Injustice: Gods Among Us - Discussion Thread

Finally bought the Ultimate edition yesterday. I really love the way Netherrealm handles the story in this game.
The campaign did seem shorter (completed in a single sitting) compared to MK9 but glad they didn't drag it unnecessarily. I don't mean MK 9's story was a drag but compared to the twists in MK 9 this was pretty straight forward.
For a moment I really thought Joker and Batman would join forces. Sadly that didn't happen.

Truth be told I don't know a lot of DC characters so I obviously thought I wouldn't like Aquaman or Green Arrow but they were fun to play with especially Green Arrow.

I thought I was the only one who thought Wonder Woman looked like Chyna but a quick google search revealed I am not alone. Superman looks very Italian especially the evil version. The evil version reminds me of (slimmer) Fat Tony from Simpsons.

Completed reading 'Year One'. It seems Wonder Woman is the real culprit who helped Superman go astray when he was vulnerable. I am just glad Superman did kill his wife the way he killed Joker.

Hi, I've played mortal kombat(made by same studio - Neatherealm) quiet a lot and I found injustice dissapointing. The fight system and story mode in Mortal Kombat 9 are way better in my opinion.

Also, those quick time events were so hilariously stupid-

If you want to try out a fight game I would recommend Mortal Kombat 9 or Street Fighter 4. I you want a story mode then pick Mortal Kombat 9.

@dovakhiin - MK 9 and Street Fighter 4 is not there for PS4. Please read the full post before posting.

Also you need not play mini games if you don't want to. You need to play them during the campaign but it does give you a break from the fights and story. You can also ignore it and start at a small disadvantage which could have been avoided otherwise.

No point in comparing it to MK 9 or SF 4 since they are not there for PS4.

As a fighting game it is pretty good and I don't think there are many options for the PS4 at the moment (this game is pretty good even if there were other options) and worth buying if you don't have any versions of it.

The story is pretty good and I am still following the Injustice comics (Year two atm) which bridge the time gap.

Truth be told Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter are better games but they are completely overlooked thanks to Tekken and Street Fighter hype.

Moral of the story - @abhisheak buy it.

@dovakhiin - MK 9 and Street Fighter 4 is not there for PS4. Please read the full post before posting.

Sorry, my bad. I read it as PS3. Regardless of that my opinion about the game still stands.

I think the story mode was bad but I have to mention that I only know the popular DC characters, so if you're more familiar with the DC universe like @prabs you might like it.

I honestly feel quick time scenes were very badly done, whether you choose to ignore it or not it was a bad gameplay experience.

Graphics are definitely not PS4 level, it's basically just a last gen port with resolutions unscaled, it's not by any measure a next gen game.

Gameplay wise it's decent, combat is fun, you can make use of the environment and stuff which is pretty cool and the some of the super attacks look neat

I feel since you're playing for the first time I think you would like to have a good single player campaign.

The current price in flipkart is Rs.2400 which is a little on the higher side for this game IMO, so I would say save your money or buy some other game for now. Maybe later on you can purchase something like Mortal Kombat X which will be a proper next gen game.

Sorry, my bad. I read it as PS3. Regardless of that my opinion about the game still stands.

I think the story mode was bad but I have to mention that I only know the popular DC characters, so if you're more familiar with the DC universe like @prabs you might like it.

I honestly feel quick time scenes were very badly done, whether you choose to ignore it or not it was a bad gameplay experience.

Graphics are definitely not PS4 level, it's basically just a last gen port with resolutions unscaled, it's not by any measure a next gen game.

Gameplay wise it's decent, combat is fun, you can make use of the environment and stuff which is pretty cool and the some of the super attacks look neat

I feel since you're playing for the first time I think you would like to have a good single player campaign.

The current price in flipkart is Rs.2400 which is a little on the higher side for this game IMO, so I would say save your money or buy some other game for now. Maybe later on you can purchase something like Mortal Kombat X which will be a proper next gen game.

Also you need not play mini games if you don't want to. You need to play them during the campaign but it does give you a break from the fights and story. You can also ignore it and start at a small disadvantage which could have been avoided otherwise.

No point in comparing it to MK 9 or SF 4 since they are not there for PS4.

As a fighting game it is pretty good and I don't think there are many options for the PS4 at the moment (this game is pretty good even if there were other options) and worth buying if you don't have any versions of it.

The story is pretty good and I am still following the Injustice comics (Year two atm) which bridge the time gap.

Truth be told Dead or Alive and Virtua Fighter are better games but they are completely overlooked thanks to Tekken and Street Fighter hype.

Moral of the story - @abhisheak buy it.
Thanks Guys
I have ordered it, lets see how it pans out

@dovakhiin - I am a bigger fan of the MK universe than DC universe (Read post 21). Comics wise I prefer Marvel over DC because DC has too many over powerful characters and this I think is what is pointed out in this game. There are a few cartoon films on the subject too but this is the only game that depicts what if one of those rather the most powerful character snaps.

I only hope for MK 10 the original Sub Zero now Noob had 2 brothers, Cyber Sub Zero is okay but I would rather have cyborg Smoke than my favorite character in a tin body. Also I hope they bring back Sub Zero's teleporting move from the earlier games back.

@abhisheak - Congrats on the purchase mate. Enjoy the game.

BTW guys you really gotta read the Injustice comics. It shows the decline and twists that lead to Superman turning from a nice guy into an absolute bully but in a way that he is trying to do good without realizing it ain't good for everyone in fact no one.

@abhisheak - Congrats dude. Have fun :)

@prabs - Read your previous posts. Yes even I found green arrow fun to play even though he was unfamiliar. About Subzero, Looking at the gameplay videos released till now I don't think he has teleport. Looks more like MK9 subzero.

Back