Intel SDSi - new shit from Intel for their old concept introduced in i3 2xxx

Looks like it's just another baby step towards not owning anything.
We've seen it with digital licenses like the ones on Steam and Adobe Creative cloud.
Next up they'll probably crawl towards processing-as-a-service (PaaS ?) with steps like this and Gamepass/GeForce Now/Stadia/Luna.
In the next 15 years you'll just need some device that can connect to the internet and your OS, hardware, storage, apps, etc will all be on the cloud and you'll pay a monthly subscription fee for it.

Hi wonder on the long run, what is the big advantage of this, will not they just wasting silicon? with features that maybe a customer will never enable, would be much better do light cores for some markets.

I doubt that, there are many scenarios where the features like AVX2/3 or something they quantify as premium will make it necessary for gamers, developers, Organizations to run perticular software and if the above thing goes into actual production they will end up pulling money from consumer who already bought their products and now need to pay more to unlock premium products

SDSi, That will be the day, i call it Retirement from USING PC and Laptop and will stick to Tablets, to watch youtube and live a peaceful life ;-)

Back