Android Internet disconnecting very frequently

It will fill up all other values/boxes itself?
Yes it will configure the rest on its own.

Try this
Open APN > Edit the existing jionet apn by clicking on the ">" towards the right side, scroll down, and set APN protocol and APN roaming protocol to IPv4. Give it a check with these settings changed. I'm suspecting it is likely a OS issue.
Let's suppose the last update messed this up which was on 17th September, then even if the phone is formatted it will auto update the latest ota which was on 17th September. How will it help then?
By resetting, you will still have the latest OTA update, but then if the earlier OTA update is not clean (meaning any leftover junk(previous version leftover) files over the process, it can cause a conflict. By doing a reset, you are starting with a clean slate.

For resetting, here is what I would suggest.
  • Take whatever the backup need
  • Power off the device
  • Hold Volume Up + Power Key together for a few seconds, untill the device enter recovery mode.
  • Use volume keys to navigate through option, select 5th option? (Wipe Data/ Factory Rest)
  • Press power button to confirm the selection
  • Once done, you can choose the first option "Reboot System now"
Like it is already suggested, check if you can roll back the update to earlier one.

Try this
Open APN > Edit the existing jionet apn by clicking on the ">" towards the right side, scroll down, and set APN protocol and APN roaming protocol to IPv4. Give it a check with these settings changed. I'm suspecting it is likely a OS issue.

By resetting, you will still have the latest OTA update, but then if the earlier OTA update is not clean (meaning any leftover junk(previous version leftover) files over the process, it can cause a conflict. By doing a reset, you are starting with a clean slate.

For resetting, here is what I would suggest.
  • Take whatever the backup need
  • Power off the device
  • Hold Volume Up + Power Key together for a few seconds, untill the device enter recovery mode.
  • Use volume keys to navigate through option, select 5th option? (Wipe Data/ Factory Rest)
  • Press power button to confirm the selection
  • Once done, you can choose the first option "Reboot System now"
Like it is already suggested, check if you can roll back the update to earlier one.
Try this

Changing it to IPv4 didn't help. How to remove the jionet apn (or any other apn for that matter) fully from a Samsung phone and then let the network provider to send the settings later on from scratch? I am seeing an option only to reset them but not to remove them. In older Samsung phones there used to be an option to manually remove them. I think, and I might be wrong, since other isp's mobile data is working fine so it could be the settings for the mobile data of Jio sim's which must have been messed up https://techenclave.com/threads/calls-not-connecting-in-2nd-sim.201189/#post-2307968

About the roll back, unfortunately couldn't find that option anywhere.

About the reset, that is the option of last resort because I don't want to spend so much time setting up the phone again, tons of important apps. Moreover there is no option to backup the messages which are in the block section in the messages app. About Whatsapp Plus, I followed @CapriAnupam 's link but I doubt that it will restore fully. The problem with the backup of WA+ is that it always gives some issues while restoring.
Is there any way to directly send a feedback/complain about this to Samsung's concerned department?

Last edited:
I am seeing an option only to reset them.
I'm not aware much about Samsung phones. Try adding a new profile, and delete the earlier one. Again I suppose this isn't the issue to deal with
About the roll back, unfortunately couldn't find that option anywhere.
If you notice in the recovery mode of your phone, there is an option Install update from a zip file. I'm not sure if Samsung allows to download the update package to a zip file for offline update, and on top of that downgrading the existing version.

I'm not aware much about Samsung phones. Try adding a new profile, and delete the earlier one. Again I suppose this isn't the issue to deal with

If you notice in the recovery mode of your phone, there is an option Install update from a zip file. I'm not sure if Samsung allows to download the update package to a zip file for offline update, and on top of that downgrading the existing version.
Brother creating a new profile wont solve this as the apn is either auto set up or manually. I have deleted the old one. Just wanted to know how to get the configuration message again from Jio.

Brother creating a new profile wont solve this as the apn is either auto set up or manually. I have deleted the old one. Just wanted to know how to get the configuration message again from Jio.
Try talking to their customer care to send you configuration or
  • Go to Menu button > Tap New APN.
  • Enter 'Name' field and 'APN' field as 'JioNet' & tap 'OK'. Your APN has now been configured for mobile data access.
Both should result the same.

Try talking to their customer care to send you configuration or
  • Go to Menu button > Tap New APN.
  • Enter 'Name' field and 'APN' field as 'JioNet' & tap 'OK'. Your APN has now been configured for mobile data access.
Both should result the same.
Took out the main jio sim from slot 2 and tried the same in some other Samsung phone and then tried using it as a hotspot, it works great. Inserted that phone's Jio sim to the Note 10 and it is giving the same problems after the hotspot is turned on. The internet just stops working with a Jio Sim in the Note 10 Lite if the hotpsot is started. How to delete all settings of Jio from the Note 10 Lite and then ask Jio to send the network related settings again? Why I am emphasizing on this is because mobile data+hotspot by another ISP works great in the Note 10 Lite. Even with the Jio Sim it works fine, it stops only after the hotpsot is turned on. Called the customer support team but it didn't connect me to an agent. Do they send these settings via a text message or something?
I just noted one thing, whenever a non Jio sim is inserted in a phone everytime they send the configuration message for the mobile data. Jio does that only the first time their sim is inserted in a phone. How to ask them to send it again?

Last edited:
The internet just stops working with a Jio Sim in the Note 10 Lite if the hotpsot is started.
Is this SIM card in 2nd slot all the while? If so try testing with the SIM in first slot.
Do they send these settings via a text message or something?
I never noticed Jio doing that, it(my guess) is likely the apn information is stored in the SIM card itself, which doesn't need to be updated/pushed everytime it is inserted.
I just noted one thing, whenever a non Jio sim is inserted in a phone everytime they send the configuration message for the mobile data. Jio does that only the first time their sim is inserted in a phone. How to ask them to send it again?
Your best bet would be to connect to a human on their care number, and try convincing him. Just be mindful that the humans there may not have the option to send you the apn configuration. They may still guide what is there on their website, that is to set/type manually.

Is this SIM card in 2nd slot all the while? If so try testing with the SIM in first slot.

I never noticed Jio doing that, it(my guess) is likely the apn information is stored in the SIM card itself, which doesn't need to be updated/pushed everytime it is inserted.

Your best bet would be to connect to a human on their care number, and try convincing him. Just be mindful that the humans there may not have the option to send you the apn configuration. They may still guide what is there on their website, that is to set/type manually.
Have swapped it tons of time but the result is the same.

How to double check about that?

It never connects me to some customer support agent. I did what is mentioned on their website, but they haven't mentioned what should be the mcc and mnc number, apn type and apn roaming and simple protocol. I copied that all by checking the same from some other phone in which Jio mobile data+hotspot works fine but same result.

One more thing, in this phone say the mobile data is working fine and we start the hotspot but do not connect any device to it, still the internet will stop to work.

Bro I can't see the blocked messages in that file created by the software that you suggested. Any other help? @CapriAnupam

If the ota update messed this up, then it should have been for all operators, right?

I just now created a backup using SMS Backup & Restore, and I was able to see the SMS that was in the "Spam and Blocked" section of the Messages app. So, those messages have also been backed up. Search in the backup taken, using some unique text from the blocked SMS.

Anyways, if the SMS are from blocked numbers, why bother to backup and restore them?
I think you may want to keep it for a record?

I don't know if we have blocked some numbers, and if we restore messages/contacts etc on a different phone, or on the same phone after a format, if those numbers still remain blocked. Would be interested in knowing about this, if someone has knowledge on how it works.

I just now created a backup using SMS Backup & Restore, and I was able to see the SMS that was in the "Spam and Blocked" section of the Messages app. So, those messages have also been backed up. Search in the backup taken, using some unique text from the blocked SMS.

Anyways, if the SMS are from blocked numbers, why bother to backup and restore them?
I think you may want to keep it for a record?

I don't know if we have blocked some numbers, and if we restore messages/contacts etc on a different phone, or on the same phone after a format, if those numbers still remain blocked. Would be interested in knowing about this, if someone has knowledge on how it works.
They are not showing. Will try again later and will get back to you.
Need them for record purposes.
Good point. Even if they restore, do they go to the blocked section or the normal messages section.
Different operators use different frequencies(bands). There may be a conflict/hiccup in case of Jio.
Tried another jio sim in this phone and it worked fine, need to test it extensively though tried for about an hour. Tried the main jio sim of this phone in some another phone and it worked fine, tried for more than an hour. Will get back after testing asap.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply, was out of town for personal work.
I think you should get a new Jio sim for the same number just to check if sim causing the issue. I did think of a band being incompatible with your modem but that is ruled out. Since you mentioned this problem started after the update, your best bet is to go to service centre and explain your situation and flash the previous OTA. You cannot avoid hard reset as an option since you have run out of other methods.
As mentioned by @diy-maniac do hard reset from recovery. It will clear all files on phone memory and rid any conflicting file/issue if any and do setup your phone fresh. See if the issue persists. If yes, then your last option is to flash previous OTA.

Sorry for the late reply, was out of town for personal work.
I think you should get a new Jio sim for the same number just to check if sim causing the issue. I did think of a band being incompatible with your modem but that is ruled out. Since you mentioned this problem started after the update, your best bet is to go to service centre and explain your situation and flash the previous OTA. You cannot avoid hard reset as an option since you have run out of other methods.
As mentioned by @diy-maniac do hard reset from recovery. It will clear all files on phone memory and rid any conflicting file/issue if any and do setup your phone fresh. See if the issue persists. If yes, then your last option is to flash previous OTA.
Hi bro,

I think you should get a new Jio sim for the same number just to check if sim causing the issue.
I mentioned in some earlier reply, I put this sim in some other Samsung phone itself and the hotspot worked fine.

Since you mentioned this problem started after the update, your best bet is to go to service centre and explain your situation and flash the previous OTA. You cannot avoid hard reset as an option since you have run out of other methods.
Gave the phone to them, they said it works fine. I bet you that they didn't test it extensively. They said that there isn't any issue. When I told them that the camera showed complete white thing and it was normal after reboot (I hope you read that post above) they said that all they can do is format the phone or replace the motherboard. I think that they will keep the motherboard from this phone for themselves, even if they replace it.

do hard reset from recovery. It will clear all files on phone memory and rid any conflicting file/issue if any and do setup your phone fresh. See if the issue persists. If yes, then your last option is to flash previous OTA.
Please share complete steps for this. + @diy-maniac

Gave the phone to them, they said it works fine. I bet you that they didn't test it extensively. They said that there isn't any issue. When I told them that the camera showed complete white thing and it was normal after reboot (I hope you read that post above) they said that all they can do is format the phone or replace the motherboard. I think that they will keep the motherboard from this phone for themselves, even if they replace it.
Weren't you able to reproduce this hotspot issue in front of them?
Ask them for original Mobo if you have doubts.

Weren't you able to reproduce this hotspot issue in front of them?
Ask them for original Mobo if you have doubts.
This is the problem mere bhai. Sometimes this issue starts in seconds after the hotspot is turned on and sometimes after minutes, these minutes can be 30 odd minutes too. Gave the phone to them. I told them to check with a Jio Sim only. I have no idea what they did.

So, you are telling me to go for the motherboard replacement and get the replaced motherboard back? a. I "think" they all mention on the jobsheet that the replaced parts will not be given to the customers and b. Even if they give I won't be able to say for certain that this motherboard belongs to this phone as no app gives us a s/n of the same.

Back