Storage Solutions Internal HDD - Seagate or Western digital?

Iam getting 640gb harddisk - WD640GB AACS from ankit, at SP road for 3.5K
ITS GREEN LABLE

is that good TO BUY THAT MODEL

what is difference between WD640GB AAKS and WD640GB AACS

m0h1t said:
say who? stop spreading rumours :-[

Lol, I haven't heard many WDs failing unlike the seagates.

TonyBosco said:
Iam getting 640gb harddisk - WD640GB AACS from ankit, at SP road for 3.5K
ITS GREEN LABLE

is that good TO BUY THAT MODEL

what is difference between WD640GB AAKS and WD640GB AACS

3.5k for caviar green is quite high, The green HDD's are eco friendly drives which consumes less power and runs at variable speeds ranging from 5400-7200.

where as the AAKS blue series are a bit faster than the green,
Check this, WDC 640GB S-ATA 3.5" Hard drive - Lynx Chandigarh Largest Electronic & Computer Superstore
The blue sells for 3413rs+85Rs for shipping, which is a good deal, Ask amarbir to put it up on ebay so that you can use coupons and save around 350Rs.

I'd suggest you to go for caviar blue.

cooldude_007 said:
Lol, I haven't heard many WDs failing unlike the seagates.

You say as if every other seagate drive fails.. The only issue with seagate was with the 7200.11's which has now been rectified.

The probability of a seagate failing is more or less same as that of a WD keeping all other factors such as Heat, power spikes, cooling,etc constant

Also seagate's market share is much more than that of WD, that's another reason why one see's seagate drivers failing marginally more.

There are numerous reasons why a drive fails, but if you still think seagate makes bad drives ur a big fat n00b

^^ Wo wo wo, Chillax seagate fanboy :S , I'm not denying the fact that seagate makes good drives, All my drives except the 640AAKS that i bought a month back are seagate, Right since my 4.5gb seagate brick, and the 80GB PATA 7200.7 which is still running, I USED to trust seagate but the alarming rates of failures makes me think twice before buying a seagate. My friend's new 7200.12 500gb is failing, Bad sectors :ashamed: his 80gb 7200.9 is still running fine in his system. Problems do occur, Be it seagate or WD.;)

24 May 09, 07:19 PM
anandkrishnantc
Hyperactive Member Join Date: Sep 2007
Re: Internal HDD - Seagate or Western digital? permalink

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think better buy in small capacities, below 120GBs. Use multiple HDDs and backup data in an external HDD>
i vot for you!

hey guys iam planning to get a WD My book for 5450 1 TB locally it comes with 3 years warranty should i go for it or should i go for seagate external 1TB which has warranty for 5yrs ???? which is better and also how is the failure rate of WD

External HDD ??? please answer ? thanks a lot in advance

ubergeek said:
hey guys iam planning to get a WD My book for 5450 1 TB locally it comes with 3 years warranty should i go for it or should i go for seagate external 1TB which has warranty for 5yrs ???? which is better and also how is the failure rate of WD

External HDD ??? please answer ? thanks a lot in advance

dont know about the external WD,, but read somewhere about the data loss-unreliability of the seagate 1tb external,infact someone in TE market selling one for the same reason few weeks back.

check yourself - one failure does not mean bad product

Back