Inverter AC for 120~145 Sq Ft Bedroom

I thought this forum was more to do with members helping each other find the perfect solution for their AC requirements.
I apologise if you were offended with my post.
The problem is you are not looking for help and have made up your mind. For example, when I said outside temperatures have a major role to play in compressor load, you still rejected the concept. Isn't that trying to prove that only you are right?

Hello Guys,

So i again surfed-by the showrooms on Thursday & after a final considerations/bargain i picked-up the most discussed a/c on this site:
Sharp 1.1 Ton Inverter AH-XP13PMT (white colour)

For the people wondering about the different 1.1T models:
AH-XP13PHT
is the same model as PMT except with Black & Gold colour options
AH-XP13PET is the same as above except without:
4Way Auto Air Swing, Plasmacluster Ion Technology, Super Jet / Turbo Jet, Self Cleaning/ Auto Cleaning

I bought my PMT from Malaika Electronics for 37k which included Installation & the 10 Ft Copper pipe.

Was promised delivery & installation the next day (Friday) - which happened just as agreed with the store rep.

The installation was ousourced to a pvt agency, the installation guy did not use the plastic drain pipe that came with the a/c, instead he used a thick industrial grade type semi-transparent pipe for the purpose & charged me Rs.200 for it.

When i asked him why he didnt use the pipe supplied with the a/c, he said,
"Sir uska bahut complaint aata hai pipe crack hone ka!" (sir we've gotten several complaints about that pipe cracking)

I guess he may be right as it was that semi-hard material which washing machine drain pipes are made of - except slightly harder.
1 more installation expenditure was the compresser stand:
Rs. 700 for 2 L shaped angles (which would've made the compressor exhaust perpendicular to my bedroom windows) or Rs. 1400 for 1 large angular grill (which would make the compressor exhaust parallel & therefore straight out of the windows) & going by my balcony's shape/config, i felt the Large Angular grill would be better so that's what i chose.

Final Damage to the wallet:
37k a/c & installation
1400 + 200 for the compressor stand/grill + pipe
500 electrician's labour (for replacing my tubelight's power socket to make it a/c ready)
369 new power cables
130 tripper switch
Rs. 39,599/- :greedy:

Its been running fine, cools the bedroom in about ~2 mins if i start it at 24~25°

I've been using it at 27~29° while i go to sleep - its perfect & quite pleasant at that temprature.

If i were to nitpick, the lips (& skin to a minor extent) does get quite (irritatingly) dry, this is just after 40 hours of use :D

Last edited:
The difference between pht, pmt & pet could be at compressor level eer ratings also. Is the compressor made by Siam compressor company? I was looking at their site and sharp naming scheme seems same as the compressor names.
www.siamcompressor.com/eng/

The ultra tropical compressors use r410 I think. I downloaded one of the PDF and saw that Mitsubishi produces compressors in Japan for twin rotor type mostly. Siam compressor, which is part of Mitsubishi produces these high and low end variants for other markets. So if Sharp uses Mitsubishi compressor as claimed by people above, it should be made in Taiwan mostly by Siam. If not then I have a doubt whether Sharp actually uses Mitsubishi compressor in their ac's. This is all theory though. Unless we get to see some markings on compressor we won't know for sure.

The difference between pht, pmt & pet could be at compressor level eer ratings also. Is the compressor made by Siam compressor company? I was looking at their site and sharp naming scheme seems same as the compressor names.

Here's what the label on the compressor says:

IMG_20140512_144314.jpg

SIAM is a part of Mitsubishi Electric, NOT Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. These two companies are totally separate entities.
http://www.weatherwizard.com.au/is-...mitsubishi-heavy-industries-air-conditioning/

^ But they have only two models for R410A "RN, NN" , PHT and others use different refrigerant .
I did not understand what you meant by PHT uses different refrigerant! Were you referring to the PHT compressor manufactured by Siam or to the AC model manufactured by Sharp?
This is the page which lists the compressors used for inverter AC's - http://www.siamcompressor.com/eng/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10&Itemid=43

Only the 1.5T and above models of Sharp use twin rotary motor compressor. The 1.1T model uses single motor.

How does one check for the manufacturer of the compressor motor? The motor will be at the back of the ODU. Does it mean until someone opens the ODU completely and voids his warranty, he won't be able to tell the make and model of the motor?

SIAM is a part of Mitsubishi Electric, NOT Mitsubishi Heavy Industries. These two companies are totally separate entities.
http://www.weatherwizard.com.au/is-...mitsubishi-heavy-industries-air-conditioning/

I did not understand what you meant by PHT uses different refrigerant! Were you referring to the PHT compressor manufactured by Siam or to the AC model manufactured by Sharp?
This is the page which lists the compressors used for inverter AC's - http://www.siamcompressor.com/eng/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=10&Itemid=43

Only the 1.5T and above models of Sharp use twin rotary motor compressor. The 1.1T model uses single motor.

How does one check for the manufacturer of the compressor motor? The motor will be at the back of the ODU. Does it mean until someone opens the ODU completely and voids his warranty, he won't be able to tell the make and model of the motor?

Oh shucks, what an eye opener. I went to that Siam site from Mitsubishi India AC site. Maybe it was Mitsubishi electric. All the logos are same. I thought both of them were the same company. :(

Hello All,

Don't mean to sound like a Sharp Company rep but, after 3 weeks of owning/using the Sharp 1.1 Ton AH-XP13PMT so far i'm a Happy Camper. :happy:

The Fan Speeds are: Auto, 2, 3, & 4. Upon reaching home in the afternoon/evening, i just put the temprature to 24~25° & set the fan to 3 - takes about a min to cool the room to a pleasant degree.

The a/c runs throughout the night, for me 27-28° is plenty comfortable so i put it on Eco Mode @ 60% (the options are 80% & 60%) been having the most comfortable summer sleep in a long time.

As per Inverter a/c characteristic, the compressor's fan runs very slowly/lazily at this setting which is to be expected.

While i personally don't see any harm, Just wanted to ask if its ok to run the a/c like this for long periods (nights)?

Cheers - VJ

Hello Guys,
I bought my PMT from Malaika Electronics for 37k which included Installation & the 10 Ft Copper pipe.
Final Damage to the wallet:
37k a/c & installation
1400 + 200 for the compressor stand/grill + pipe
500 electrician's labour (for replacing my tubelight's power socket to make it a/c ready)
369 new power cables
130 tripper switch
Rs. 39,599/- :greedy:

Hey V J,
that's a fantastic price you got there. I stay at Dadar, Mumbai and so far the lowest quote that I have received is 39K for AC + installation 2500 + Angular bracket 1500 etc. You mentioned that you are from Mumbai, so can you please PM me the contact details of the shop from where you got this offer.

Hello All,

Don't mean to sound like a Sharp Company rep but, after 3 weeks of owning/using the Sharp 1.1 Ton AH-XP13PMT so far i'm a Happy Camper. :happy:

The Fan Speeds are: Auto, 2, 3, & 4. Upon reaching home in the afternoon/evening, i just put the temprature to 24~25° & set the fan to 3 - takes about a min to cool the room to a pleasant degree.

The a/c runs throughout the night, for me 27-28° is plenty comfortable so i put it on Eco Mode @ 60% (the options are 80% & 60%) been having the most comfortable summer sleep in a long time.

As per Inverter a/c characteristic, the compressor's fan runs very slowly/lazily at this setting which is to be expected.

While i personally don't see any harm, Just wanted to ask if its ok to run the a/c like this for long periods (nights)?

Cheers - VJ

I too sleep at 29 with eco mode 60%

28 - 29 is more comfortable

one of my uncle couldnt believe that ac can cool even in 28 degree .. i personally saw his samsung inverter ac ...his ac cools only in 16 - 20 .. and gets bills of 6000 for heavy night use eventhough its inverter... sharp gets only extra 600 bill for daily 14hour usage.

I too want to to know the best settings for sharp ... 29 plus eco 60% best?

Last edited by a moderator:
i personally saw his samsung inverter ac ...cools only in 16 - 20 .. and gets bills of 6000 for heavy night use eventhough its inverter...
sharp gets only extra 600 bill for daily 14hour usage.

Mate, with all due respect - claims, like that one ^ coupled with your style of posts & forum handle :pompus: - seem a little too outlandish to believe.

Can u present some proof pls?

I'm anxiously looking forward to my electricity bill & will post it immediately as soon as i recieve it, can u reciprocate the same?

Last edited:
^ He's already posted his bills two three times. Maybe Reliance person in his area does not check meters properly and gives average bills every month. Lucky chap.

Mate, with all due respect - claims, like that one ^ coupled with your style of posts & forum handle :pompus: - seem a little too outlandish to believe.

Can u present some proof pls?

I'm anxiously looking forward to my electricity bill & will post it immediately as soon as i recieve it, can u reciprocate the same?
without ac average bill 1000
first month bill after ac 1400
next month 2000 bill plus 200 extra for 4days 2200 ..may bill lately taken on may10

DSC05882.jpg

ac on for 10am - 5pm morning 9pm - 7am evening compulsorily

settings used .. 28 C with eco mode 60% ..plasma cluster ion on..sometimes gentle mode

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your feedback and views on Sharp 1.1 AH XP13PMT modeI. I finally jumped in and booked it today. Thanks to VJ for his help, I got mine for 36K (installation extra) from Snehanjali Electronics. Most AC dealers in Mumbai were not ready to come below 39K (installation extra), so I feel that's a very good price I got there.
Will provide my feedback on the product once I use it for a month or so.

Great, Congratulations!

U said booked it today, so when do u get it?

Seems the product is much in demand & therefore, low in stock as was the case with many vendors i went to.

Great, Congratulations!

U said booked it today, so when do u get it?

Seems the product is much in demand & therefore, low in stock as was the case with many vendors i went to.

Yeah. Salesman mentioned that this particular model is doing quite well. I am going to get it on Wednesday (installation next day) as that's when they do deliveries in my area.

Finally, installation guys came yesterday and fitted the AC (AH-XP13PMT) at my place. I am so pissed with these installation guys, they are not professional at all. You need to keep an eye their work else they'll finish a job in a jiffy and leave.
I asked them if they brought Vaccum with them, They said "No" and were making excuses that it is not necessary. I told them without Vaccum I wont let them fit the AC and will complain to Sharp. so he called his supervisor and asked him to speak to me. I asked him to give in writing that Vaccum is not needed and he said he can't do that. Finally he agreed to send the vaccum at my place.
While these guys were busy fitting the machine, I took out the installation manual and in that it is clearly mentioned that Vaccum is needed during installation. I showed that to those guys and they smiled and admitted that since Vaccum is heavy they don't like to carry it with them. They also didn't have temperature meter with them during demo and while explaining me the remote, he was just reading out labels of remote buttons. I told him to stop, and that I'll figure out from manual.
Overall as per my observation they were not good and I should have done installation with some more professional guys (does anyone know any good professional guys?). I am going to complain to Sharp about my experience.
Coming back to the Product, I set it on 80% eco mode and 27 degree temperature. Had a very good sound sleep in a long time. Just one query to the members here, there is a very faint plastic smell when I switch on the AC. Is it because its a new machine?

^ That installation debacle happens with almost every brand since its mostly dependent on the service personal installing the AC & most of them are ignorant fools..

Faint plastic smell is normal in many new electronics, just make sure its not a burning like smell...

Finally, installation guys came yesterday and fitted the AC (AH-XP13PMT) at my place. I am so pissed with these installation guys, they are not professional at all. You need to keep an eye their work else they'll finish a job in a jiffy and leave.
I asked them if they brought Vaccum with them, They said "No" and were making excuses that it is not necessary. I told them without Vaccum I wont let them fit the AC and will complain to Sharp. so he called his supervisor and asked him to speak to me. I asked him to give in writing that Vaccum is not needed and he said he can't do that. Finally he agreed to send the vaccum at my place.
While these guys were busy fitting the machine, I took out the installation manual and in that it is clearly mentioned that Vaccum is needed during installation. I showed that to those guys and they smiled and admitted that since Vaccum is heavy they don't like to carry it with them. They also didn't have temperature meter with them during demo and while explaining me the remote, he was just reading out labels of remote buttons. I told him to stop, and that I'll figure out from manual.
Overall as per my observation they were not good and I should have done installation with some more professional guys (does anyone know any good professional guys?). I am going to complain to Sharp about my experience.
Coming back to the Product, I set it on 80% eco mode and 27 degree temperature. Had a very good sound sleep in a long time. Just one query to the members here, there is a very faint plastic smell when I switch on the AC. Is it because its a new machine?

i used to get smell when it was new ..now i dont get it

Back