Budget 90k+ Intel i9-11900 based Music production and Photo editing PC build

Decided to go with the following:
DEEPCOOL GAMERSTORM ASSASSIN III AIR COOLER
DEEPCOOL CL500 Gaming Cabinet
Antec B650 Bronze 650 Watt 80 Plus Certified Power Supply with Active Power Factor Correction (APFC) (B 650)
3 x ARCTIC P12 PWM - 120 mm Case Fan with PWM, Pressure-optimised, Very quiet motor, Computer, Fan Speed: 200-1800 RPM - Black/Black

Ordered online and waiting. I'll add/change the fans based on the performance.

The Assassin III is more massive than i had imagined.
you have to check if it will block RAM slots and if the cabinet of your choice is deep enough to host D15

Though I had checked the clearance numbers, I overlooked the g.skill RAM height, so there is few extra mm of fan sticking out which prevents the cabinet from closing. I've ended up swapping one of the fans with Arctic 120mm pwm fan connected to CPU_OPT fan header, instead of running both fans from CPU_FAN. Hopefully I can adjust the fan curves if needed to counter any performance hit because of this. The 140mm fan taken from the cooler will serve as one of the front intake fans.

Waiting for some more parts to complete and test the build.

Happy to update that the build was completed over the weekend. I have run few short stability tests and things look reasonably stable (i think).

Ran AIDA64 stability test and OCCT test for 5 mins and CPU temp was in the 65-70 degrees range. Prime95 torture test took one of the cores to 90 degrees in 5 mins, but no thermal throttling till now. Since I am not overclocking, I am not too concerned, but I'll try re-seating the cooler over next weekend to see whether it improves something. I'll keep monitoring with my regular workload to see whether more fans are needed.

The system is running reasonably quiet also at full load, even though it was slightly above my expectation.

Couple of take aways from the build:
1. If you are using massive air-cooler like D15 or Assassin iii, consider the RAM module height also while calculating the clearance requirements.
2. If you are using Gigabyte Aorus MB with Optane H10/H20, connect it to the M2B_SB slot (not M2A_CPU) or else BIOS wont recognize the Optane part of the module. I wasted a lot of time on that slot.

Overall I'm happy with the way the build turned out, considering this is my first build in almost 15 years.

PS: The Deepcool assassin iii and the Arctic P12 fans both report speeds much above their rated speeds (1400 rpm and 1800 rpm) during full load. Is this normal?

Yeah its normal. I have an AS500 and that also reports few 100 rpms above the rated RPM some times.

Congrats on the build and was happy to help out.

Its a shame the RAM didn't match the clearance. I honestly thought the RAM won't cause any problems as my cooler doesn't show any issues with the same RAM.

Do post a picture of your build to share the happiness.

Yeah its normal. I have an AS500 and that also reports few 100 rpms above the rated RPM some times.

Congrats on the build and was happy to help out.

Its a shame the RAM didn't match the clearance. I honestly thought the RAM won't cause any problems as my cooler doesn't show any issues with the same RAM.

Do post a picture of your build to share the happiness.
Hi, thanks for the help from the forum, the build turned out well.

I don't know whether there is anything of interest in my no-bling build, but I'm attaching few photos anyway.
In the first photo you can clearly see the two different fans on the cooler. I can post more photos if anyone wants to see anything specific.
IMG_20220223_144925.jpgIMG_20220223_145635_1.jpgIMG_20220130_203044_1.jpg

Back