Internet Download Manager lifetime license for 1405 INR, Pricing lowered to 1238.47 per license, pricing 1155.74 if 10 users (ALL FULL))

Status
Not open for further replies.
@guest_999 (and others)

Despite being OT, I like to point out the following:
  • When it comes to the frequency of updates, JDownloader is miles ahead of IDM as well as many of its competitors - thanks to its unique modular design. The "paid = better/faster" formula isn't a rule of thumb.
  • It's not a Java applet or such, which means you don't need to install a full-fledged version of Java on your host OS to run JDownloader. The current installer ships with a minimal version of JRE bundled with the program, that's it.
To be precise, I use both of them (and others, depending on my requirements), cause I can't ignore individual pros and cons.

Last edited:
Sorry to jump-in , but misinformation must be stoped.

1. youtube can not be any, remotely, deciding factor for purchasing IDM.
if downloading yt is any requirement nothing come close to youtubedl/p - its free. and has many GUI for common people. officially it it has capability to snip streams from almost everything.

2. in windows ( or mac or linux) nothing come close to "ease of use" of IDM and it hands down one of the best download manager out there in terms of user interface for windows.

But the original charm of IDM is gone long back. It has serious flaws with multi-segmentation if one using high speed connection and trying to download small files ( lets say below 500mb) with inception of Win10 - IDM is in no intention to fix it- instead they are adding unwanted features/and trying to be a youtube video downloader.

in terms of raw performance - FDM (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Download_Manager) beats IDM in every aspects, except "bells and whistles" of IDM.
From my server to home, where IDM cry reaching 24-27mbps download, FDM easily and always hits 40-41mbps.
I last used IDM years ago so I guess I am not up to date regarding its latest behaviour but I guess its UI remains its strong point even now. I last used FDM during 2020 & found it just about avg & missing some feature I wanted so uninstalled it, will try it again to see if it has become better.

@guest_999 (and others)

Despite being OT, I like to point of the following:
  • When it comes to the frequency of updates, JDownloader is miles ahead of IDM as well as many of its competitors - thanks to its unique modular design. The "paid = better/faster" formula isn't a rule of thumb.
  • It's not a Java applet or such, which means you don't need to install a full-fledged version of Java on your host OS to run JDownloader. The current installer ships with a minimal version of JRE bundled with the program, that's it.
To be precise, I use both of them (and others, depending on my requirements), cause I can't ignore individual pros and cons.
Yes I know jdownloader is miles ahead of any dl manager as far as supporting file hosters is concerned & same for bundled jre but I was talking more about the perspective of a typical user but I guess even there IDM is not what it used to be years ago.

1. youtube can not be any, remotely, deciding factor for purchasing IDM.
if downloading yt is any requirement nothing come close to youtubedl/p - its free. and has many GUI for common people. officially it it has capability to snip streams from almost everything.
Yep, yt-dlp is the best tool to download YouTube videos and it's open source so anyone can check what is going on in the program. It's free and well managed.

IDM has very little use these days because most people prefer torrents. Direct downloads are dying because people split 10gb files into 100 parts and upload them on restricted download websites which offer 10kbps speed unless we buy premium account. Also, there are open source alternative available these days. I would always pick a well managed open source program instead of paid. Apart from that, it's not really that difficult to get it for free if someone only wants to use it.

Is paid IDM able to download vids from udemy?
I have a bought tutorial that I would like to download. It's 15 hrs long so not easy to record using some capture software. I can record but it's not gonna be easy. My 2 YO daughter sometimes presses the keys on the keyboard and moves the mouse when she sees it's ON.

Hi
Might be interested.... Please clear
Does IDM binds with Mac, IP or email?? Or its just the one time reg code...?
Though it's obvious and silly to ask but still asking, I guess one can't use same key with their pc and laptop in same household???
Thanks
Please read first post
Add me to the list if you haven't already
Kindly PM me for payment details (UPI preferred)
Read first post for more clarifications and additional discounts available.
add me aswell.
Count me in if slots are available
Count me in! I think they will be happy to have more buyers!
I have a bought tutorial that I would like to download. It's 15 hrs long so not easy to record using some capture software. I can record but it's not gonna be easy. My 2 YO daughter sometimes presses the keys on the keyboard and moves the mouse when she sees it's ON.
I dont have answer this question, Google is your best friend or better email IDM support for proper reply..

Last edited:
Paid IDM user , can check if you want

IDM wins on the UI part..its simple and straight and they haven't tried to fiddle with it so that's its usp.
Again, its extension integration in almost all popular browsers is another winning point.
Lastly, to be a video downloader not just for YT but for many other platform (unfortunately not for FB) is its additional feature but not primary.

I have came from the good old loyal Download Accelerator era till flashget, jdownloader, fdm and idm but for me nothing came close to ID. Its just my preference nothing else. Just like I use Utorrent but they have spoiled it altogether now making it like a web interface form the good old tiny tool so a similar alternate is to be searched..

IDM wins on the UI part..its simple and straight and they haven't tried to fiddle with it so that's its usp.
Again, its extension integration in almost all popular browsers is another winning point.
Lastly, to be a video downloader not just for YT but for many other platform (unfortunately not for FB) is its additional feature but not primary.
REad somewhere, we can configure/set torrent files/magenet links to IDM ? Any idea

So just to confirm, one PC and One Laptop means I need 2 keys?
Yes you need 2 keys,
I have also shared official reply from IDM in first post.. (since i will be using idm on a laptop and a PC, going for 2 keys myself)
Count me in if 9 users are ready. Let me know how to pay.
Request to keep a watch on this topic as well, its completely FIFO.
If have added you as 7th interested/confirmed user (Will wait for 3 more users, to buy a 10 user license at additional discount, as mentioned in 1st post)

Now 3 more slots available including you.

I have came from the good old loyal Download Accelerator era
Im hearing DAP after so so long. Nostalgia Pro Max.

Is DAP still around?

I used to sit and watch the multicolour segmental download bars in DAP fill up on my 10-12kBps Airtel GPRS (or EDGE) connected via Bluetooth DialUp using IVT BlueSoleil. So many names in this sentence that I haven't seen or heard in a decade.

Request to keep a watch on this topic as well, its completely FIFO.
If have added you as 7th interested/confirmed user (Will wait for 3 more users, to buy a 10 user license at additional discount, as mentioned in 1st post)

Now 3 more slots available including you.
Okay. So if you don't get 3 more users, then the offer is not valid for 7 users and I am out. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back