.

Last 5 overseas matches results - LLLLL if they still go in with the same team, they need a psychiatrist.

Batting hasn't been getting us anywhere for quite some time now, Sachin looked the least likely to get out in Melbourne. I say F*ck the batting approach. Get another bowler in and go with 5-1-5 combo. Bowlers are doing well then why not let them be our USP this series? Face it, the pitches this time are NOT going to be flat decks of 03/04 or 07/08. Batting will not win matches in this series. Embrace this fact. Or does Dhoni plan to do the same things again?

Score (or try) to score 250 each innings and bowl your hearts out.

I would pick this -

One out of Gambhir, VVS, Dravid has to sit out else we are not going to get anywhere.

1. Sehwag

2. Dravid (Gambhir has been in awful form for quite some time now which sucks)

3. VVS Laxman (only because of past record at SCG)

4. Tendulkar

5. R. Sharma (Not expecting a huge number of runs from him, too. Kohli should be recalled for Tri Series)

6. Dhoni

7. Ashwin

8. Khan

9. I. Sharma

10. Yadav

11. Mithun/Ojha (Weather wise) I wish Irfan had been picked it would have made the 5th bowler's choice easier. He was swinging the ball both ways in the last ODI. Vinay Kumar is a no-go for me.

Look at the green on those Sydney tracks, put in 11 Indian batsmen and we still wont get 300. Mark My Words ;P

^ I think Australian bowlers have showed us the way. They too had 4 bowlers - 3 quicks + 1 spinner. Difference was Hilfenhaus. That guy is super fit. Bowled 13 consecutive overs in a spell. Started out when the scoreline was 0/0 and was removed with score at 85/6. We need one of the quicks to build up the stamina to withstand that many overs.

India in Australia 2011-12: India need to rethink strategy against tail | Cricket Features | Australia v India | ESPN Cricinfo

Dhoni's defence for the welcome given to Haddin says all you need to know. "You have to see who was bowling," he said [it was R Ashwin who was bowling]. "Haddin is a good player of spin. We were bowling first, which meant there were no rough patches to play with. It could have been easy pickings. What we wanted to do was see if he is good enough and takes a single every delivery. [In that case] we look to put pressure on the other batsmen or from the other end from which the fast bowlers were bowling. It's a strategy that goes your way or doesn't go your way. You have to back yourself."

Australia v India, 2nd Test, Sydney, 1st day: India 191/10 ; the last three tailenders all made ducks, talk about tail waging!

India's tail did wag a bit this time. Dhoni made 57 and Ashwin as usual did his bit. Can't expect bowlers to pick wickets and bat also. Looks like this match is not going to see fourth day.

dennis_nail said:
India's tail did wag a bit this time. Dhoni made 57 and Ashwin as usual did his bit. Can't expect bowlers to pick wickets and bat also. Looks like this match is not going to see fourth day.

Yes out the 5 batsmen in the tail, two wagged, out of them one remained unbeaten :p; if tomorrow Australia can finish their innings between 400-450, this match won't last 4th day.

quixand said:
Mark my words, 5 bowlers are needed. Defend 250.

Sent from my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk Pro.

5 quality bowlers, right? Even if 6 bowlers are used, don't think there's enough quality in the attack, who would utilize the surface to bowl out a side cheaply. Yes, extra bowlers would give some cool off time to the front-line bowlers, but they are also likely to leak runs in that period.

Bowling is doing better than batting, put in an eighth batsman they will still get out under 300. It has been happening for the past 5-6 tests, so get a fifth bowler. bowled well in the first innings with Dhoni's defensive fields.

:rofl: This is former world no. 1 team. In just 6 test matches they have reached from being at world no 1 to getting mauled by world no 5.

166951_354395064576340_284701571545690_1739067_338723633_n.jpg

No more sitting in front of the TV with droopy eyes in the wee hours of the morning to watch these morons play.
Damn. Every single time i went to watch lil bit of sanity, all i saw was this so called SOLID batting line up play passively and getting out in the end.

Sehwag was a bitter disappointment. No technique and trying to bide time there like proper player. Absolutely forgot that once the bowlers settle down.. they ll remove him cuz he is a slogger. Numb nut could have changed the last match's result and now he is still playing unlike himself.

Renegade said:
:rofl: This is former world no. 1 team. In just 6 test matches they have reached from being at world no 1 to getting mauled by world no 5.

Err, give this match to Feroz Shah Kotla or Chidambaram Stadium and see :bleh:

My prediction
Day2 Aussie score 350..lead of 150.India might bat and loose some early wickets.......
Day3 india ALL OUT under 250.Aussie chase. might lose couple of wickets ...... and win...
Indian Team go to their hotel and bang GF/Wives/s***s with dhoni leading their way with sakshi.....

oh we will be world number 1 again .... just let me look at the schedule where we have lots of home series coming up!

Back